TC Finalizer

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 27, 2005
i dont know how to explain it but you can't get that effect with an l2/ll16/ psp vintage warmer etc.
LOL, the finalizer is digital meaning that that hardware is basically a computer with a plugin.

Anyways, IF you have all the right plugs AND know what you're doing, the difference between analog and digital mixing/mastering is negligible:

Analog vs Digital Shootout:

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?navid=49&itemid=25669

Where's 50cal at? lol

Feb 2, 2006
LOL, the finalizer is digital meaning that that hardware is basically a computer with a plugin.

Anyways, IF you have all the right plugs AND know what you're doing, the difference between analog and digital mixing/mastering is negligible:

Analog vs Digital Shootout:

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?navid=49&itemid=25669

Where's 50cal at? lol
damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn u really cant tell the diff. between those mixes. i took the blind test and i thought for sure it was analog then it came up as pro tools lol.

Feb 2, 2006
Oh yeah, Waves business practices are hella scandelous...

Research WUP before throwing any money their way...

It's like you don't buy their plugs, only rent them...

They make some good stuff like the SSL, V-Series, JJP & API

But the I prefer the Duende for the SSL, as it's all the way official (not an emulation)...

I prefer UA's official Neve pulg-ins to the waves V-Series... The Neve bundle won the '07TEC award for signal processing software...

Many also prefer UA's officially licensed Fairchild and Pultec plugs to those of the recently released Wave's JJP series (which again is not officially licensed)...

Now the API series is something I've though about getting, but considering the annual WUP payments Waves wants to get out of you, I'd rather get the real deal analog units (2500 stereo comp and 500 series 500 B eqs)... but that's just me...

But yeah, as far as external DSP processing goes... in terms of overall quality, value, diveristy and customer service: UAD> SSL Duende > Powercore > Pro Tools TDM > Liquid Mix
nice yeah i cant say i have bought any waves plugins. if i opened up a business i would definetly buy a few specific ones (max bass, maxx volume, the rbass, req, doubler, stereo widener, l2, reverb, x noise, c4 and desser - i also like the api and ssl plugins but thats a lot of money).these are all plugins that i used before though. i wish there was a way to try out some of the stuff your talking about. maybe ill stumble accross them like i did this tc finalizer and those adam monitors.

Apr 7, 2006
If you stumble across a used UAD-1 - you can get 14 day demos on all the plug-ins...

I'm tellin' you - you'll be blown away...

...and you'll actually own the plug-ins you purchase... no yearly 'maintenance' fee or nuthin...

Feb 2, 2006
If you stumble across a used UAD-1 - you can get 14 day demos on all the plug-ins...

I'm tellin' you - you'll be blown away...

...and you'll actually own the plug-ins you purchase... no yearly 'maintenance' fee or nuthin...
yeah i looked on ebay its not too expensive 1-200 dollars for a card. sounds like a god deal

Apr 7, 2006
yeah i looked on ebay its not too expensive 1-200 dollars for a card. sounds like a god deal
They used to go for 500...

Right now IMO is the lowest they'll be going for...

They will go up in price again - now that UA is not going to charge for porting the plugs over the the UAD-2... mark my words...

Get on that quick!