Sucka Free City

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 20, 2003
jaytrees said:
why is all these people in this forum that never lived a day in frisco talking like they know frisco because they was at fishermans wharf for july 4th. actually, the movie was pretty solid. it demonstrated the kind of beef that escalades in frisco day-in and day-out, and how all races/parts of the sco can come in conflict. the movie did not glorify any violence at all nor did it exagerrate any violence. its not a gang bang flick. the only thing i didnt like about the movie was because there wasnt any representatives for the latins in the mission which is about 30% of frisco.

that's what i'm sayin!!!! ya people just hear about s.f. and killings but don't know what really goes on. if they wanted to make it more realistic then they should've really showed what goes down out there on west pt. and harbor rd. they touched on that kinda thing a little when the crazy dude started blasting at that kid on the bball court. of course there were some unrealistic parts (like the bowling alley being a hangout). of course there's people like o-dog in s.f. all that shit with the asians was pretty realistic. people from s.f. know about j.b. jackson boys. they're real and people u don't fuck with! they should've brought out the real shit from the mission but i guess it got cut out. also the vis valley shit didn't make any sense. they should've included sunnydale if that was the case. overall i thought it was decent. there was a lot of shit that coulda been done better. jt's character should've played a bigger role. i guess they did what they could on it cuz they had to cut soo much shit out.

Kon1

Sicc OG
May 17, 2002
Yeah I thought the movie was cool I mean I've never been to Frisco but it's only a movie yall i mean people act like Showtimes gonna let em put sum str8 raw ass real murders and shit like that u know they aint lettin that go down.But I do gotta say it was tight when that lil kid got blasted on on site by that one dude Sleepy or whatever the fuck his name was.Overall I thought it was a pretty good movie.Fuck the haters Spike did his thing again.Fool just needs to commit to doing a whole series

Jan 20, 2003
obviously they would've got smashed but they would've came back 50 cars deep if it was real life. that's how they roll. i was sayin the whole underworld part with the asians was realistic.

Apr 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
I think the movie is more fiction than reality. I dont know, i didnt like it. They failed to capture the Real street lifestyle of the SF Bay. The Asian mob cast looked soft, could of made them look harder. They didnt look convincing enough. Looked like B list actors.

They tried to show a war over CD bootlegging? WTF? Could of been Dope, Marijuana, Crack, Herion or something else. The plot was weak.

Positive thing out of this that it brought some shine to the Bay. And they use bay rappers in there so thats a good look.

Who is the dude who got stabbed in the bathroom?? He looks real familiar.

ScoSaSSiNeSS

Artist Records
Apr 1, 2003
www.thejacka.com
Checkmate Muzik said:
I think the movie is more fiction than reality. I dont know, i didnt like it. They failed to capture the Real street lifestyle of the SF Bay. The Asian mob cast looked soft, could of made them look harder. They didnt look convincing enough. Looked like B list actors.

They tried to show a war over CD bootlegging? WTF? Could of been Dope, Marijuana, Crack, Herion or something else. The plot was weak.

Positive thing out of this that it brought some shine to the Bay. And they use bay rappers in there so thats a good look.

Who is the dude who got stabbed in the bathroom?? He looks real familiar.
I feel you that it's more fiction than reality. I think they could have recruited actors to fit the roles better. Keep it real, what boyz you see in the Bay runnin around the town carrying shoulder bags and shit lol. The dialect, verbals and all that was off too. Good thing they had JT and Quinn in it. I ain't mad tho I just think if they wanted to put Frisco or any part of the Bay on,they coulda spent more bread on us, and put more effort into it- it would have been worth it.

Feb 10, 2004
www.twitter.com
I have to watch it again. Me and everybody from over here spent most of the show tripin off the lack of authenticty. They just had the point all wrong as far as the turf infastructure and how we are over here. If I'm not mistaken the first 3 episodes were shot, and they cut those 3 down to make the movie. As a pilot it was alright, but they just needed to make it more like the point, instead of just using the name and a couple of streets. They should have got into the shit that makes it so unique over here. For instance, no bowling alleys, no stores, no 40's, no gang colors. More like drinkin out of cups, everybody with their black on, young niggaz running blocks, fedz. It just represented us like we on some petty shit, like bootleggin cds for a hustle. Shit, Spike Lee knows, its sicker than that, while we were filming, the fedz came through and caught niggaz outside leaking and was handing out federal inditments. Best part of the show was seeing my name in the credits, (had to throw that out there!). Instead of making the bay as we are, on some next level shit, they made us look like any hood USA. We thought that it was gonna be sick because of the intro, and would go into how we might all be mentaly off (not just cancer), because of the chemicals in the navy yard. I'm thru ranting, sorry bout that.

ScoSaSSiNeSS

Artist Records
Apr 1, 2003
www.thejacka.com
PressPlay Prod. said:
Quinn was in the movie aswell? what part was this? i remember his song being played when dude pulled up in the truck b4 he shot that lil kid playin b-ball and shit.......btw what song was that?
I think Quinn was only in the beginning of the movie; you see JT more if anything but they did play their music in some scenes. I heard tracks from Project Poetry and from Quinndo Mania....

Apr 13, 2003
I really didnt like the movie. ill give it an E for effort but it was a big misrepresentation of how shyt really is. I mean they made V dub or whatever look soft. How is a groan man gonna blast a lil 12 year old?wtf is that? And they looked real hard beatin up a lil square white dude and terrorizing his family. And the softest part was V dub robbed the white family and then gave the shit back. Then a member of "V dub" becomes friends with the white dude they beat up, teachin him how to burn cd's on the laptop he stole from him? WTF? I watchin this shyt like, I know this is a movie but lets kinda keep it real. And beefin over bootleggin cd's is a little farfetched too. Maybe they did cut a lot of parts out but how u not gonna show the essays in the mission and how they get down. I think they needed better casters. Compare this to Training Day, Menace 2 Society or Paid n Full. Them niggaz were representing for real (as far as a hood movies go) Compare it to OZ, The Wire. Them shows were grimey and graphic "Sucker Free City looked manufactured and the wristband shyt was even softer . Foolz aint on no im wearin a red and yellow wristband im reppin. I dont know maybe if Jon Singleton was involved it would of been better. I see why Showtime didnt pick it up.