Sucka Free City

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 16, 2004
In my opinion the movie was mainscreen quality and the acting was decent. If this was a pilot though and they were originally planning to make a series of this I feel that it was garbage and the reason is because I am not asking myself "Oh my....what happens next!"
For that reason I dont feel like it met the mark and personally I'd rather watch desprate housewives or las vegas.
Overall rating: Dissapointment

Jan 19, 2003
DOUBLE said:
This would have been alot better as a series not a one time movie there is to much going on.
it wasnt meant to be a one time movie its called a PILOT. too bad they cudnt agree on shit n get it rollin' even the guys in the newspaper said it was sick

May 16, 2004
408mobsta said:
that movie sucked ass low budget flick imo....
unrealistic flick and tells a false truth to people who dont know. Its movies like these that have square white people afraid of black people because that little disrespectful fuck who thought he was o dog dosent exist because people like him in real life get killed real quick or catch a case with no parole ever.

2 thumbs down

DVS ONE

Spanish Springs
Jun 21, 2003
Vista and Hubble
moonpizzle said:
that little disrespectful fuck who thought he was o dog dosent exist because people like him in real life get killed real quick or catch a case with no parole ever.
Cant catch all the monsters....your sorely mistaken if you think cats like that dont exist in the streets,Bay is fulla loose cannons....

Oct 29, 2004
the script was originally a film, but after showtime picked it up, they had him re-write it into a pilot. in the end tho, they didnt pick up the other scripts cuz spike couldnt commit to directing the whole series.

i havent seen it yet, but i doubt it was supposed to be realistic. from viewing the trailor, the flick was obviously more hollywood than anything. i can almost guaruntee that after showtime picked it up, they wanted him to re-write it in a style that would cater their audience...upper class white america.

aint all chinese people mafia, and all black folk are not street thugs. white people are definately all squares though...haha jk jk jk.

Oct 29, 2004
moonpizzle said:
unrealistic flick and tells a false truth to people who dont know. Its movies like these that have square white people afraid of black people because that little disrespectful fuck who thought he was o dog dosent exist because people like him in real life get killed real quick or catch a case with no parole ever.

2 thumbs down
please, like the majority of rap music doesnt portray the same thing?

Oct 19, 2004
I wasn't really feelin the shit that much. It was corny as hell to me. They made them mission cats look like squares and them asians look like suckas. The shit had absolutely no point to it at all. I mean what was the shit even about? None of the scenarios had a conclusion to em and that ending made absolutely no sense.

I like how they had quinn and JT in it but they could of made JT's character a little better. It was like he was just there to promote himself instead of really acting. The part where the little kid got popped was the dumbest shit i've ever seen. They could have left that out or made it more realistic than that. The cat comes in and pops the little nigga immediately like he knew he was gonna be sittin right there and without even seein if he did it or not. And dude that was like his big brother did nothing. Maybe I need to watch it again cuz after the first viewing I can say that IMO it was another misrepresentation of the Bay. Just like thats coach carter shit that had hella new york accent havin actors playin in a westcoast movie. Why cant we get some shit like "the wire" or a "paid in full" some shit that looks realistic? I dont know let me watch it again and see if anything changes.

Apr 25, 2002
moonpizzle said:

2 thumbs down
But you gotta remember, Out here with all the muthafuckas gettin killed its like a what 10% arrest rate. So thats saying 90% percent of the muthafuckas that kill get away!! nowdays it seems like everybody is riding around with a strap and aint afraid to use it. All thru the town its this younger hyphy generation thats quick to shoot. I have witnessed those kind of situations. So there are Odog like niggaz out here that just dont give a fuck about who they kill or who sees it.

May 16, 2004
alright dude's character in the movie was a punk and he was putting his gun in his friends faces because they did not agree with something he said. His character blasted a 12 year old for cutting dope. This cat's character was too active and too much a punk to survive in socieiety. People like him dont last period. Not sayin these youngstas aint wild and shit aint crazy just sayin this character is not real, its a movie, real life aint like his character, end of story.

Oct 29, 2004
moonpizzle said:
And like you said yourself you havent seen it yet so why dont you just wait till you see it before you start arguing over my opinion...FRANK
no need to get so defensive, u aint gonna get no internet bickering from me, i dont got time for that. plus i dont need to see it to know what it is glorifying and sensationalizing.

Feb 5, 2005
threefoe said:
I wasn't really feelin the shit that much. It was corny as hell to me. They made them mission cats look like squares and them asians look like suckas. The shit had absolutely no point to it at all. I mean what was the shit even about? None of the scenarios had a conclusion to em and that ending made absolutely no sense.

I like how they had quinn and JT in it but they could of made JT's character a little better. It was like he was just there to promote himself instead of really acting. The part where the little kid got popped was the dumbest shit i've ever seen. They could have left that out or made it more realistic than that. The cat comes in and pops the little nigga immediately like he knew he was gonna be sittin right there and without even seein if he did it or not. And dude that was like his big brother did nothing. Maybe I need to watch it again cuz after the first viewing I can say that IMO it was another misrepresentation of the Bay. Just like thats coach carter shit that had hella new york accent havin actors playin in a westcoast movie. Why cant we get some shit like "the wire" or a "paid in full" some shit that looks realistic? I dont know let me watch it again and see if anything changes.
co-sign. WTF was the point? the ending just didnt make any sense to me at all

Oct 19, 2004
^^^I dont give a shit what you say aint nobody dumb its my opinion and it aint changin. Of course im a support it but that dont mean i have to like it. They could have done a better job IMO and after watchin again i feel the same way.

Apr 26, 2004
why is all these people in this forum that never lived a day in frisco talking like they know frisco because they was at fishermans wharf for july 4th. actually, the movie was pretty solid. it demonstrated the kind of beef that escalades in frisco day-in and day-out, and how all races/parts of the sco can come in conflict. the movie did not glorify any violence at all nor did it exagerrate any violence. its not a gang bang flick. the only thing i didnt like about the movie was because there wasnt any representatives for the latins in the mission which is about 30% of frisco.