Strikeforce: Ronda vs Kaufman *today*

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Main Card
Showtime

Women's 135 lbs Title: Ronda Rousey (c) vs Sarah Kaufman
Middlweight Bout: Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza vs. Derek Brunson
Welterweight Bout: Tarec "Sponge" Saffiedine vs. Roger Bowling
Welterweight Bout: Lumumba Sayers vs. Anthony Smith
Middleweight Bout: Ovince St. Preux vs. T.J. Cook
Prelims
Showtime Extreme

Julie Kedzie vs. Miesha Tate
Bobby Green vs. Matt Ricehouse
Adlan Amagov vs. Keith Berry
Hiroko Yamanaka vs. Germaine de Randamie

WAR SPONGE

May 25, 2009
card is kinda shitty wish kj noons was on it being a sd thing but hope rousey wins so we can see her vs the beast!!

[video=youtube;PiUwzqfB1gU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PiUwzqfB1gU[/video]

Oct 27, 2008
[video=youtube;rOM8zflZ0Jw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOM8zflZ0Jw[/video]

no words could express how happy i was when i watched this.

btw, a roidless cyborg @ 135 gets judo tossed 15 feet in the air & armbarred just like her husband was (against nick). rousey's on a roll, GOT EM.

Oct 27, 2008
i know i've said negative things about womens mma in the past, but i have to admit i was thoroughly entertained when watching that headkick & then the following armbar. (meant to quote 007cyborg, accidentally didnt)

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
card is kinda shitty wish kj noons was on it being a sd thing but hope rousey wins so we can see her vs the beast!!

[video=youtube;PiUwzqfB1gU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PiUwzqfB1gU[/video]
Huh this card was bomb! Got Em!!

I think Ronda is tough enough to endure a roidless Cyborg's flurry and close the distance for a takedown. Cyborg won't be able to stop the takedown and after that the armbar is inevitable.
Naw Rousey hasnt felt any punches like the ones she will receive from Cyborg. She will get ko'd trust me! Got Em!!

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
Sounds like the fight isn't going to happen. Cyborg says she can't make 135 and says she can only fight Ronda at 145. Up to Ronda if she wants to move up in weight.
Ronda just got an excuse not to fight Cyborg. Ronda can talk but she knows she doesnt want no parts of Cyborg! Lets see if she goes up. Cyborg has been having trouble making 135 so that isnt an excuse but Im sure Ronda can go up with no prob. Got Em!!

Dec 30, 2003
Ronda just got an excuse not to fight Cyborg. Ronda can talk but she knows she doesnt want no parts of Cyborg! Lets see if she goes up. Cyborg has been having trouble making 135 so that isnt an excuse but Im sure Ronda can go up with no prob. Got Em!!
champ dont move weight, u move to face the champ..

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
Like I said what an excuse! Also isnt Cyborg a champ? How many matches has she won in a row? Got Em!!

Dec 19, 2006
From Tatame

http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/2012/0822/550105/cristiane-cyborg-santos/

Cris Cyborg Was Asked To Leave Her Seat Prior To Ronda Rousey-Sarah Kaufman Bout

Former Strikeforce women's champion Cris "Cyborg" Justino received interesting news while she was in attendance at the recently-completed Strikeforce: Rousey vs. Kaufman event. It turns out, due to her suspension by the California Athletic Commission, Justino was not allowed to be at the show.

"My managed talked to the guys at the commission and there's really a law that says that (a fighter suspended can't be at the show)," Justino told Tatame.com recently. "I was upset for the way they treated me. They could've pulled me on a corner and told me, not in front of the fans. I was taking pictures and they interrupted me, saying I had to go. It was very disrespectful."

Justino, who was suspended last December for a failed post-fight drug test, was removed right before the Ronda Rousey-Sarah Kaufman title fight. She remained in the arena to watch the show on a television monitor.

"I thought she did a great job fighting," Justino said of Rousey's performance. "She's a great athlete on her division. This is my last interview on which I'm talking about her. I'm making (it) clear to the fans who want to see this fight that if it's up to me and her it will never happen because I'm not dropping to her weight class and she can't gain (a) few pounds to fight me."

Justino will be able to seek her fight license again this December. She has already mentioned leaving Zuffa and possibly fighting for Invicta FC in the near future.

A poster on the MMA forum The Underground, Evan Shoman, made a post that seems to differ from what Justino had to say in regards to the issue. Below is what he says happened:

"She was comped tickets in the stands but not on the floor. She was given floor seat (ticket) by (a member of The Underground) at the time who had extra," Shoman wrote. "While taking pics with fans a ZUFFA employee asked her to go to her original seats because where she was sitting was within a certain amount away from the cage that she was prohibited from being in. She was NOT removed by CSAC. She was removed by ZUFFA. This was ZUFFA covering their (expletive) like they should have done."