STREETLOW MAGAZINE BOYCOT.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

reo

Banned
Feb 12, 2006
I CAN UNDERSTAND Y U WOULD WANNA BOYCOTT BUT WAS CURIOUS WHERE U FOUND OUT THE "THE NO PAY OUT" FOR LOCAL ARTISTS INFO? I DONT KNO HOW THEY DO THINGZ BUT I KNO FRUM A BIZNESS STAND POINT THAT WHEN IT COMES TO PAYING FOR A PERFORMER U TARGET ONES THAT ARE GOING TO GENERATE MORE PATRONS FOR YOUR EVENT,LIKE I SIAD, I DONT KNO THERE PG, BUT MAYBEE THERE PAST "PAID PERFOMERS" WERE CHOSEN BCUZ THEY HAD A PLUG ,OR OTHER BIZNES GOING ON.. I KNO GILBERT (ONE OF THE OWNERS) AND HIS FAMILY,AND THEY ALWAYS BEEN SOLID WIT ME. BUT I FEEL U FOR WANTING TO SUPPORT YER LOCAL

HAVE YOU LOOKED INTO THE CROWD AT A STREETLOW EVENT..?? EXTREMELY HIGH PERCENTAGE IS NORTHERN MEXICANOS.. BUT IN REALITY ITS A SMALL FACTOR TO THE BOYCOTT.. THEY HAVE DETOURED WAY TO FAR FROM CHICANO CULTURA.. THE PEOPLE THAT PUT THEM IN THERE PLACE ARE BEING PUSHED BEHIND.. OPEN YOUR EYES TO REALITY.. THIS IS WHAT THE PEOPLE WANT.. AND THERE BEING WAY OVER CHARGED ONLY TO FIND THAT THEY DONT GET IT..

Mar 14, 2008
Theres only an handful of promoters still doin lowrider shows so i dont know g if everyones willing to say fuck streetlow and get rid of one of the last remaining car shows that tours. I here u about the second class treatment but its a car show. Concerts are only a fraction of what they do.

Mar 14, 2008
I still dont get it apparently.
Their a CAR SHOW/COVERAGE GROUP. Lowriders have been a part of chicano culture way before rap was an invented. so they cater to their car audience first. They as a mag have to evolve to stay relevant. And not only chicanos drive/build lowriders so what did you expect them to do?
how is it exactly they push Chicanos around?

what did you expect them to do?
STICK TO THERE ROOTZ..

YOUR RIGHT LOWRIDING HAS BEEN AROUND LONG BEFORE RAP.. AN GUESS WHO STARTED IT..?? CHICANOS.. ITS REALLY NOT HARD TO UNDERSTAND.. WE ASK THAT THEY STOP DETOURING AWAY FROM THERE FOUNDATION.. AND QUIT ACTING LIKE WORKING WITH US IS A FAVOR FOR US.. ITS UNDERSTANDABLE THAT THEY MIX IN SOME OF DIFFERENT CULTURES.. BUT DO THEY TURN TO E40 AND TOO SHORT AND SAY HEY WERE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH THE KIND OF PEOPLE YOU BRING IN SO YOU CANT PERFORM.. NO THEY SAY IT TO US.. WHEN GUESS WHAT..?? WE ARE A MIRROR IMAGE OF THOSE WHO ARE BEING OVER CHARGED TO GET IN.. AN IN THE SAME HAND OUR PEOPLE ARE THERE TO SEE THEM TOO.. THEY ACT LIKE E40 AN TOO SHORT FANS AREN'T GONNA BREAK INTO FIGHTS.. THERE ONLY GONNA BREAK INTO A FIGHT IF WERE ON STAGE.. THATS CRAP.. THERE MUSIC FANS CONSIST (SP) OF GANGSTERS AN THUGS TOO.. THERE BEING HIPOCRITICAL (SP).. OUR ARTIST ARE TIRD OF BEING STUCK WITH THE STEREOTYPE THAT OUR FANS KILL FUNCTIONS.. ITS EVERYONE.. IF YOU DONT WANT GANGSTERS AT THE FUNCTION THEN HAVE CARRIE UNDERWOOD PERFORM..

Jul 6, 2009
bottom line is this. streetlow magazine was created because individuals were upset on how certain lowrider magazines were forgettin about their ROOTS! these individuals created streetlow mag to represent what was being forgotten. and now streetlow is goin down the same exact road.

and about performances. they do a show in texas they book texas artists and artists that will bring out a crowd in that area. they do a show down in so cal they book artists who will bring out a crowd in that area. but when they do shows in northern cali they book artists that in reality 90% of the people attending dont give a fuck about seein perform. they even charge certain artists to get up and perform.. did yall know that? last i heard they chargin some of these guys 500 to 1,000 to perform at a show.. but payin thousands to other artists like mc magic and mellow man ace who in reality the crowds up here can give a fuck about. the people who attend streetlow shows in northern cali wanna see big tone and davina.. they wanna see lil coner and tito b.. they wanna see me and big rhino.. if you do a show in san jo then book some local san jose homiez to perform.. get c locs up there. get Nsanity up there.. they do a show in antioch get tone n sav it out up there.. they do a show in salinas get the salineros and strong arm management up there. do a show in frisco get real frisco n west bay homies like deepsleep up there feel me.. again i can care less about performin at these shows cuz ive been hated on since way back but i wanna push to see other homies get up there and do their thing to the crowd.. a crowd that really wants to see them do their thing

Mar 14, 2008
I know streetlow used to be more of a culture mag as was lowrider but business dynamics change.

And from a business perspective sticking to your roots in this case means death.
especially being a magazine, thats shits a dying medium and to top it off you want to only use certain kind of artists?

how would be the Norteno equivalent of e-40 or too short?
they bring fans who normally wouldn't be at a streetlow show. In turn selling more tickets.

Lowriders cover to broad of a spectrum of cultures and races that the concert only cover 1 kind of sound.
At the end of the day their a business and have mouths to feed like the rest of us so dont be surprised when money talks.

Jul 6, 2009
well some of us believe in keepin it true to the heart rather than sellin out for the buck..

and i understand ur argument. if i was told i could make money and blow up if i did music like baby bash and forget about my people i would say forget it.. thats just how i am. i wont hate on the next for doin it but i just wont respect em. so take it how ya want feel me. and none of us is sayin only nortenos should be allowed to perform up in northern cali. bring out e40 or the jacka.. but book some northern chicano artists az well.. its simple.

Mar 14, 2008
viewpoint taken. Looks like were gonna have to agree to disagree here.
I understand the for the love of the game argument but as far as money making enterprises are concerned the two really have no place with each other. once you cross them you walk the fine line of supporting or exploiting ur movement.
some people might even view the Norte rap scene as culture vultures. profiting off something sacred.
take it easy rhino its just a discussion. ur gonna fuck up your caps lock button.

reo

Banned
Feb 12, 2006
I SEE YER POINT ABOUT ABOUT STAYIN TRU TO YER "ROOTZ",BUT TA BOYCOTT AND KNOK THA HUSTLE OF THE WAY ANOTHER MAN FEEDZ HIZ FAMILY BECAUSE YER NOT FEELIN THERE WAY OF RUNNING THERE BUISNESS.....WERE IN A RECCESION G.!!!

Nov 1, 2005
I still dont get it apparently.
Their a CAR SHOW/COVERAGE GROUP. Lowriders have been a part of chicano culture way before rap was an invented. so they cater to their car audience first. They as a mag have to evolve to stay relevant. And not only chicanos drive/build lowriders so what did you expect them to do?
how is it exactly they push Chicanos around?
they dont give a fuck about no boycott from northern chicano rappers..all they gotta do is put some big name rap artist like CUBE/SNOOP on the performing list and they gonna see their ticket sales go right back up.

think about it,lowrider mag. hasnt done a show in L.A. for years and they still found a way to make $ from the lowriding community.

look at the vid. below.u think any gang affiliated rappers gonna compare to that?