Stevie Stone no longer with Ruthless

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 14, 2002
I'm sure he's a cool guy... I guess. I'm not judging the guys character and I'm certainly not judging his music by his race.

It's just that the content has been absolutely exhausted by eminem, and to be honest when I listen to Automatic there are times when I'm pretty sure I recognize (or... ReCognitoize) verses that were ripped from Em. It's like he sits down and either steals subject matter, or the rhythm of a verse and spits it over different (and somewhat similar) beats.

I don't hate the guy. I don't think he's horrible. I just already have my fill of his shit from other sources.

Sep 25, 2006
www.jsmitty.com
I like Cog because you can tell that he really put his time into making Automatic. Yes, there are instances where I clearly hear an Eminem influence, but Cognito is still real lyrical in his own right. I think it's a solid album. As far as being well-rounded, Automatic kicks New Kid Comin's ass up and down the block. Stone has a good flow and I like his voice, but every track on that album sounds the same to me except maybe one or two. Would love to hear a solid Stone release on Strange for sure. The beats would be better and it would be more rounded with different styles/content in the songs...overall, it would be a badass clean LP from Stone that contained more than 1 or 2 standout tracks.

Dec 3, 2004
www.ap9online.com
I have said it before and I will say it again. There are so many rappers that sound a like, rap about the same shit as the next guy AND take verses and styles from the next guy. Cognito just gets compared to Eminem so much because there are VERY FEW white rappers out there so if two sound somewhat a like they will get compared. AND since Eminem blew up before Cog REALLY was noticed on a bigger scale HE will get the credit for what he talks about and HOW he talks about it. If the people on here think Cognitos music is the ONLY music you can say SOUNDS LIKE ANOTHER RAPPER YOU LYING YOUR BITCH ASS OFF! You can listen to T.I. and hear 6 rappers that have the same flow.
Thats ALSO the reason why Nicki Minaj gets compared to EVERY female rapper that has ever lived! Because FEMALE ARTISTS ARE RARE so she stands out. C'mon siccness, you guys study music so much you should already know this type of shit. West coast artists can sound similar, down south artists the same and east coast artists can also sound similar. Thats the game. Once yall learn to listen to each artist for who they are and not to compare them to other artists you might enjoy the music a lot more.
On a side note I have known Cog for YEARS, if you happen to find some Cognito from the mid 90's before Eminem hit the industry you will SEE his style has always been the same and he has always came hard! Do your research.

Oct 27, 2008
okay.. seriously?? anyone who signed to ruthless after the year 2001 is a fucking retard, & probably has nothing to offer musically as a result. i heard some of hopsin's shit. okay, he's pretty good on the mic. but that makes me question how he could be so stupid even more..

Apr 8, 2006
www.vinylacedecals.com
okay.. seriously?? anyone who signed to ruthless after the year 2001 is a fucking retard, & probably has nothing to offer musically as a result. i heard some of hopsin's shit. okay, he's pretty good on the mic. but that makes me question how he could be so stupid even more..
History has shown that talent as a artist doesn't exactly coincide with good business decisions.

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
I have said it before and I will say it again. There are so many rappers that sound a like, rap about the same shit as the next guy AND take verses and styles from the next guy. Cognito just gets compared to Eminem so much because there are VERY FEW white rappers out there so if two sound somewhat a like they will get compared. AND since Eminem blew up before Cog REALLY was noticed on a bigger scale HE will get the credit for what he talks about and HOW he talks about it. If the people on here think Cognitos music is the ONLY music you can say SOUNDS LIKE ANOTHER RAPPER YOU LYING YOUR BITCH ASS OFF! You can listen to T.I. and hear 6 rappers that have the same flow.
Thats ALSO the reason why Nicki Minaj gets compared to EVERY female rapper that has ever lived! Because FEMALE ARTISTS ARE RARE so she stands out. C'mon siccness, you guys study music so much you should already know this type of shit. West coast artists can sound similar, down south artists the same and east coast artists can also sound similar. Thats the game. Once yall learn to listen to each artist for who they are and not to compare them to other artists you might enjoy the music a lot more.
On a side note I have known Cog for YEARS, if you happen to find some Cognito from the mid 90's before Eminem hit the industry you will SEE his style has always been the same and he has always came hard! Do your research.

I can name as least 20 white emcee's that I listen to regularly... so I don't buy that. I do agree that people often compare white emcee's to Eminem though, because he's one of the most popular rappers out. Getting away from what race an rapper is and focusing on what they say, would be what fans should look to do, but that's not going to happen anytime soon.

I don't think Cognito rips off Eminem. He might of been an influence, but it's hard for him not to be, no matter what color you are.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
Ant, that's the "file modification" date/time on that image Codeine posted up. I'm guessing he was pointing out they still had Stevie up or something. It's not as if it's a relatively new image though, from a year ago, so their site doesn't seem like a priority and it should be surprising they don't still have Bone Thugs up.

Oct 14, 2009
oh well it is a good thing they released stevie cause well any new material he was going to do under ruthless tomeka wright would have just held it back for years and when it was released no one would buy it cause it would have leaked anyway.