Start Kevin Smith or Jonathan Stewart?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 9, 2002
WELL SHOULD I START J STEW OR D WILLIAMS CAUSE I HAVE BOTH? IM ALSO STARTING RICKY WILLIAMS CAUSE HE'S STILL A BEAST. OR SHOULD I BENCH STEW AND D WILLIAMS AND START RAY RICE AND RICKY WILLIAMS?

May 9, 2002
YPC means he's a better RB... I'm not gonna disagree with you here... but Smith has more total yards, which matters more IMO, Kevin Smith gets more total carries which means he gains more overall yards
Wait...what? So youre gonna sit here and tell me that RB X is better than RB Y becuase of total yards? You cant be serious. If RB X and RB Y both have 5000 yards, but RB X gets 3 YPC and RB Y gets 5 YPC...which one is better?

I know he does have twice as many TD's... 6 to 3... but again you have to look at the teams they're playing...
You also have to look at the Oline, plays called...etc. AZ had the 4th best rushing D in the league, and Forsett ripped em for 123 yards.

I can see why someone would take J Stew because he's a better overall back... but it's not a clear cut choice at all IMO... I can completely understand why poltergist is asking for opinions on it
J-Stew has done AS MUCH or MORE as Smith as a BACKUP in his career (both were rookies last year). His YPC is higher and he has more TD's...as a BACKUP.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Wait...what? So youre gonna sit here and tell me that RB X is better than RB Y becuase of total yards? You cant be serious. If RB X and RB Y both have 5000 yards, but RB X gets 3 YPC and RB Y gets 5 YPC...which one is better?
when did I EVER say total yards makes him a better running back... I clearly stated Stewart has more YPC, which makes HIM a better RB... maybe it wasn't clear enough though... go back and re-read my post

You also have to look at the Oline, plays called...etc. AZ had the 4th best rushing D in the league, and Forsett ripped em for 123 yards
I guess you also have to look at the O-line, plays called, etc... I'm not looking that deep into it though... I'm just saying in Cleveland is more likely to give up a lot of yards on the ground than Miami if you look at the stats

7th ranked rushing D is MUCH better than the 30th ranked rushing D

J-Stew has done AS MUCH or MORE as Smith as a BACKUP in his career (both were rookies last year). His YPC is higher and he has more TD's...as a BACKUP.
All this is true... and I'm not denying one bit that he's a better RB and has more TD's as a backup... I would take J-Stew as my team's RB ALL DAY over Kevin Smith... but this argument is not about who's a better RB... it's about who will have a better game THIS SUNDAY

looking at the circumstances there is a chance that Smith will have a better day? again... he's getting more carries than Stewart.... which means there is a possibility to earn more yards... of course Stewart will likely have more YPC than Smith... but TOTAL YARDS matters more than yards per carry in this situation

I think you're misinterpreting the point I'm trying to make... you're arguing with me that Stewart is a better RB when I'm agreeing with you 110% that he's a better back... I'm just saying it's not crazy to consider starting Kevin Smith over him this week

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
Stewart is a way better RB than Smith! Put Stewart on the Lions and he will shit on Smith!! Smith is a decent RB but Stewart could be a franchise back. He just has a franchise back in front of him! Whoever thinks Smith is better than Stewart is trippin! Got Em!!

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
None of that shit even matters....

All that matters is who is gonna get the most points this week.

It does matter if its brought up in a discussion. I bet if Detroit could trade Smith for Stewart they would jump on that in a second! Got Em!!

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
It does matter if its brought up in a discussion. I bet if Detroit could trade Smith for Stewart they would jump on that in a second! Got Em!!
you're missing the point

the question wasn't who is a better RB, it's who should he start on his fantasy squad

Feb 1, 2006
I've got the same decision and I'm starting Smith based on the match-ups. Cleveland has been horrible as we all know. And Stewart is inconsistent because he doesn't get many touches and sometimes the Carolina offense is horrible and he does nothing, but he occasionally goes off for a big game. Smith will always get 40-100 total yards because he gets 20-30 touches a game. A TD or 2 is a bonus.

The way I look at it, K. Smith is a more conservative play but Stewart will be the boom or bust play.

Aug 9, 2002
Glad I didn't listen to siccness. As of now...........
Ricky Williams> Johnathan Stewart and Deangelo Williams.

Already know ma 2nd rb Ray Rice gon ge his points since he leads the team in yards and receptions!

May 24, 2006
www.fucku.com
Doubtful. Colts offense will put up pts and wit the way Baltimore played on Monday vs the BROWNS they will prolly abandon the run n pass more.

Who knows though brownie Mack. Hope u win, but I woulda started both Williams if I were u.