SOUTHWEST WHOLSALE FILING BANKRUPTCY, WCM STARTIN ITS ON DISTRIBUTION COMPANY !

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

TPO-WCM-RECORDS

West Coast Mafia Records
May 12, 2002
www.westcoast-mafia.com

YEP, SOUTHWEST IZ OUT OF BUSSINESS AFTR 30+ YEARS.. WE ARE NOW SOLELY SOLO, HANDLING OR ON DISTRIBUTION NOW, WE ARE PROBABLY GONNA HAV TO PUSH BAC ALL NEW RELEASES TO GIV US TIME TO CHANGE THE BAR CODES ON STUFF WE ALREADY PRESSED. EVERY THANG STILL EVERYTHANG, NEW DISRIBUTION COMP NAME IS "W.C.M. WHOLESALE DISTRIBUTORS INC." IT DONT STOP, KEEP YO EYE ON US......
AND FOR THE RECORD, SW WHOLESALE WAS VERY GOOD TO US, THERE OWNER HAD JUS HAD HEART SURGERY, AND WITH THE WAY THE MUSIC BUSS. IZ RIGHT NOW HE , HE WASNT MAKIN ANY MONEY, HE LAID OFF OVA 500 EMPLOYEES... HE MADE 24 MILLION IN BILLING LAST YEAR AND WAS STILL RUNNIN IN THE RED. ALOT OF INDEPENDANT LABELS WILL NOT HAV A CHANCE TO BE HEARD CUZZ THERE IZ NOT ANY MORE DISTRIBTORS OUT THERE LIKE THEY WERE.

Jun 29, 2002
www.sicflow.com
You got to be kiddin me! After Wherehouse filing chapter 11 I lost all kinds of sales, Now this. Shit I go thru Southwest for distribution and they haven't told me shit. Do they plan on paying the artists' or they fuckin everyone out their money? Let me know more about your distribution ideas.

They are makin it hard for Independent artists to come up.

og MS

Member since 1997
Apr 25, 2002
www.killavalley.com
T-Po is right... itz a cold game...

That's why you gotta have a plan B... and not keep all your eggs in one basket.

the game is in complete disarray.

hopefully it can bounce back.. I was hearin rumours of Southwest shuttin down last year... but i guess it was only a matter of time. Plus they did a few big money deals and I don't think they panned out as they had anticipated.

That's why we're gonna open our Mom and pops store... it's much need in time like these...

AFTER THE BIG CREDITORS GET THERE MONEY FIRST, ,,,,,

yup us little folks wont see shit... all the people that are owed the big bucks get taken care of first... it makes ya feel sick to walk into your local wherehouse knowin they sold your shit and knowin you aint gonna see a dime for it... but you gotta deal with it...

Jun 29, 2002
www.sicflow.com
Shit I feel like puttin a gun to my head after hearin all this shit wit Wherehouse and now Southwest. I'm goin to talk to my boy Derrick Diggz tommorrow at Southwest and I'll give ya'll some more info on whats crackin. Back to consignment I guess. I've heard so many bad thangs about all these Disrtibutors, I just don't know what to do. I think its time to look for a manager.

Shit I bet if I show up at Southwest Wholesale wit a gun maybe I can hold up some hostages and get on the news, then maybe I'll get some exposure!hahahahahahahaha

og MS

Member since 1997
Apr 25, 2002
www.killavalley.com
I don;t think gettin a manager would matter much in terms of distribution.. becuz it's all within the game. Major labels and well know artists even lose money in these situations. You just gotta roll with the punches.

Jun 29, 2002
www.sicflow.com
No, I'm sayin get a manager and try to go to a Major and forget bein Independent.

How is Universal fuckin southwest up?
is it because they distributing and signing alot of artists Southwest use to fuck wit?

I haven't heard from D. Diggs in a while but did talk to Darryl Buchannon and didn't get any clues from him about them shuttin down shop.....I did hear from a friend at Select-O-Hits awhile back that SoutWest was not in good shape....glad I got my $$$.....now I hope we get our returns from Caprice back without any B.S.

D-Lux

Dec 24, 2002
RISK IS A FACTOR IN THIS BUSINESS!

shit playaz I know how it feels to loose $$$, my printers went bankrupt in Arizona taking all my initial capital, I had raised to make this info mag, happened, is fucking cold game!!!! bankruptcy is no fucking joke, research the entities you deal with b4 you conclude your contract, bcus, muthufucas can go down wit your masters!!!!!!! Be in the look Out!!!

-rickie ricardo