SOUTHERN CLASSIC ALBUMS; YOUR INPUT NEEDED...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 10, 2002
www.flagshiprecords.de
D-Locc60 said:
right now, ^this is what I need-not ready for your list just yet-
this is a PROCESS fellaz

thanks

i like the idea of looking at the impact certain albums had on the whole southern rap game. like how the production and rap style influenced other artists. this is what makes a classic album to me. pioneering some new shit and having hella mothafuckas biting your style afterwards.

i don't think it should be divided by states cause then what's the point of calling it "southern classics"?

another criteria could be whether or not an album had impact in other regions and drew attention to the south...

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
- Impact
- attention
- sales
- can u listen to the whole album with out skipping a song?
- Did this album make u a life long fan or the artist(s)?
- Is this a album u would buy again for the 3rd time if neccessary?
- Is this album a collection "MUST HAVE"?
- Did this album change the way folks in that particular City/State made music?
- Did this album Represent the South?
- I u were to put someone on game with South Music, would u give them this album to do so?
so they can hear it......

some ideas..

Sep 17, 2005
1. 5 yrs is good, but 10 is better :) (i guess im just old)
2. It has to be somewhat known by or have impacted other southern regions
3. the album has to be consistently good not just 2 dope ass songs (i.e. alot of "rare" cds arent exactly classics)
4. some kind of national or regional distribution not a local release

Feb 2, 2005
I know how it should be done and the best way to do it. Start a thread where people list classic South songs, that they would want on this CD. From there compile a big list of Songs that people requested, give each song people listed one point for how many times some body posts it. From their add it up and look at where the votes start to drop off between the pool of songs. Say a bunch of Songs get nominated, make a cut off of say about the 40-50 songs that people requested most. From there post a poll with the Songs that made it, allow people say 5 song selections out of the 40 to 50 selections per person in the poll. Leave the poll open for awhile and at the end of the poll, thats when you decide how many tracks make the CD. Say 12 tracks get the majority of the vote then make it a 12 track CD, Say 14 songs get the most a large percentages of votes make it 14 or so on. If it's real close between say 14, 15, 16 songs make the cut off at the 80 min limit of a CDR. I think that would be the best way.

Aug 9, 2002
!.IT SHOULD BE A TRUE ALBUM NOT LIKE NO MIXTAPE CUZ I KNOW DOWN SOUTH ALOT FOLKS LIKE TO DROP MORE MIXTAPES THAN ACTUAL ALBUMS...

2.I THINK SUMKIND OF VOTING SHOULD BE DONE

3.THA FOLKS THAT VOTE SHOULD BE REAL SOUTHERN RAP FANS, CUZ IF WE GET A VOTE AGAINST SOMETHING CLASSIC COMING FROM SOMEONE WITH KNOWLEDGE OF ONLY WHAT THEY PLAY ON THA RADIO WOULD BE KINDA FUCKED UP...KINDA LIKE A MLB PLAYER VOTING ON WHO'S MVP FOR THA NBA....SHIT DONT MAKE SENSE, THA ONLY PROBLEM IS THEIR REALLY AINT NO WAY OF KNOWING WHOS A FAN OR NOT....

M-1

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Tommy Wright III - On The Run
Playa Fly - Fly Shit
Gangsta Blac - I Am Da Gangsta
Dirty - Da Pimp and Da Gangsta
Ruthless Juveniles - The New Beginning
LOG - Camoflauged Down
Young Jeezy - Let's Get It (hate if you want to, but this shit is a classic)
Young Jeezy - Trap or Die Mixtape (this changed the southern mixtape game)
B-Low - Ski Mask Over My Evil Grin (not a lot of y'all know about this one...but if you can find it, check it out)

Apr 26, 2002
Bacc In Texas
ALRIGHT FOLKZ

THE CRITERIA for a SOUTHERN CLASSICC ALBUM;

-MINIMUM 5 YEARS OLD

-We will look at the impact the album had on the South and in other regions

-Influence at the time it was made

-Did the album pioneer some new shit

-There will be a Voting system(details comin)

-Would be nice to compile a list by the year the album was released
(any Volunteers to do the year research?)

I WOULD START A ANOTHER THREAD FOR YOU TO POST YOUR NOMINATIONS.

ALL OF YOU THAT POSTED YOUR NOMINATIONS IN HERE, WILL HAVE TO REPOST IN THE NEW THREAD, THIS THREAD WAS FOR CRITERIA INPUT, NOT YOUR NOMINEES.