Souljah Boy (Mo Thugs) Files Law Suit

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 11, 2002

With success comes people wanting your money!

Most all celebs get sued for something or another when they get rich, and most are baseless. But Soulja Boy just got sued and he’s got a very tough case ahead of him.

The rapper with the most obnoxious song of the year is being sued for trademark infringement by a musician named…Souljah Boy!!!!!!

A rep for Souljah (with an H) tell us:

“I am writing on behalf of the law firm of Alexander, Odunze & Kang LLP to give you a heads up re: the attached complaint, which was filed in federal court this afternoon on behalf of Willie Lyons p/k/a Souljah Boy. By way of background (and as you may already know), Mr. Lyons, known in commerce as Souljah Boy for over twelve years, is suing artist Soulja Boy (birth name: DeAndre Way), his record label, attorney & manager in connection with his blatant infringement of Mr. Lyons’ trademark.”

This will probably be settled out of court.

Soulja (with no H) will have to pay up much $$$$$$!!!!!!

[Image via WENN.]

http://perezhilton.com/?paged=2

VENOM

Sicc OG
Nov 14, 2005
www.Siccness.Net
Good this is exactly what I thought when that ass hole released that Super man that Hoe bullshit. Souljah Boy from Mo Thug is a talented artist. This new guy is a disgrace and a piece of shit. OHIO STAND UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:siccness:

HIM

Sicc OG
Sep 27, 2002
Regardless..Soulja Boy is not taking food out of Souljah Boy's(mo thugs) mouth..he's just hating because his career never took off and some lil kid is making money..Souljah Boy never even dropped a solo record...he must be broke and just want some publicity...oh well..

Yang

Sicc OG
May 2, 2004
Regardless..Soulja Boy is not taking food out of Souljah Boy's(mo thugs) mouth..he's just hating because his career never took off and some lil kid is making money..Souljah Boy never even dropped a solo record...he must be broke and just want some publicity...oh well..
Nah, the point is that now Souljah Boy cannot use the name he's been using for over a decade without confusing people, because this crap kid has taken it.

Of course its all about the money but you can't blame him.

Aug 14, 2003
NEWS TO ME. FIRST TIME IVE HEARD OF MO THUGS' SOULJAH BOY. LITTLE DUDE IS ONLY WHAT 16? I REALLY DOUBT THAT HE'S HEARD OF HIM. IM NO FAN OF SOULJA BOY, BUT IM HAVING A HARD TIME BELIEVING THE REASON HE'S SUING BECAUSE OF INFRIGEMENT, NOT BECAUSE SOULJA'S HOT RIGHT NOW.