someone needs to direct a movie about Mac Dre/Romper Room Gang

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 28, 2003
me personally i think Michael Mann would be the best director...incase you dont know who he is he's the dude that made Heat, Collateral, and Ali...i think his style would fit perfect for a Mac Dre life story, from all the romper room contraversay to the present...anyone else agree?

Apr 28, 2003
bay area muthafuckas are negative as fuck...naw but you might be right though...i'm just saying though the movie would be pretty interesting besides if menace 2 society and boyz n the hood can do over 20 mill in theatres.Jackie Brown didnt do anything near those numbers and thats a Quentin Tarantino movie...why can't a movie about somene from the bay do it...im pretty sure theirs been movies about independent rock artist that we're successful...

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
it would be the biggest selling "gangsta" movie ever

it would be nomated for several oscars, including best picture

Based on a true story.

Apr 28, 2003
Defy said:
it would be the biggest selling "gangsta" movie ever

it would be nomated for several oscars, including best picture

Based on a true story.

gangsta movie? this dude stood up to the fuckin police chief on record and did time for that shit...you dont think he deserves recognition for any of that....when did you start listening to mac dre last year?

muthafuckas trying to clown and shit....every "black movie" has to be a gangster movie or what

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
you're right, I wouldn't know about the young black brotha tape because I stereotyped the media's depiction of black movies. you're so smart guy!

Apr 28, 2003
da HYPHY pinoy said:
mac dre isn't that well known for a big movie. maybe a low budget one but who outside the bay and so-cal knows mac dre?
yeah you probably right...but what about that new will smith movie "the pursuit of happyness"...thats a true story and nobody knows who the fuck that dude is...but they still made a movie about it, because his story was interesting i guess....i read an article in a magazine about mac dre and he was known as far as VA...thats basically the east coast....that doesnt matter but shit, i'm just saying the movie would be "interesting"

Apr 28, 2003
Defy said:
you're right, I wouldn't know about the young black brotha tape because I stereotyped the media's depiction of black movies. you're so smart guy!
you're an idiot...i dont have much to say to you except have a nice day and i hope your mother dies of aids lol...

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
you must've either been dropped on your head or popped three too many pills cuz somethings clearly wrong with your dumbass.

Apr 28, 2003
Defy said:
you must've either been dropped on your head or popped three too many pills cuz somethings clearly wrong with your dumbass.
lol, funny muthafucka...what song is this from "18 makin raps til im 80 though", songs a classic everybody that listens to bay area hip hop should know that song...

Jul 17, 2005
i think personally it would make a great movie... but it would need to be done right and would need some great production with the help of actual cats that lived the life... it wouldnt be good if it was made into another one of hollywood's assumptions of "how things went." also... Mac Dre wasnt really known by enough people to make success as a multi million dollar movie, so it would probably need to have some sort of general title and keep Mac Dre in the credits or something... i dont think it would grab enough attention throughout the world if it was title Life and Times Of Mac Dre... or etc etc...

Aug 7, 2006
Defy said:

why are you even in this thread you dumbfuck? ohhhjhhhh yea im so clever with my sarcastic remarks against the thizz kids in this thizz thread get a life you sucka