SO WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH ALL THE "STREET" CD'S INSTEAD OF OFFICIAL ALBUMS??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 4, 2003
kve!!!!
JUS HITTIN YOU UP TO ASK:
WHAT THE FUC IZ UP WITH ALL THE "STREET" CD'S YA'LL ARE RELEASIN (LIKE TRIFELIN'S BLOCC ADVISORY, AND THAT UPCOMIN MYTH STREET CD)? HOW COME THE REAL ALBUM'S AREN'T DROPPIN? I KNOW YA'LL ARE GONNA SAY "THOSE ARE REAL ALBUMS", BUT YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN--THE OFFICIAL SOLO DEBUTS, NOT THAT OLD RECYCLED SHIT! IS IT A PROMO THING???
CUZ YA'LL ARE ALL "CLEVER AS HELL" AND ALL THAT...
OH YEAH WHAT'S UP WITH THAT NIGGA KAOZ?
DID HE DROP OFF THE PLANET OR WHAT?
Y

Jan 4, 2003
www.bayundaground.com
I also aint happy cuz of the street shit, but this seems to be just a promo shit to make it real big when the real solo shit comes out. First to preset the artist, and then, when plp will be recognizing him and feelin him, the REAL album will drop.

og MS

Member since 1997
Apr 25, 2002
www.killavalley.com
yup itz a LESS EXPENSIVE way to establish our lesser known artists, without gambling on pressing 1000 cds only to sit on 800 because folks aren't up on these particular newcomers. It's guerilla marketing 101... even cheaper than pressing up posters... people want to hear the music and this way they can do just that. Clever Indeed.

Dec 5, 2002
That's clever indeed....If you want some exposure for Hydro, Trifelen, Myth or any other Rappers on your Label, make sure to submit a song for our second Mixtape....

The first one will be out in a minute...

Holla at me on AIM if u re interested, Gambeno or Robb

my AIM Name is "John of 5150"

Apr 25, 2002
www.KillaValley.com
its funny the net is one world and the streets in a completely different....but we can press up a couple hunder street cds for the same price as a shipment of flyers, whut do you think they consumer would rather have?...a flyer or a cd fulla music?.....for $4-$6?......as a consumer i would rather peep the artist by listneing to his music, then look at his face on a flyer....but thats just me......another its a better promtional tool in this dog eat dog business, helps help the "lesser" know artist, see since 1999 cd prices to press full cds have gone up from whut we used to pay .70 cents a cd to now .99-1.20 a cd......so times a 1000 its a bit of a difference.....buts its Called "Business".....we business minded, if we know we wont make a profit then it aint gonna happen, we made good money off every cd we put besides 1 of em, so 15 albums and 1 bad one, that wasnt even bad, but for sum reason didnt do to good.....

D

Deadly Game

I agree...its better ta save your money and get them exposed before callin them a star and expectin people to go off of word of mouth and purchase music from someone they never heard.....them days are over.....at one time labels only did get artists that were worth puttin money into....so it wasnt as big a risk cuz they knew they would sell....but these days you gotta test em out ta make sure.....

Apr 25, 2002
www.KillaValley.com
"at one time labels only did get artists that were worth puttin money into....so it wasnt as big a risk cuz they knew they would sell"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IT IS ALWAYS, I SAY ALWAYS A BIG RISK, are you saying "back then" no one ever lost money on a artist?....lol.....once agin, business = knowing your math, knowing your product, and knowing your market, and business has no promise note....any can and any thing will happen......and yes droops first album was a loss of thoundsands for the first 2 yrs, then we finally got out of the "RED".........so in retro, wrong my friend, i hope your not in the business, need ta learn a lil bit first