so...triton or mpc???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 27, 2002
Paying extra ($1000+), just to get rid of those two functions, no one with half of a brain would do.

Wasting your money to have easier access to sounds that you already have....have fun.

Apr 25, 2002
According to musiciansfriend.com a Korg Triton Studio 61 is $2699, a 76 key is $2999. 88 key $3399.

Also, nobody pays $1000 to eliminate the use of octave keys and editing key-ranges in their patches... The cost of 88 key boards is significantly more (although much less than $1000+ as you suggested) because the cost of weighted keys is significantly more.

I wonder how many of these very opinionated people even know how to play in the first place... And how many of those can even play two-handed... Then again, who cares?

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
and the fantom s 61 key is 900 bucks less than the 88 key. Motif es6 is around 700 less than the es8. while it isnt exactly 1000 it is over the 500 mark. At the end of the day the cat is NOT a piano player and can do MORE/get MORE bang for his buck if he opted to buy a 61 key. $700 to spend on a moss expansion and other expansion cards. As I have stated before if a person is doing hip hop/rap in the studio the 61 key with expansions would be the best bet. Only a FOOL or someone who wasnt doing studio work would go with a stock 88 key. If he has enough cash to get an 88 key AND blow its brains do it.

What I have a problem with is YOUR statement about not getting a 61 key because its for people who can't play. Thats an OPINION (yours) with little to validate it. It was BAD advice as some boards don't have 88 key versions (especially synthesizers). That statement is a slap in the face to EVERYONE who has OWNED/GIGGED/MADE MONEY with a 61 key workstation.

I know how to play with two hands. I know how to read notation/classical. My brother knows how to play with two hands and read notation/classical. We both have 61 key workstations (i have 2). He has been playing for over 15 years now. Not one person responding has the ability to see the logic in your advice. How is playing with two hands relevent to this convo? YOU just said you know people who have gold and platinum records yet they can't play with two hand's. Hey guess what? At the end of the day the listener doesn't care if you played it with your hand, feet, elbows or your dick. If it slaps it slaps if it doesnt it doesnt. I understand the bass and treble cleff, how the shit works, where the fuck you pan it (recording/micing piano) and all that other shit. At the end of the day it's NOTHING I can do on 88 key (in reference to studio use) that I CANT do on a 61. Thats a FACT not OPINION. Give me the name of 5 rap/ hip hop songs that REQUIRED 88 keys. No one is playing mozart or bach. What is a persons excuse if they have 88 keys and make WEAK shit??????????

So yeah I'm very opinionated I have a right to be. I havent been on a platinum record nor do I have one YET but I have made tight shit that people LIKE and have PAID for. I did it on 61 key workstations. An mpc has ZERO keys and the pads are NOT weighted. Is it for people who can't play?

What exactly are YOU doing (or have done in the past) with 88 keys that CAN'T be done with 61? If possible direct us to the music.

Thankyou,

hgk

ps I like how wycleff (who can actually play) is able to make/play tight shit on his roland xp (which he uses as a main board according to his interviw in keyboard magazine)

Apr 25, 2002
HERESY said:
What I have a problem with is YOUR statement about not getting a 61 key because its for people who can't play. Thats an OPINION (yours) with little to validate it. It was BAD advice as some boards don't have 88 key versions (especially synthesizers). That statement is a slap in the face to EVERYONE who has OWNED/GIGGED/MADE MONEY with a 61 key workstation.
I didn't realize my opinion would spark a parade for 61 key synths. At any rate, no it isn't bad advice because it was NEVER advice to begin with! The ONLY advice I gave this cat was in the answer to his question.. Triton or MPC? I said Triton. I also don't know why you keep going back to this 88 key thing. I never said ANYTHING about 88 keys. I only said 61 keys is "too limiting" (for ME). I don't need to validate my opinions to anyone because opinions arn't decided to be right or wrong. They are merely what someone thinks and thats that.

Rick Rock, Wyclef or whoever else... All that stuff doesn't mean shit and you know it. Their personal preferences have ZERO relevance. Because as you said, it's all a matter of OPINION so theres nothing to debate.

It's silly to me how offended cats get over things that simply don't matter. That energy is better spent in a studio, working on something that does. Especially when nearly every point you're trying to make or defend isn't anything I've even objected to.

Anyways... You can keep going on and on with this but that's just beating a dead horse.

May 27, 2002
Sick Wid It said:
I wonder how many of these very opinionated people even know how to play in the first place... And how many of those can even play two-handed... Then again, who cares?
Thats implying that Heresy, or myself, or both of us dont know how to play the synth/piano. I can't speak for heresy, but I can assure you that ive been playing both for 5 years now.

Either way, you said all this time can go towards making music, bangin out songs in the studio....so I'll re-state Heresys question...What exactly are YOU doing (or have done in the past) with 88 keys that CAN'T be done with 61? If possible direct us to the music.

Status
Not open for further replies.