so that punk hit 600

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
yeah because the media are nice, gentle, understanding, friendly, honest people. i see your point. its not like the media will say anything to get a story or beat someone down who doesnt lick their boots. i cant believe i didnt realize this before your post. thanks bro.
are you still talking? Everything you say is invalid. Carry on.

Apr 25, 2002
again, what are you talking about...giants games were on tv as much as any other team, the only time someone is highlighted is when they are chasing a record or doing something out of the ordinary...when he was coming close an passing ruth and aaron they were cuttting in to other games to show it...other then historical events what was bonds doin that should have been getting so much coverage...him not playing defense...him not running out grounders...and if he was doin something worthy of coverage maybe he shouldnt have burnt every bridge between him, the mlb, and the media...cause he's such a great guy...
I'll just leave it as this: we have a fundamental misunderstanding, because the Giants are/were NOT on TV as much as any other team, and if you watch someone play 9 innings of baseball for 15 years or so, you see more than what you see or hear on 30 second SportsCenter flicks and record chasing at bats. Yes they were covering Bonds when he was close to covering Ruth and Aaron, that amount of time in his career is miniscule in relation to his entire body of work.

Nobody said he didn't have an attitude or had issues with running out balls in his career. I simply said this:

As bad as people think Bonds is, no one ever really watched him play and will acknowledge he spent his home games as a Giant in two of the toughest parks to hit at in Baseball.
His statistics speak for themselves. And in addition to that, its going to be a VERY long time until someone hits 40+ out of ATT/SBC.