So i bought the first slipknot CD !!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 25, 2006
Decided to treat my ears to something new and picked up their cd and i got say im happy i made the decision ! one of the first things i notice is that they seem to have some hip hop and junlge influence !! which im huge fans of ! next thing i wanna ask are there other albums like this cause it would be something i would add to my collection

Mar 25, 2006
Ive been a korn fan since middle school i really don't like linkin park, but the chick at the register said i should check 2 bands called mastadon and priestess if i wanted to try to listen to something new.....

Mar 25, 2006
cause i mean ive always been fans of acts of like Black sabbath, Rage against the machine, Korn,Metalica but lately hip hop hasnt done anything for me music wise so i started to look into different acts

Mar 25, 2006
koo koo ! and to be honest i dont mind if its its like more of a death metal sound or terrocore....they only thing is that im not really into emo or scene music....

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
cause i mean ive always been fans of acts of like Black sabbath
You need to check out some stoner and sludge metal bands then!

Check out...

Eyehategod
Electric Wizard
Giant
Kylesa
Baroness
Acid Bath
Rwake
Sleep

It's more or less Sabbath type guitar riffs but slow and loud as fuck. Great stuff and I'm forgetting a shitload of good bands but those are good ones to start with.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
I THINK THAT SOMEONE'S TRYING TO KILL ME

lol I won't listen to Mastodon for a couple months and then I'll see or hear their name mentioned somewhere and listen to them for a week nonstop.

I don't really like old Slipknot, too nu metally for me. But their last album was pretty good, will be interesting to see how their new one sounds. I think it comes out later this month.

Rusto

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2002
i consider them a "gateway" band meaning that a year or so from now you should have some decent taste in music. QUOTE]

thats true, i never thought of it like that. Whenever i get into a new genre, i start out with the most basic and well known band, and slowly i start discovering the better and more underground bands.