Smackdown moving to Cable?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 30, 2008
hatemachine.us
The Los Angeles Times is reporting that Friday Night SmackDown will be moving to Syfy, an affiliate of WWE's longtime cable partner, USA Network. WWE is likely to make an official announcement later this week.

It has not yet been disclosed when the move will occur or if SmackDown will remain on Friday nights.

Syfy will reportedly pay $30 million to air SmackDown, up 50% from the $20 million WWE has been getting from MyNetworkTV.

Smackdown has been on network television since its inception nearly eleven years ago.

Jun 9, 2007
Nice, maybe SyFy will finally have a higher rated show than Ghost Hunters.

I still wont watch it tho, unless the content improves drastically.

May 24, 2002
The Los Angeles Times is reporting that Friday Night SmackDown will be moving to Syfy, an affiliate of WWE's longtime cable partner, USA Network. WWE is likely to make an official announcement later this week.

It has not yet been disclosed when the move will occur or if SmackDown will remain on Friday nights.

Syfy will reportedly pay $30 million to air SmackDown, up 50% from the $20 million WWE has been getting from MyNetworkTV.

Smackdown has been on network television since its inception nearly eleven years ago.
I hope that increase in money goes to a good cause... maybe buying up some new talent

Apr 30, 2008
hatemachine.us
It slips my mind most of the time cause I'm normally doin shit on Fridays. Moving it back to Thursday and broadcasting live would probably add a full point to the rating. It's more kid/family friendly and kids wanna be outside playing with their friends or whatever after a week of school. It just seems like it would be all around better on a midweek night. October 1st in a Friday, but I'll keep on hoping.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
where the syfy channel is getting the bread to put u for this is a mystery to me, maybe they can do another cheesy ass show about how they got it. Only reason i watch the syfy channel i when im baked to watch their seemingly intentionally corny movies on there. I saw one with coolio in in it and he was fighting pterodactyls

Jan 18, 2006
you basically reminded me that I never even turn the channel to syfy not even on a fluke unless it was for wrestling and you raise a damn good point about there budget but maybe they have been benefiting from ecw/nxt being on there.

Dec 4, 2004
Sounds like Smackdown will be LIVE now if its broadcast on Tuesdays. Thats good.
About time it's live. One of the biggest deal breakers for me is that Smackdown is on Fridays when I'm not home. Then they just pile up on my DVR and I forget to watch. Does sound like it will be live since Tuesday is the day they tape it on. No more spoilers for THEUNGOD and they can actually do stuff that seems like it matters. Good move for WWE. I hear they are gonna look at moving NXT to Bravo, as it's another NBC owned network.

May 4, 2002
http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/14119710
That article is written wrong. They don't tell you whether the original series are moving to Tuesday, or Smackdown will be on Tuesday, which I will assume it won't be since they repeatedly refer to it as Friday Night Smackdown. They just say something is moving to Tuesday and not what. The premiere of Smackdown is on October 1 and that's a Friday.