Slipknot bassist Paul Gray, dead at 38

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 2, 2006

Des Moines, Iowa; May 24, 2010 -- A local hotel worker found the bassist dead this morning. Paul Gray, known as #2, or "The Pig" in the self-titled years, the lively bassist from Los Angeles who relocated with family to Des Moines and joined Slipknot and has played for the entire Slipknot career up to this point. Paul had a darker side to his life, dealing with drugs and alcohol abuse. It was announced on his MySpace page this year that he was expecting a child with his wife Brenna. Life looked on the up for Paul.

While currently under investigation, preliminary reports from a source at the scene indicate a drug overdose.

Paul will be missed.

For more info: There will be follow-up information to this story as it becomes available. No cause of death has been determined yet. RIP Paul

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
RIP, never was a slipknot fan but i saw them perform live in October at the Smokeout festival and it was one of the best, if not the best, live show i've ever seen.

Feb 7, 2006
slipknot came out around a time I was shifting my rock music taste and music selection in general, but they always had a great sound I will say... Their percussion was sick. RIP.

May 19, 2005
there was an interview way way back where the lead singer was talkin about how he overdosed on coke twice before he was 16,and that the bassist was still a huge fan of the white girl.

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
Nothing is confirmed until it is confirmed. They started doing an autopsy this morning so the truth will be told soon enough. Maybe his "past" drug abuse fucked his heart up and something like this is just a repercussion of that. That doesn't necessarily mean he overdosed on the spot. But whatever the case... its a sad story :( I feel for his wife and child.

Rest In Peace