Single Sub/Amp suggestions?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 5, 2006
i dont know about y'all but my 10" kicker L5 slaps!

just need a stronger amp.. whatever bestbuy.com has thats good is what i'll be getting, got a credit card with them might as well use it.

Oct 20, 2008
I got a kicker 12" L7 along with a JL 250/1 works very nicely. I put the sub in a vented box i made. Seriously, that box makes it sound like i got two of em.

kevp

Sicc OG
Dec 7, 2004
Yeah, not quite ''budget'', but I got it for $200, so I'm good. I have no complaints at all.

where'd you get it at for 200? I'm guessing used on ebay/craigslist?

I'm bumpin a kicker comp 10 right now and it shakes my truck pretty good (got it for free too)...I wanna get a type X 12. I've heard type S and R and the R beat the shit out of the S...so if the X shits on the R like the R shits on the S then the X should be a good buy...

Jun 5, 2004
if you can find it, get the Kicker classic Solo-Baric (the round one's, not the square one's) the pair i had, didn't have that web lookin feel to it. it was all cone. them shit's bumped hella hard. the weather was so hot, it burned the coil in one of the speakers. i didn't even want to fuck around with that, so got rid of that set and moved on to my next box of Digital Audio's.

UR GONNA RECCOMMEND A SUB THAT POOPED OUT ON YOU JUST CUZ THE WEATHER WAS HOT? LOL OK... ??

THE SQUARE SOLOS R BETTER. BY MAKING THE SUB SQUARE GIVES IT MORE SURFACE AREA AND THAT= MORE BASS. SO MY SQUARE 12" L7 HAS THE SURFACE AREA OF A 15". BUYING A SQUARE L7 IS LIKE BUYING ONE SIZE BIGGER BUT CHEATING LOL.

IF U JUST LISTEN TO RAP LIKE ME, I WOULD RECCOMEND A 12" L7, THE DK. GREY ONES (2008 I THINK). I GOT A 12 IN A PORTED BOX WITH A 800 WATT MTX THUNDER AMP, AND THAT IS LOUDER THAN MOST 2-12" SETUPS. IF U LISTEN TO TECHNO AND HEAVY METAL AND FASTER STUFF, GET SOMETHING WITH BETTER SQ