Since the homie SC_40izzzz8 made a comment

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 15, 2009
bout it i decided to pick up the history of the world heavyweight championship this saturday...shit was off the hook...check it out if you ain't seen it...download it or whatever....i didn't realize wrestling has been around since pretty much the beginning of time lol

the said wrestling used to be a shoot until they decided they didn't want there performers getting injured and they wanted them to wrestle hella much so they decided to start scripting it...it was a good watch

check that shit out yo

May 24, 2002
You need to get this:

NWA WORLD TITLE IN JAPAN 6 DVD-R SET

NWA World Champion Lou Thesz vs. Rikidozan (10/13/57)
NWA World Champion Jack Brisco vs. Dory Funk Jr. in a best two out of three falls match (1/27/74)
NWA World Champion Jack Brisco vs. Jumbo Tsuruta in a best two out of three falls match (1/30/74)
Disc Two

NWA World Champion Jack Brisco vs. Shohei "Giant" Baba in a best two out of three falls match (Baba wins title, 20:46, 12/2/74)
NWA World Champion Shohei "Giant" Baba vs. Jack Brisco in a best two out of three falls match (23:46, 12/5/74)
NWA World Champion Jack Brisco vs. Bobo Brazil in a best two out of three falls match (3/13/75)
NWA World Champion Terry Funk vs. Jumbo Tsuruta in a best two out of three falls match (6/11/76)
NWA World Champion Harley Race vs. Jumbo Tsuruta in a best two out of three falls match (21:58, 6/11/77)
Disc Three

NWA World Champion Harley Race vs. Shoehi "Giant" Baba (Baba wins title, 18:29, 10/31/79)
NWA World Champion Shoehi "Giant" Baba vs. Harley Race (Race wins title, 20:58, 11/7/79)
NWA World Champion Harley Race vs. Shoehi "Giant" Baba (Baba wins title, 14:05, 9/4/80)
NWA World Champion Shoehi "Giant" Baba vs. Harley Race (Race wins title, 11:58, 9/10/80)
NWA World Champion Harley Race vs. Mil Mascaras ( 9/12/80)
Disc Four

NWA World Champion Ric Flair vs. Jumbo Tsuruta in a best two out of three falls match (10/9/81)
NWA World Champion Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat (16:21, 6/4/82)
NWA World Champion Ric Flair vs. Jumbo Tsuruta (6/8/82)
NWA World Champion Ric Flair vs. Kabuki (12/12/83)
Disc Five

NWA World Champion Kerry Von Erich vs. Jumbo Tsuruta in a best two out of three falls match (5/22/84)
NWA World Champion Kerry Von Erich vs. Ric Flair in a best two out of three falls match (Flair wins title, 26:34, 5/24/84)
NWA World Champion Ric Flair vs. Jumbo Tsuruta (4/24/85)
NWA World Champion Ric Flair vs. AWA World Champion Rick Martel (10/21/85)
Disc Six

NWA World Champion Ric Flair vs. Yoshiaki Yatsu (3/7/87)
NWA World Champion Ric Flair vs. Hiroshi Wajima (3/12/87)
NWA World Champion Ric Flair vs. Jumbo Tsuruta (5/10/87)
NWA World Champion Ricky Steamboat vs. Tiger Mask (13:47, 3/8/89)

May 15, 2009
all the Flair vs Jumbo matches are fantastic

also

NWA World Champion Ric Flair vs. AWA World Champion Rick Martel

^ beyond epic
shit...i didn't know the model was a awa champ..that's dope, he should've had the ic belt in wwf...i loved that match he had with shawn michaels were they didn't wanna hit each other in the face hahahah

Nov 14, 2002
from one wrestling fan to another... what dont you like about Jap wrestling?
Honestly I don't have anything against it. I haven't seen enough of it to judge either way really... my first impression of Japanese wrestling is just death matches.

I think it's cool... I can't watch an "episodic" version, so I don't know much about the characters. I like the technical wrestling aspect of it... but it seems to always be pretty one sided "good guy vs bad guy" type of shit.

May 24, 2002
shit...i didn't know the model was a awa champ..that's dope, he should've had the ic belt in wwf...i loved that match he had with shawn michaels were they didn't wanna hit each other in the face hahahah
Had a decent handfull of matches in japan. Most werent that great, but this one is fantastic!!!!

you know who else who was in japan and actually had some really great matches?

Big Boss Man. He fucked everyones shit up when he was in japan. He had no problem working stiff and punching peoples faces in

May 15, 2009
damn...how did you find out about all this shit? i know vader was a beast in japan but that's about all the stories i've really heard bout japan wrestling, i know they're hella respectful though

May 24, 2002
Honestly I don't have anything against it. I haven't seen enough of it to judge either way really... my first impression of Japanese wrestling is just death matches.

I think it's cool... I can't watch an "episodic" version, so I don't know much about the characters. I like the technical wrestling aspect of it... but it seems to always be pretty one sided "good guy vs bad guy" type of shit.
Yeah DM was pretty much my first introduction to Japan... I think the death matches were really the first big thing from japan to make it over here.

Go watch some of the matches I posted in the Technical Classics thread. I think there are maybe one or 2 matches in there where it helps a little to know the background but the action is still red hot.

also have you heard of the 5 star match rating? the people who have the most of them come from japan

Mitsuharu Misawa has 26

Mitsuharu Misawa vs Kenta Kobshi (1/20/97)

Find this match ^ it will change your views on Puro and wrestling in general

May 24, 2002
damn...how did you find out about all this shit? i know vader was a beast in japan but that's about all the stories i've really heard bout japan wrestling, i know they're hella respectful though
I found this out by chance. I was going through a tape traders list and I saw Bossman & Steve Williams vs Kawada & Taue

I looked it up and found a bunch more matches of his in japan. Ill try to post some up in Classics thread if I can find them on youtube. if not I will just put some matches on Megaupload