Sick of that south shit

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 25, 2002
God damn im soo sick of hearin this shit every fuckin where, most of that shit is fuckin garbage, like shake it like a salt shaker what the fuck is is that shit? ive heard 2 songs that are decent "yeah" and "to the wall" just cuz theyre dance songs to grind with girls in the club, but other than that im soo sick of these fools gettin on screamin, shits gay

and some fools were tryin to tell me little john was the best producer ever, cut that south shit out

Jun 13, 2002
i feel ya, but shit i just got used to it. not sayin that i slap that shit, but until somebody else brings sum shit hella unique to tha mainstream, it'll be like that.

May 15, 2002
I been tired of that shyt. They got the south lookin real lame. U go to Houston and Baton Rouge, its nothin but heat over that way. But all that bullshyt comin from Atlanta is makin not only the south look bad, but rap as well. They got people thinkin they dont have to talk about shyt, all they can do is have a tight beat and a crunk hook to make a hit....And thats bullshyt!

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
That ATL ain't impress me at all. Lil Jon and the eastside boyz were doing their thang thang, but this shit on the radio is a poor representation. Houston is a movement right now, but they aren't getting major rotation outside the south.
Basically, what has happend, is the south has taken the role of the east as far as hip pop, it goes it's rounds.
Even when Cash money back in the day was doin radio, it was still tight as fuck
I wanna see more houston cats come up tho. I just wish the mainstream would accept skill on a track for the radio, and not just catchy tunes.

Sep 23, 2003
I feel ya on how lil johns played out, but up in the club that shit get it goin I don't give a fuck. Wouldn't bump it in my car or nuthin. But it gets the freaks to pop they booties. can't be mad at that. and not everybody played from the south at all. Three Six mafia, Luda, T.I. have been bringing it. That new 8 ball and MJG is way gangsta too.

Jun 25, 2002
Ya i know what you mean bout poppin in the club fa sho

i was mainly speakin on that new shit that recently has coem up

i remmeber three 6 mafia with world domination, tear da club up thugs crazyndalazdays, all that shit was sick, luda was sick since back for the first time, thats older ot me i hate this new shit though

Jul 9, 2003
man I respect them gettin their money but LIL Jon beats are getting sooooo repetitive and annoying as fuck. I mean ya some of the beats bump but you won't see Lil Jon goin down as a legend in the game or anything. You gotta have more than a club banger and screaming into the mic to do that. I'm not hatin, I've never liked the shit and I never will. Actually on the Lil Jon CD I like that "Play no games" song feat. Fat Joe and Trick Daddy....that's the only one I like. Get Low is aight.

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
chuck taylor said:
yes most southern shit is exactly the same. im feelin that fool kingpin skinny pimp's shit tho. and most of their beats are knockin but their rhymes is just generic bullshit
y'all need to wake the fuck up with that bullshit. Listen to more than the radio and say that statement. Shit comin outta texas has far better production, and often better lyrics than the bay, there's more to the south than ATL>

Apr 25, 2002
THE SOUTH KEEPS IT CRACKIN

TI
LUDA
8BALL & MJG
SCARFACE
DEVIN
NAPPY ROOTS
UGK
DAVID BANNER
LIL FLIP
36 MAFIA
TELA

WHY DISCRIMINATE AGAINST THE WHOLE SOUTH WHEN YOU REALLY DON'T LIKE A CERTAIN FEW ARTISTS??? HOLLA BACK

May 10, 2002
TEXAS DOES NOT HAVE BETTER BEATS THEN NORTHERN CA, YALL NEED TO GET THAT STRAIGHT RIGHT NOW, SOME OF THE DOWN SOUTH SHIT IS TIGHT BUT NO WAY CAN IT MEASURE UP TO THIS NORTHERN CALI GAME.

Mar 8, 2003
Playa510 said:
TEXAS DOES NOT HAVE BETTER BEATS THEN NORTHERN CA, YALL NEED TO GET THAT STRAIGHT RIGHT NOW, SOME OF THE DOWN SOUTH SHIT IS TIGHT BUT NO WAY CAN IT MEASURE UP TO THIS NORTHERN CALI GAME.

lol..come on man. its all stuck on opinion. But i forgot tho, who has a better chance of getting on the radio?

wait...hold on...the last BAY ARTIST THAT MADE IT WENT AND SAID FUCK THIS AND REPPED HOUSTON.

well damn man. i dunno. i love the bay. but lol, the bay has close minded fucktards that ruin it and give other people a bad name.

And shit, if you like music that has sounded the same and pretty close to saying the same lyrics in the last 10 years then the bay area is exactly for you.

the last GOOD bay are cd that i can say thats gonna be a classic is San Quinn's shit. and thats the truth.

And lol@the whole south sounding the same. Come the fuck on. Everybody in the bay area sounds the same, with the beats 2 fuckin lyrics. Rick Rock and Davey D are the only people in the bay makin beats that HAVE POTENTIAL. buy my opinions dont really count.

but hey, its the Big Bad Bay Area.....what can you say? Niggas will always be cryin or mad because sumbody else makin it, but then always BOO HOO about how people dont "accept the bay". Grow the fuck up

Jun 25, 2002
I hate that shit, call it hating, hatin is like hatin on sumbody cuz ur jealous or usm shit, im straight up sayin their shit fuckin sux, thats not hatin thats my opinion, personally i dont care where music comes from the bay to LA to the east coast i dont give a dman if its itght ill bump it

and i think theres more than 2 tight producers in the bay

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
I guarantee, the people sayin all this negative shit about the south, ain't up on game. I love the bay area, the location and the music that comes from it. I'm from california, why wouldn't I love that homegrown shit? But the shit coming out of texas is top quality MUSIC. Not low quality rush to get out bullshit cd's like I find half the time comin out the bay. A few cats are doin it nice and big, they get nothing but love from me, but the south steady comes with nice, soulful production, with beats that sound like there is live instrumentation, tight soulful hooks, and some of the folks out the south are just crazy on the mic. Chamillionaire would outshine anyone in the bay, or the whole damn game period right now. Show respect where it's due, it ain't that hard!

Again, the shit that sounds the same out the south, is ON THE RADIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I fuckin hate the radio, whether it's NY, SF, or OKC!!!!!!! It's all shit! If you support underground cali shit because you want to hear real shit, bump underground texas shit and I promise you'll like what you find.