Siccness.net presents Midwest Mafia Mixtape Vol. 1

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Law

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.sickmix.com
Alright, for those of us who are on board lets do it...

1.) We need a DJ who would be able to do the first tape...
DJ Krunk ? DJ Fresh from KC Landmarks ? DJ Loon ?

2.) Art work... D Skrilla ?

3.) Song submissions will go to the DJ... an less you guys have a better idea??

4.) do you want some one to Host the tape?

Tomorrow is AUG 1st, Lets knock this out asap... any questions, suggestions etc... post them up...

Lets do it!

J - Law

[email protected]

Law

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.sickmix.com
as far as im concered it will be the prefrence of who is submitting a song.... what do you think ant? if someone put in an og beat and there were mixtape beats on it would it sound off?

Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
I can do a cover, I work with photoshop CS3

I got beats and shit.

This sounds like a fun colabo, count me in.

I work with Pro Tools 8 so I guess I could mix it. I'm really not a "turn table DJ" but I can fade a track.

I don't know how wild anyone wants to get with the cd as far as scratching or chopping it.

Jul 1, 2004
as far as im concered it will be the prefrence of who is submitting a song.... what do you think ant? if someone put in an og beat and there were mixtape beats on it would it sound off?
Thats the big reason I like mixtapes. I LOVE hearin "unknown" artists rip on a mainstream beat. Its kinda like "I dont make near the money you do, Im more talented than you and Im gonna shit on your own beat." I love the fuck you attitude of it. I do think that if you had say, 10 mainstream beats and then 9 originals, it may be off but thats just one guys opinion.

Jul 1, 2004
I can do a cover, I work with photoshop CS3

I got beats and shit.

This sounds like a fun colabo, count me in.

I work with Pro Tools 8 so I guess I could mix it. I'm really not a "turn table DJ" but I can fade a track.

I don't know how wild anyone wants to get with the cd as far as scratching or chopping it.
Im not sure on how much time is involved in scratchin or choppin but I think the idea and to just keep pumpin these mixtapes through... Time permitting, I think a chopped and screwed tape could be cool as well.

Law

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.sickmix.com
If this is a for real project I would recommend a concept first.

Whats the concept going to be?

Gangsta, pop, hip hop etc.

I mean i feel like the concept is, this is the midwest... this is our MIDWEST!.... it dont matter if you want to rap about anything just put on...for your city, rep and rap about what goes on, how you feel etc.. it dont have to be all gangsta shit... all pop shit... just rap fromyour heart and be meaningful, tell a story... i feel that no matter what kc... chi... okc... etc... it will resonate... we need this, we all need this... there is no buzz, no pop... in my opinon... what i see... granted, i dont get out much.. friex and pitts p can vouch for that ... i just love music and am very passionte about it...

i love it...