Should Rap Lyrics Be Used As Evidence In Court?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Siccness.net

#1 Source for Rap Music!
Feb 12, 2014
Based largely on a rap he wrote, and accounts of two witnesses given years after the shooting, rapper Antwain Steward was arrested and charged with double murder. Critics contend rap is a musical art form that should not be taken as evidence of criminal behavior. But some prosecutors say they don't buy the argument that the work is all fiction.

Click here to Read More

LISICKI

rosecityplaya
Dec 9, 2005
But the prosecution tried to use lyrics against u?
yep was the darnedest thing too the judge threw it out cause it was rap lyrics and absolutely not relevant to the case idiot jurors will buy that shit though

they also wrote all this bullshit about me in the paper too which turned out to be not real, trust the news and media though cause they have your best interest at heart :classic:

May 16, 2002
Can movies be used to get actors prosecuted?
I propped you because I agree, but the rap game is different in the sense that a lot of rappers are not artist. A lot can not sit & create a song as an artist. They brag & boast about how real they're lyrics are & it can be a catch 22.

I think this topic is a loose term. It's probably not just lyrics that are convicting these artist. It's details in a case that perhaps only the person who committed the crime may know. Can it be a case of, "When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong?"
or coincidence?

Plus, flashing guns & drugs on videos doesn't help when your trying to convince a jury you don't own a gun & are not gang affiliated. Perhaps not a registered gun, but you sure had a piece in your hand in that music video LOL! By the time you take it off YouTube the D.A. & cops ripped it off your channel & is in they're possession.

I think this is far beyond lyrics. Yes, they're stating "lyrics," but the system is covering their ass & twisting it good to make it stick to your ass.

Best bet is keep your code of silence, don't incriminate yourself on video & give up the rap shit unless you can be a real artist & CREATE a song.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
I propped you because I agree, but the rap game is different in the sense that a lot of rappers are not artist. A lot can not sit & create a song as an artist. They brag & boast about how real they're lyrics are & it can be a catch 22.

I think this topic is a loose term. It's probably not just lyrics that are convicting these artist. It's details in a case that perhaps only the person who committed the crime may know. Can it be a case of, "When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong?"
or coincidence?

Plus, flashing guns & drugs on videos doesn't help when your trying to convince a jury you don't own a gun & are not gang affiliated. Perhaps not a registered gun, but you sure had a piece in your hand in that music video LOL! By the time you take it off YouTube the D.A. & cops ripped it off your channel & is in they're possession.

I think this is far beyond lyrics. Yes, they're stating "lyrics," but the system is covering their ass & twisting it good to make it stick to your ass.

Best bet is keep your code of silence, don't incriminate yourself on video & give up the rap shit unless you can be a real artist & CREATE a song.
But how can you draw the line and say, this rapper right here is an artist who raps about a fantasy world and this rapper right here raps about his actual daily life. It's bullshit.

How about rappers that act? Or actors that rap?

This is seriously retarded.