SHOULD HOPSIN SIGN OR NOT

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 25, 2007
I checked out 'Raw' a few days ago, and that CD goes. I'd say they should. I dig the fact that he sings his own hooks.

Jun 20, 2008
His verse on Am I A Psycho prompted me to check out Raw, it's quality stuff. I think Hopsin would be a good addition to Strange.

Nov 14, 2002
Hopsin always seemed decent to me, but it wouldn't be anything more than a download that I might play once or twice before resorting back to the regular shit I listen to.

Jan 11, 2006
www.myspace.com
hopsin has the ability to be in tech's shoes 9-10 years from now. js. Raw was a bit like anghellic and absolute power, i'm assuming hes still learning about the underground scene himself, so, it's going to take time, he just gotta do his own thing honestly. hes got the right exposure people just gotta wake up.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
From Hopsin's perspective, he should definitely jump at the chance if a deal is on the table. From Strange's perspective... well, 1: Musically, maybe. However 2: From what I've seen, the guys personality could be a cancer to your business. His issues with Ruthless made him look like Skatterman... if Skatterman was still 6.

Jan 6, 2008
www.youtube.com
the only things that strange could truly offer him at this point are bigger shows (which he would probably make less than he already does from) and better production. By being on All 6's & 7's he's going to gain a large amount of tech fans, so signing to strange wouldnt do too much more for him. Plus his album Raw has sold better than every Strange release ive heard of other than the Tech N9ne releases.

EDIT: "heard of" meaning i never hear numbers after the first week sales, so im just assuming they drop drastically haha

May 1, 2009
the only things that strange could truly offer him at this point are bigger shows (which he would probably make less than he already does from) and better production. By being on All 6's & 7's he's going to gain a large amount of tech fans, so signing to strange wouldnt do too much more for him. Plus his album Raw has sold better than every Strange release ive heard of other than the Tech N9ne releases.
whats has raw sold first week/overall?

Jan 20, 2007
wheres the proof of the deal being out??? i thought they wanted to build up funk volume from what swizz said at a show.

Jun 22, 2004
Ehhh Hopsin kinda turned me off (no homo) seeing his bullshit on Facebook wasting time beefing with some nobody rapper but I'm feeling his verse on 6's & 7's.

I say no to the signing thing. Let Strange work on the artists they have before signing someone else.