SHOULD 94.9 BE ALLOWED TO MAKE MONEY OFF HOMIES AND NOT PLAY THEM?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

SHOULD RADIO BE ALLOWED TO MAKE MONEY OFF NOR CAL LATINS AND NOT PLAY THEM?

• YES. RADIO CAN MAKEY MONEY OFF US AND NOT PLAY US

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • NO. ITS NOT RIGHT! FUCK EM TILL THEY PLAY US!

Votes: 40 75.5%
  • I DONT CARE CUZZ I LEAN LIKE A JOTO!

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!

Votes: 7 13.2%

• Total voters

MzLooNey

Tha LooNiest Bitch
May 8, 2002
831_vato said:
Back When Sir Dyno Released, " Engrave These Words On My Stone" Like In 2003, They Had Sir Dyno On The Radio And Played One Of His Songs.
I heard Daddy's Home a few times on KWIN.

Mar 12, 2005
MzLooNey said:
I heard Daddy's Home a few times on KWIN.
I remember when Big Tone and Davina came on Kwin to give them a clean rola. They played it once and got hella love from all the homies and non bangin latin from Weak ass Lodi, to Stockton, to Modesto and even tracy. Then they hit up Davina and said because she had a red paño on her CD case that they couldn't play her shit anymore. I called on air and said you can let an arab with a Blue rag and an X3 jersey on his cover rap on air but can't put northern homies on air. They cut me off and they continued with the Pocos Pero Mocos segment. This was a while back

Jun 18, 2007
WHO R U?????

BTM said:
In my opinion,sayin fuck the radio and being a rapper is bad business.If your serious about making paper in the rap game you cant shun a avenue for making money.Why limit yourself by excluding an important outlet for getting your music heard.Im mexican,dont bang but have made Victor Zaragoza 2 songs for his shows that get played on saturday and sunday.Sat. for his daytime show and sunday night for his oldies show.No I don't do homeboy rap but im mexican,born and raised in northern cali and got my shit on radio.Rappers who say fuck radio remind me of the cats who claim to rap for the love and dont care about the money.For me,I love Hip Hop and live the life.Music has saved my ass from alot of bullshit.It has also became a business for me.I cant imagine Nike shoes sayin fuck foot locker when that store is an important outlet for them.that would be bad business on their part.Making money off of rap music is a struggle,limiting yourself by eliminating options makes that struggle even harder.

????

Mar 13, 2007
homeboys have made alot of radio friendly songs.tito b's smashing and big tone,woodie,davina's "take me back" were some of the best ones,which are hard and have radio potential

May 15, 2006
www.homeboyrap.com
newarkloc said:
when at 3 o clock in the morning

real $hit, that$ arouNd the time $hit got palyed out here, but everytime people waNNa deffeNd HYPHY like it$ doNe $o much 4 CHICANO RAP iN geNeral they luv to briNg up " ROMPED OUT NORTEÑO" a$ their defeN$e, like if that weak a$$ $oNg did aNythiNg 4 our movemeNt by $ayiNg cutthroat$ N X'4'$ a couple of time$ N $ayiNg X-I-V oN the begiNiNg, come oN, that$ oNe $oNg, it aiNt do $hit 4 the NortherN ChicaNo movemeNt, if it aiNt gettiNg u$ NOWHERE fa$t, whY fuck with it? yeah go $ell out, get hyphy N get paid N fuck the cau$e right? throw it all away 4 $Ome chump chaNge iN$tead of $triviNg hard to make thi$ NortherN ChicaNo Mu$ic $pread like a di$ea$e " homeboy$" rather $witch up N get paid thaN e$tabli$ all the NortherN homiez N come up a$ a whole $olid movemeNt

Dec 20, 2006
wild 949 will continue to play southerner music up north even though they are causing gang tention by playing it.
instead of supporting local bay area and northern cali chicano rap they will suport what ever is played on MUN2 and all that shit.
besides i dont think 949 wants to play homeboy rap because it has curse words and talks about killing southerners.
now scraps on the other hand. make love songs and how much they love to lick their girlfriends anus. with no curse words or profanity.
that is why 949 will continue to play their sht and not ours.

Apr 13, 2006
Shark4romda408 said:
real $hit, that$ arouNd the time $hit got palyed out here, but everytime people waNNa deffeNd HYPHY like it$ doNe $o much 4 CHICANO RAP iN geNeral they luv to briNg up " ROMPED OUT NORTEÑO" a$ their defeN$e, like if that weak a$$ $oNg did aNythiNg 4 our movemeNt by $ayiNg cutthroat$ N X'4'$ a couple of time$ N $ayiNg X-I-V oN the begiNiNg, come oN, that$ oNe $oNg, it aiNt do $hit 4 the NortherN ChicaNo movemeNt, if it aiNt gettiNg u$ NOWHERE fa$t, whY fuck with it? yeah go $ell out, get hyphy N get paid N fuck the cau$e right? throw it all away 4 $Ome chump chaNge iN$tead of $triviNg hard to make thi$ NortherN ChicaNo Mu$ic $pread like a di$ea$e " homeboy$" rather $witch up N get paid thaN e$tabli$ all the NortherN homiez N come up a$ a whole $olid movemeNt
MAN SHUT THE FUCK UP ALLREADY,FOREAL THOUGH. YOU THINK I LIKE THE WHOLE HYPHY SHIT ? NO ! BUT GOD DAMN YOU ALWAYS TALKING ABOUT IT. GO GET A LIFE OR SOMETHIN. AND ANSWER ME THIS QUESTIONS....DID GANGSTA FLEA GO HYPHY ON THE SONG ? DID MOUSIE GO HYPHY ON THE SONG ? UMM I THINK THE ANSWER IS NO. SO PLEASE SHUT UP ALLREADY U DON'T-KNOW......

AND CALLING IT A WEAK SONG IS VERY IGNORANT, THAT'S ONE OF THE BEST SONG'S TO COME OUT IN NORTHERN CALIFORNIA ! BUT THEN AGAIN YOUR JUST GONE TELL ME THAT IT'S JUST YOUR OPINION..... FUCK YOUR OPINION !!!!

Jul 17, 2002
YUNG $PIDER said:
MAN SHUT THE FUCK UP ALLREADY,FOREAL THOUGH. YOU THINK I LIKE THE WHOLE HYPHY SHIT ? NO ! BUT GOD DAMN YOU ALWAYS TALKING ABOUT IT. GO GET A LIFE OR SOMETHIN. AND ANSWER ME THIS QUESTIONS....DID GANGSTA FLEA GO HYPHY ON THE SONG ? DID MOUSIE GO HYPHY ON THE SONG ? UMM I THINK THE ANSWER IS NO. SO PLEASE SHUT UP ALLREADY U DON'T-KNOW......

AND CALLING IT A WEAK SONG IS VERY IGNORANT, THAT'S ONE OF THE BEST SONG'S TO COME OUT IN NORTHERN CALIFORNIA ! BUT THEN AGAIN YOUR JUST GONE TELL ME THAT IT'S JUST YOUR OPINION..... FUCK YOUR OPINION !!!!
but if you take out mac dre .......................... do you think 949 would put gangsta flea just by himself with that song romped out norteno .......... ni mames huey.

Apr 13, 2006
nvuskilla14 said:
but if you take out mac dre .......................... do you think 949 would put gangsta flea just by himself with that song romped out norteno .......... ni mames huey.
I COULD CARE LESS IF IT WAS ON THE RADIO OR NOT OR IF MAC DRE WASN'T ON IT..... IT STILL A GOOD SONG. EVEN IF IT DIDNT HAVE MAC DRE THAT SHARK DUDE STILL WOULDA SAID IT WAS WEAK.

Dec 20, 2006
you said that was the best song to come out of northern california.
i think your trippin foo. big tone. woodie. mousies northsidesoldier.
davina.lil los. there is better rappers out there than mac dre and gangsta flea. your on some crack cutty mac

Apr 13, 2006
X4 CH1C4NO xIv said:
you said that was the best song to come out of northern california.
i think your trippin foo. big tone. woodie. mousies northsidesoldier.
davina.lil los. there is better rappers out there than mac dre and gangsta flea. your on some crack cutty mac
I SAID IT WAS ONE OF THE BEST, NOT THE BEST. LEARN HOW TO READ CUTTY MAC.