SHOULD 94.9 BE ALLOWED TO MAKE MONEY OFF HOMIES AND NOT PLAY THEM?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

SHOULD RADIO BE ALLOWED TO MAKE MONEY OFF NOR CAL LATINS AND NOT PLAY THEM?

• YES. RADIO CAN MAKEY MONEY OFF US AND NOT PLAY US

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • NO. ITS NOT RIGHT! FUCK EM TILL THEY PLAY US!

Votes: 40 75.5%
  • I DONT CARE CUZZ I LEAN LIKE A JOTO!

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!

Votes: 7 13.2%

• Total voters
Jul 1, 2004
I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH GOLDTOES ABOUT WHAT WENT DOWN AT THE CAR SHOW. HE WANTED ME TO ASK THE FANS FOR THEIR OPINION... NOW THE RADIO DOSENT SUPPORT OUR NORTHERN CALI CHICANO/LATIN RAPPERS. EVERYONE KNOWS THAT 80% OF THE PEOPLE AT CAR SHOWS ARE NORTHERN CHICANOS/LATINS AND THAT 94.9 AND OTHER RADIO STATIONS HAVE NO PROBLEM PUTTIN UP BOOTHS AND SELLING ITEMS TO MAKE MONEY OFF NORTHERN CHICANOS, BUT REFUSE TO PLAY ANY ARTIST WHO IS A "NORTHERN CHICANO/LATIN". DO THE FANS THINK IT IS FAIR FOR THEM TO MAKE MONEY OFF THE LATIN HOMIES WHEN THEY REFUSE TO PLAY LATIN/CHIANO ARTISTS ON THEIR RADIO STATIONS? NOW I DONT WANT TO START AN INTERNET CIVIL WAR SO KEEP THE HATING COMMENTS TO YOURSELF. THIS IS NOT A NORTH VS SOUTH QUESTION SO KILL THAT NOISE. LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!

May 17, 2002
www.deebo.com
MAN 94.9 OVER HERE IN FRESNO HATES ON RAP FROM NORTHERN CALI TOO.THE STATION IS B95.I THINK THEYRE AFILIATED WITH WILD 94.9.SHIT NORTHERN CALI RAPPERS SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE ON THE RADIO.THEN THEY ALSO GIVE THESE SHITTY ASS SO.CAL RAPPERS A RADIO SHOW ON Q97.THE POCOS PERO LOCOS SHOW ITS GARBAGE.FUCKEN HATERS.

Mar 12, 2005
KMEL GIVES alot of HOMEBOY LOVE, hit them up. SAC and STOCKTON just went down the tube. FUCK KWINN, WILD 94.9, AND 102.5 KSFM IN SACRA! Sellouts, never giving homeboys a shot. It's either an instant hit or you're done!

Jun 24, 2005
www.MYSPACE.COM
its all politics, and until more homeboy rappers put out quality music, with a more commercial feel, there aint gona be no radio play during the good hours. but fuck the radio regarless

May 1, 2002
fuck the radio i can't stand it...all that money made from the booths should be given to the artists and labels....fuck'em if there not gonna play northern cali chicano rap

Feb 8, 2004
www.youtube.com
In my opinion,sayin fuck the radio and being a rapper is bad business.If your serious about making paper in the rap game you cant shun a avenue for making money.Why limit yourself by excluding an important outlet for getting your music heard.Im mexican,dont bang but have made Victor Zaragoza 2 songs for his shows that get played on saturday and sunday.Sat. for his daytime show and sunday night for his oldies show.No I don't do homeboy rap but im mexican,born and raised in northern cali and got my shit on radio.Rappers who say fuck radio remind me of the cats who claim to rap for the love and dont care about the money.For me,I love Hip Hop and live the life.Music has saved my ass from alot of bullshit.It has also became a business for me.I cant imagine Nike shoes sayin fuck foot locker when that store is an important outlet for them.that would be bad business on their part.Making money off of rap music is a struggle,limiting yourself by eliminating options makes that struggle even harder.

Oct 24, 2004
I DONT KNOW WHY THEY HATIN ON THAT 1 STATION, I WOULD TOO IF I WAS N THEIR POSITION, BUT CONER TITO, B N B, LOWDOWN, DRF, ALL THE HOMEBOYS HAVE TALENT THEY JUST NEED TO GET IT OUT THEIR. YOU SAY ANYTHING ABOUT NORTHERNERS N MUTHAFUCKAS GET SCARED OR JUST TRY N HATE.
THIS IS ONE OF THE PROBLEMS LIVIN N A FUCKED UPO WORLD, ESPECIALLY THE INDUSTRY, THEY ONLY SUPPORT LEVAS LIKE LIL ROB, YOU CANT BE REAL N GET A RECORD DEAL, YOU HAVE TO BE STUDIO GANGSTA

Jul 1, 2004
BTM said:
In my opinion,sayin fuck the radio and being a rapper is bad business.If your serious about making paper in the rap game you cant shun a avenue for making money.Why limit yourself by excluding an important outlet for getting your music heard.Im mexican,dont bang but have made Victor Zaragoza 2 songs for his shows that get played on saturday and sunday.Sat. for his daytime show and sunday night for his oldies show.No I don't do homeboy rap but im mexican,born and raised in northern cali and got my shit on radio.Rappers who say fuck radio remind me of the cats who claim to rap for the love and dont care about the money.For me,I love Hip Hop and live the life.Music has saved my ass from alot of bullshit.It has also became a business for me.I cant imagine Nike shoes sayin fuck foot locker when that store is an important outlet for them.that would be bad business on their part.Making money off of rap music is a struggle,limiting yourself by eliminating options makes that struggle even harder.
THIZZ LATIN HAS WHOLE ALBUMS THAT ARE RADIO EDITED. THEY HAVE HAD MEETINGS WITH THE PROGRAM DIRECTORS AND DJ'S WHO STILL REFUSE TO PLAY THIZZ LATIN/BLACK N BROWN MUSIC. HOW CAN A RADIO STATION LIKE 97.7 OUT HERE IN STOCKTON PLAY JIMMY ROSES BUT THEY GOT NO LOVE IN THEIR HOME TOWN? AND DONT GET IT TWISTED ITS NOT A BAD BUSINESS MOVE BECAUSE THEY GET NO LOVE THERE ANYWAY SO WHY NOT SAY FUCK EM! AND ITS NOT JUST 94.9, ITS ALL RADIO STATIONS THAT PLAY THAT WATERED DOWN SHIT THAT GET NO REQUESTS BUT REFUSE TO PLAY LOCAL SHIT. PAYOLA RUNS RADIO BUT WE AINT PAYING!

Feb 8, 2004
www.youtube.com
Its not sellin out to make a radio song,its a skill.Some people say "I'm not makin songs for the radio,fuckem"radio is a tool to promote........make local in your hood money or expand your market......get more fans in more areas and make it happen........

Jun 5, 2004
94.9 is GAY if you didnt know that, 106 been the shit but not really, its ok. 106.1 plays romped out norteno sometimes. and when there was the real homies back at 98.7 on street beat they had all kinds of local rappers, even woodie was on the show n they played hella songs off ne 5. n they got hella bay shit on the radio daily that would never be played on another station i dont think

Jul 13, 2005
^^^^ THEY USED 2 PLAY ROMPED OUT NORTENO 4 A COUPLE WEEK'Z ON THE SHOW ON THE BLOCK I THINK IT WUZ ON FRIDAY OR SATURDAY NIGHTZ BUT WE ALL KNOW WHY RIGHT OF COURSE CAUSE OF MAC DRE BUT REGARDLESS IT WUZ A HOMEBOY JAM BUT ANYWAYZ WE SHOULDN'T BE WITH THE MINDFRAME LOOK WHUT EVERYONE ELSE HAS N LOOK WHUT WE DON'T THAT'Z WHY I LIKE MOST OF THE HOMEBOY MUSIC BECAUSE WE JUST DO US GIVE A FUCK WHUT EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING OR WERE THEY AT JUST MY OPINION THO ALRATO$Z