see what you "hard core rappers" did?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 7, 2002
WWW.MYSPACE.COM
http://www.siccness.net/vb/showthread.php?t=176953

i dont know why dude did not post it here but man this is some of the most funnyest chit about seattle i have read on here,...it dont get really good till page 5 first post,...all of you are gonna get a kick out of this kid,....ooooh you gotta love the power of media and how it got people from small towns thinking about "the hard core streets" of the richest place to live per capita

enjoy,....heheheheheheh

Apr 25, 2002
VERY HARD American Cities:
Gary IN, Richmond VA, Baltimore MD, Detroit MI, Camden NJ, Flint MI, Richmond CA, Washington DC, St. Louis MO, Newark NJ, New Orleans LA, Memphis TN, Compton CA, Dayton OH, Benton Harbor MI

HARD American Cities:
Kansas City MO/KS, Philadelphia PA, Atlanta GA, Oakland CA, Cleveland OH, Buffalo NY, Houston TX, Chicago IL, Hartford CT, Indianapolis IN, Peoria IL, Milwaukee WI

AVERAGE American Cities:
New York NY, Los Angeles CA, San Francisco CA, Seattle WA, San Diego CA, Sacramento CA, Boston MA, Portland OR

SAFE Cities:
San Jose CA, Anaheim CA, Vancouver BC, Toronto ON

There are a lot of cities that will shit on Seattle in a hardness contest, but there's also a lot of cities that will not (cities with more than their share of 'hard-core' rappers).

Think of Seattle like San Francisco, San Diego or Boston: A city that rich white people WANT to live in (as opposed to being scared to), a city where gentrification is becoming a major problem (places that once were hood are disappearing), where crime rates are very very modest, where there's lots of Asians and whites, not too many blacks etc.

I feel what you're saying Slowpoke b/c I have lived in the Midwest the last few years and the cities out there are WAY harder than Seattle but that's also true w/ most places in California too. If you're going to question what some of those Seattle rappers are doing then I'm going to have to do the same w/ anything coming out of Dago, Sac, and most of the Bay.

Are the dudes from Seattle lying??? I don't know the answer to that, maybe yes, maybe no. But then you've got to ask the exact same questions about people like Mitchy Slick, Luni Coleone, Brotha Lynch, Mob Figaz, Messy Marv, Jayo Felony, even some of the LA & Oakland dudes, b/c on the grand scale, the West is by far the softest spot in the USA.

Aug 14, 2003
WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT A "HARD CITY". PEOPLE WHO LIVE HERE AND ARE CLOSE TO WHAT GOES ON IN THE TOWN, KNOW WHAT GOES ON IN THE TOWN. ASK THE ARTISTS WHO WERE METIONED IN THE POST ABOVE, THERE'S A LOT OF MONEY HERE.

Nov 7, 2002
WWW.MYSPACE.COM
D'struction said:
Hard co' rappers did what?
GOT THESE SMALL TOWN HEADS THINKING THAT EVERTY MAJOR CITY LIKES TO HAVE A "GRIMY" PART OF TOWN,...IF YOU READ PAGE FIVE YOU WOULD BE LAFFING AT THIS CATS P.O.V HOW SEATTLE IS "SUPOSE" TO BE AND I'M SURE HE GOT A FEW CD'S WITH SAYING HOW BAD IT IS,..BUT LIKE MANY THAT TRAVEL WOULD SAY WHAT CHEECH & CHONG WOULD SAY,,,,"THINGS ARE TOUGH ALL OVER" HAHAHAHA

May 6, 2002
nonstop.bandcamp.com
seattle diego portland boston and frisco may not have sprawling projects, or a "grimey part" but no one can ever tell me "grimey: shit dont happen on a daily.

THATS what the rappers are talking of, cause there city IS grimey givin there circumstances.

and ive spent time in peoria, im not sure id lable it that high...

Apr 14, 2003
SLOWPOKE said:
GOT THESE SMALL TOWN HEADS THINKING THAT EVERTY MAJOR CITY LIKES TO HAVE A "GRIMY" PART OF TOWN,...IF YOU READ PAGE FIVE YOU WOULD BE LAFFING AT THIS CATS P.O.V HOW SEATTLE IS "SUPOSE" TO BE AND I'M SURE HE GOT A FEW CD'S WITH SAYING HOW BAD IT IS,..BUT LIKE MANY THAT TRAVEL WOULD SAY WHAT CHEECH & CHONG WOULD SAY,,,,"THINGS ARE TOUGH ALL OVER" HAHAHAHA
ooohhh....Whuts that have to do with the rappers lol

Apr 25, 2002
Nonstop said:
seattle diego portland boston and frisco may not have sprawling projects, or a "grimey part" but no one can ever tell me "grimey: shit dont happen on a daily.
THATS what the rappers are talking of, cause there city IS grimey givin there circumstances.
Yeah that is what I personally agree w/ myself, I don't think that the rappers out our way lyrically lie any more or any less than gangster rappers in other parts. They aren't any more or less 'hard' than gangster rappers in places that are clearly harder.

The issue people like Slowpoke have is about representation. A gangster rapper from a hard place is spitting stuff that really represents the MAJORITY of the people in his city are living. Whereas a Northwest / West Coast rapper who is individually just as "hard" spitting the exact same lyrics really turns people off (i.e. Slowpoke) because while true to himself, the rapper's lyrics are representative of the lives only a small MINORITY of the people in his city are living. I think that's where the issues come in, and there's some validity to those concerns.

But like I said, if you ask the questions about Seattle / the Northwest, ask them about 25 other cities, especially the ones in California b/c Cali is not nearly as hard as the West Coast rappers would like you to think. It's no different from the NW outside two or three spots.

Jan 24, 2004
www.twitter.com
there's always this dumb ass discussion every month or so about Washington bein' hard.. there's "hood places" in every state in the U.S.

you go in the wrong part of Iowa and could get fucked up, never know..

Places I won't be travelling to anytime soon = Detroit, MI, Gary, IN, or Kansas City, MO

May 10, 2006
www.myspace.com
xpanther206 said:
Gary IN, Richmond VA, Baltimore MD, Detroit MI, Camden NJ, Flint MI, Richmond CA, Washington DC, St. Louis MO, Newark NJ, New Orleans LA, Memphis TN, Compton CA, Dayton OH, Benton Harbor MI

HARD American Cities:
Kansas City MO/KS, Philadelphia PA, Atlanta GA, Oakland CA, Cleveland OH, Buffalo NY, Houston TX, Chicago IL, Hartford CT, Indianapolis IN, Peoria IL, Milwaukee WI

AVERAGE American Cities:
New York NY, Los Angeles CA, San Francisco CA, Seattle WA, San Diego CA, Sacramento CA, Boston MA, Portland OR

SAFE Cities:

There are a lot of cities that will shit on Seattle in a hardness contest, but there's also a lot of cities that will not (cities with more than their share of 'hard-core' rappers).

Think of Seattle like San Francisco, San Diego or Boston: A city that rich white people WANT to live in (as opposed to being scared to), a city where gentrification is becoming a major problem (places that once were hood are disappearing), where crime rates are very very modest, where there's lots of Asians and whites, not too many blacks etc.

I feel what you're saying Slowpoke b/c I have lived in the Midwest the last few years and the cities out there are WAY harder than Seattle but that's also true w/ most places in California too. If you're going to question what some of those Seattle rappers are doing then I'm going to have to do the same w/ anything coming out of Dago, Sac, and most of the Bay.

Are the dudes from Seattle lying??? I don't know the answer to that, maybe yes, maybe no. But then you've got to ask the exact same questions about people like Mitchy Slick, Luni Coleone, Brotha Lynch, Mob Figaz, Messy Marv, Jayo Felony, even some of the LA & Oakland dudes, b/c on the grand scale, the West is by far the softest spot in the USA.

"Ye know u gott it real fucked up homie,,,,first off Im not tryin to glorify any thang but facts is fact....If u look at the statistics of The U.S. N Over all crime rate we as In Washinton are in the top 10, along with california, new york N other states.........Every were has a good neborhood,,,were rich white people wanna live...and New york is almost top of that list,,,,Infact Ney york is one of tha most expencive places 2 live.....Now if any ones gonna talk about seattle or washington, dont say nuttin if u dont know about it....there good spots N bad spots,,,,I know some spots were ull get raped,,,,some ull get jumped or shot up,,,,and i know some were lil kids selll lemonade,,,,so its all good,,,,stop tryn to put down my city Including my coast

Feb 10, 2006
xpanther206 said:

HARD American Cities:

AVERAGE American Cities:

SAFE Cities:

The only thing that makes a cities murder/crime rate higher is the percentage of blacks in the city.Not that blacks are naturally criminal, but with blacks come the discrimination we face,and from that comes the poverty,and from that comes the crime.

Detroit is 80% black, Milwaukee is under 40% black,so detroit has a higher crime rate.But that doesnt mean that life is any harder for blacks in detroit than it is in milwaukee, it just means there are more white neighborhoods in Milwaukee,that get counted when these stats are drawn up.If Detroits suburbs were counted as part of the city, and the north/northwest side of milwaukee was its own city, then things would be reversed, and Milwaukee would have a higher crime rate.because the north and north west sides of milwaukee are about 80% black.See what im saying?

Things are rough for blacks everywhere, Seattle might be only 10% black, but I guarentee you that little 10% will ''just so happen'' to be in the ghetto of seattle, and in that ghetto, thier life is no easier than the ghetto in Gary,Detroit or Milwaukee.

Take Memphis/Milwaukee for example,sure memphis has a higher crime rate than milwaukee, because it has over 20% more black people,and thus more ghettos per capita.But the Black on black murder and crime rate in Milwaukee is higher than in memphis.

Dont let those stats fool you, life is hard for blacks everywhere.

BTW, I have been to peoria,and for blacks its hard, but since its overwhelmingly mostly white,middle/upper class (at least thats how i remember it)I wouldnt lable it as a ''hard'' city when talking per capita type shit.If you were going to include any city in illinois besides Chi town, I would say East St louis is hard, because its what,90% black?

May 9, 2002
loyalty7414 said:
If you were going to include any city in illinois besides Chi town, I would say East St louis is hard, because its what,90% black?
E.St.Louis is NO joke....ive been through there a few times and its one of...if not THE...most run down town/city i have ever come across(short of Newark and Detroit)...

Apr 25, 2002
loyalty7414 said:
The only thing that makes a cities murder/crime rate higher is the percentage of blacks in the city.Not that blacks are naturally criminal, but with blacks come the discrimination we face,and from that comes the poverty,and from that comes the crime.

Detroit is 80% black, Milwaukee is under 40% black,so detroit has a higher crime rate.But that doesnt mean that life is any harder for blacks in detroit than it is in milwaukee, it just means there are more white neighborhoods in Milwaukee,that get counted when these stats are drawn up.If Detroits suburbs were counted as part of the city, and the north/northwest side of milwaukee was its own city, then things would be reversed, and Milwaukee would have a higher crime rate.because the north and north west sides of milwaukee are about 80% black.See what im saying?

Things are rough for blacks everywhere, Seattle might be only 10% black, but I guarentee you that little 10% will ''just so happen'' to be in the ghetto of seattle, and in that ghetto, thier life is no easier than the ghetto in Gary,Detroit or Milwaukee.

Take Memphis/Milwaukee for example,sure memphis has a higher crime rate than milwaukee, because it has over 20% more black people,and thus more ghettos per capita.But the Black on black murder and crime rate in Milwaukee is higher than in memphis.

Dont let those stats fool you, life is hard for blacks everywhere.

BTW, I have been to peoria,and for blacks its hard, but since its overwhelmingly mostly white,middle/upper class (at least thats how i remember it)I wouldnt lable it as a ''hard'' city when talking per capita type shit.If you were going to include any city in illinois besides Chi town, I would say East St louis is hard, because its what,90% black?
You're mostly right. How hard it is for blacks does vary from place to place, i.e. in the Milwaukee example you like to use (which is a damn good one), blacks earn 48% the income of what whites earn and are very confined to the central city (I believe Waukesha is the only suburb, maybe Brown Deer too, that has hardly any blacks). In Seattle, blacks make 67% of what whites make and are not nearly as confined to the central city (Renton, Sea-Tac, Kent, Federal Way etc.). So that doesn't make things for blacks in Seattle rosy but it is a hell of a lot better than places like Milwaukee.

Apr 25, 2002
BUTCHER 206 said:
so you're saying theres a correlation between the amount of black people in a given area and the amount of crime there is? lmao. a place is only dangerous and grimey if there are a lot of blacks there? if lets say an entire city was black then that must be the hardest most dangerous city in the world right? lmao...
Yes he is saying that and (unfortunately) he's absolutely right. That is how the numbers play out.