see what you "hard core rappers" did?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 3, 2007
xpanther206 said:
VERY HARD American Cities:
Gary IN, Richmond VA, Baltimore MD, Detroit MI, Camden NJ, Flint MI, Richmond CA, Washington DC, St. Louis MO, Newark NJ, New Orleans LA, Memphis TN, Compton CA, Dayton OH, Benton Harbor MI

HARD American Cities:
Kansas City MO/KS, Philadelphia PA, Atlanta GA, Oakland CA, Cleveland OH, Buffalo NY, Houston TX, Chicago IL, Hartford CT, Indianapolis IN, Peoria IL, Milwaukee WI

AVERAGE American Cities:
New York NY, Los Angeles CA, San Francisco CA, Seattle WA, San Diego CA, Sacramento CA, Boston MA, Portland OR

SAFE Cities:
San Jose CA, Anaheim CA, Vancouver BC, Toronto ON

There are a lot of cities that will shit on Seattle in a hardness contest, but there's also a lot of cities that will not (cities with more than their share of 'hard-core' rappers).

Think of Seattle like San Francisco, San Diego or Boston: A city that rich white people WANT to live in (as opposed to being scared to), a city where gentrification is becoming a major problem (places that once were hood are disappearing), where crime rates are very very modest, where there's lots of Asians and whites, not too many blacks etc.

I feel what you're saying Slowpoke b/c I have lived in the Midwest the last few years and the cities out there are WAY harder than Seattle but that's also true w/ most places in California too. If you're going to question what some of those Seattle rappers are doing then I'm going to have to do the same w/ anything coming out of Dago, Sac, and most of the Bay.

Are the dudes from Seattle lying??? I don't know the answer to that, maybe yes, maybe no. But then you've got to ask the exact same questions about people like Mitchy Slick, Luni Coleone, Brotha Lynch, Mob Figaz, Messy Marv, Jayo Felony, even some of the LA & Oakland dudes, b/c on the grand scale, the West is by far the softest spot in the USA.
You actually ever been to oakland ? Im not the one to be glorifying that bullshit but know what you speaking on homie i dont see any actual facts in any of your posts. And all rappers are actors anyway so that argument holds no weight.

And some parts of frisco are worst then any spot on the entire westcoast. What you fail to realize is that san francisco just doesnt have that many black people it doesnt mean it is safer cuz the spots where it does pop off it pops off for real.

Apr 25, 2002
-JR- said:
1) You actually ever been to oakland ? Im not the one to be glorifying that bullshit but know what you speaking on homie i dont see any actual facts in any of your posts. And all rappers are actors anyway so that argument holds no weight.

2) And some parts of frisco are worst then any spot on the entire westcoast. What you fail to realize is that san francisco just doesnt have that many black people it doesnt mean it is safer cuz the spots where it does pop off it pops off for real.
1) Yes I have been to Oakland, and I do respect your point that that post didn't have any facts at all, b/c that's precisely the argument I usually take.

I'll give you your facts. Here's a link to a spreadsheet I made summarizing the 2004-2005 FBI's Uniform Crime Reports:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=02F8475619EDC7DF

2) No I definitely realize that, see that discussion we had comparing Youngstown, Ohio and Phoenix AZ. Crime rates are not reflections of how hard particular spots in those cities are. They are reflections of how big a chunk of a given city is regularly affected by crime. That is why most of the west coast cities really pale in comparison to those in the Midwest and South when it comes to crime, b/c the places in the West that really suffer from crime tend to be smaller pockets of the city, whereas out here in Milwaukee for example, it's atleast a good 30-50% of the whole city. And yes, it's highly correlated with race & ethnicity. Not caused by, but correlated.

And on the topic of Frisco, I know that the hood that was Filmore is gradually disappearing, but that HP is still thick and that the quality of housing there is about as bad as you're gonna find in the whole state of California. But it's a small little pocket.

Apr 25, 2002
SLOWPOKE said:
http://www.siccness.net/vb/showthread.php?t=176953

i dont know why dude did not post it here but man this is some of the most funnyest chit about seattle i have read on here,...it dont get really good till page 5 first post,...all of you are gonna get a kick out of this kid,....ooooh you gotta love the power of media and how it got people from small towns thinking about "the hard core streets" of the richest place to live per capita

enjoy,....heheheheheheh
And the funny thing about this guy's original post is that he is factually wrong, b/c the Bay Area where I believe he's from, is actually richer per capita than Seattle, and on a smaller scale, the cities of San Francisco and San Jose are definitely richer per capita.

So if he is going to come with Richmond, Vallejo and Oakland then atleast his point isn't contradictory, but if it's the whole Bay then he's full of shit.

May 9, 2002
thizzface420 said:
UMMMMMMMMMMMMM.....
Ummmmmm...what? San Jose s the safest BIG city in the US. Dont believe me?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Jose,_California#Crime

"San Jose has consistently been ranked as one of the safest large cities in the United States. During the 1990s and 2000s, the crime rate has consistently fallen.[13] From 2001 to 2005 the city was ranked as the safest American city with a population over 500,000 by the Morgan Quitno Awards.[14] The designation is based on crime statistics reported to the Federal Bureau of Investigation in six categories: murder, rape, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary, and auto theft."

And guess what? It won that SAME award for 2006.

Yes, San Jose is a SAFE city with LOTS of cops.

Apr 25, 2002
Jesse fuckin' Rice said:
Ummmmmm...what? San Jose s the safest BIG city in the US. Dont believe me?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Jose,_California#Crime

"San Jose has consistently been ranked as one of the safest large cities in the United States. During the 1990s and 2000s, the crime rate has consistently fallen.[13] From 2001 to 2005 the city was ranked as the safest American city with a population over 500,000 by the Morgan Quitno Awards.[14] The designation is based on crime statistics reported to the Federal Bureau of Investigation in six categories: murder, rape, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary, and auto theft."

And guess what? It won that SAME award for 2006.

Yes, San Jose is a SAFE city with LOTS of cops.

Seriously!

The Bay Area folks really tend to overestimate their crime down there, and when it's San Jose, it's laughable. Absolutely nothing close to what other cities of its size are nationally, and neither is Frisco.

If it's not Oakland, Richmond, Vallejo, EPA, Hunters Point it's either not crime infested or spots that are don't span more than a couple of city blocks.