Scarface on Blu-ray September 6th

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 24, 2003
:cool::cool::cool:

---------

Universal Studios Home Entertainment has announced Scarface for Blu-ray release on September 6. Considered one of the most influential gangster films ever made, Brian De Palma's film has been "newly-restored" and will be presented with 7.1 audio for the first time. It will come in a limited-edition BD with SteelBook packaging, ten exclusive art cards, a digital copy of the film and a DVD of the original 1932 Scarface. The studio is also holding a national Scarface fan art contest.
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=6070

-------------------

totally going to buy this
just the movie not the limited edition pack

Jan 18, 2006
Carlitos Way is the one thats overrated. Scarface is a classic even if a few think its overrated and movies like that just arent made anymore cuz the bad guy/villian usually is not the main the character.

Aug 24, 2003
i admit it is overrated, and more often than not people who look to this movie as a form of inspiration are generally idiots. but i love this movie anyway. just the whole rise and fall of tony montana is fascinating. i like the sound track too admittedly.

plus its awesome theyre starting to upgrade older movies to newer formats. most people dont realize old movies are filmed in exceptionally high quality; higher quality than gets shown in the theaters or on portable formats. cant wait to see some other classics get put on blu-ray

Aug 24, 2003
most people dont realize old movies are filmed in exceptionally high quality; higher quality than gets shown in the theaters or on portable formats.
^this

Nearly all movies are shot on film and most film is effectively higher resolution than HD (I think most moves from film are scanned at something like 4,000-5,000 lines for digital effects editing, while the highest HD standard currently is 1080 lines).
so there you have it. how much clearer could it look? up to five times better than 1080 HD.

May 16, 2002
Scarface was bashed in the reviews when it first came out, but since has become a cult classic.

Thank all the rappers for killing it by sampling every soundbite out of it and putting them in their rap records.

pAc0

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2006
i admit it is overrated, and more often than not people who look to this movie as a form of inspiration are generally idiots. but i love this movie anyway. just the whole rise and fall of tony montana is fascinating. i like the sound track too admittedly.

plus its awesome theyre starting to upgrade older movies to newer formats. most people dont realize old movies are filmed in exceptionally high quality; higher quality than gets shown in the theaters or on portable formats. cant wait to see some other classics get put on blu-ray

Critireon has a whole collection of older films that were shot back in the 50's 60's 70's that look superb on Blu-Ray.