Santigold

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 5, 2004
You get that remix D-Rose? If not let me know and I'll up it on mediafire or something.

*Edit*

Actually here it is for anyone who wants it. It doesn't differ a whole lot from the original but the little tweaks Diplo makes here and there are dope.

Santogold - Starstuck (Diplo Mix)
U know what, I couldn't get the link to work, but thanks, the zshare file worked. And wow, the track is sick. I love the subtle changes.

As far as the show went, damn, I'm pretty much speechless. She's one hell of a performer. And her voice control is fuckin amazing, she sounds live the same way she sounds on her album. She came out and did that squeeling sound in the beginning of Creator, and it sounded EXACTLY the same. I think I came close to shitting my pants on a few occasions.

As far as tracks goes, she did everything from the album and a few cuts from the Top Ranking mixtape. And she has some nice dance moves too, lol. Her 2 dancers with the glasses are pretty dope too.

I got my tickets off stub hub for over double face value cuz the show sold out hella quickly, but it was worth every damn penny.

Pics will be up later.

Nov 5, 2004
Finally got em uploaded...
Front row man!

Came out performing You'll Find a Way remix for her first song.

Her 2 dancers from her videos were there. They got some sick moves, so does Santi.

She brought up some people on stage during Creator.

My fav pic. This was Unstoppable, the last song she performed, which happens to be my fav from her. She was like 1 fuckin foot away.
I was Starstruck, pun very intended.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
I'm almost sick of this album cuz it's been all I've been listening to.....I even got my son hooked on it.....lol.....I wish I could've seen her when she came to the bay, but I didn't even know about it......good lookin on the starstruck remix nuttkase, the original beat was sick as fuck tho.....this one is coo......more musical, but I still kinda prefer the other

so anyone got anything remotely similar to her? or mia......I just like that they use unconventional beats.....J*Davey does as well, http://www.myspace.com/jdavey if you haven't checked them out

Nov 5, 2004
Honestly, this album is making a very strong case for being one of my alltime favorites.

I can listen to every track, and its just music that makes u feel good when u listen to it.

Nov 5, 2004
I thought about going to see her in Chi-town, but the prospect of that many hipsters in such a small place with me scared me away.
The SF show I went to wasn't as overly saturated w/ hipsters as i thought it would be, lol. Especially for SF.

^^lol

Imma download it and give it a listen...I took her for an MIA knock-off when I first heard one of her songs....
I thought that for a second when I first heard her. A lot of people do too. But then they are friends and both use the same producers for a lot of their shit, so I guess their influences rub off on each other. Its real easy to think that if the first tracks u listen to from her are Creator or You'll Find a Way remix. But most of her stuff is on the rock tip.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I still don't hear the M.I.A. comparison. M.I.A. more or less raps all her songs where Santogold actually sings. They are down with each other and use quite a few of the same producers so I guess the sound of some of the songs I can hear.

Nov 5, 2004
I still don't see the M.I.A. comparison. M.I.A. more or less raps all her songs where Santogold actually sings. They are down with each other and use quite a few of the same producers so I guess the sound of some of the songs I can see.
Lol, we both pretty much said the same things. I see your post was submitted just a minute after mine, lol.