San Quinn -From A Boy To A Man Discussion

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 26, 2007
And "Ready To Go" is becoming one of my favorites. I think this is the best feature on the album...they both ride the beat perfectly and this would be the one song that I can see a video being shot to.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
the whole album flows... its been constant rotation for me

i'm feelen: Catch a body, 3rd Eye, My Brother, Rockin up work... the whole album I can let play start to finsh.

and I applaud Quinn for making a album for his "fans" not for the radio

Jan 6, 2006
no songs for radio??? umm are we listening to the same thing?? when u have cheesy radio attempts such as "wind it up" " do ya thizzle" on an album im sure it was meant to get some mainstream attention. the better radio tracks are "ready to go" and "upside down."

Nov 26, 2007
statement doesnt make sense
It does make sense if he approached the project like, "hey, I don't give a fuck what the numbers look like after I release it, I put out what I wanted and I AM HAPPY. I didn't have to water an album down with would be singles and was able to fill the tracklisting with shit from the heart, not anything that was mainstream driven."

and this is why I think I like this album so much, you can tell how much it means to him. The album's got his brother, his son, and people that have been down with him since day one. He always comes real with his intro's/first songs, but on this one, you can't tell me that you can't hear how all the shit in his like has effected him.

Feb 10, 2004
www.twitter.com
i havent even got a chance to listen to that e-40 yet..... quinn been in the deck since i poped it in.
Same here! This album is soulful music. It really represents life in the city right now.

....Its real, kill a sucka fast, no imagination.....I talk how I live, like a nigga in America, everyone against me, muggin when you stare at us....Got a peacoat like I'm in the military, friend picture around his neck cause he in the cemetary.....

I could go on and on about rock up work. There has not been a more song out this year.

Nov 26, 2007
Same here! This album is soulful music. It really represents life in the city right now.

....Its real, kill a sucka fast, no imagination.....I talk how I live, like a nigga in America, everyone against me, muggin when you stare at us....Got a peacoat like I'm in the military, friend picture around his neck cause he in the cemetary.....

I could go on and on about rock up work. There has not been a more song out this year.
Rockin Up Work=Song of the Year

Mar 17, 2006
I swear some of you people in here are idiots. Of course 40's album is going to sound a certain way. He's actually trying to appeal to the entire country, while Quinn is only going to be heard by mostly Ca and maybe a couple of states. Both albums are nice.

you'd be suprised, I got folks in Boston, NY, England & Switzerland that are all over this shit, they all had the album before me!

..and none of them are from the bay.

I see your point though, 40's album is probably dumbed down for more universal appeal.

STRATEGY

Nov 10, 2007
Frisco Quinn did the city proud with this project. It slapz this and give u my word in my opinion his best this album had to grow on me but boy did it. He got my lil twins goin dummy in the back of my scrape to do ya thizzle, that upside down is a smacka and lil quinn was fresh too. The Album of the year from the Bay!!!!