SAN JOSE STATE

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 5, 2004
It's so simple. In fact, it's a no-brainer.

If you're already accepted into several schools, pick the one that is best in your field of study and go there. Plus you said you have a good chance of landing a job, goddamn, go to SJ State.

One of my engineering buddies that graduated from SJSU has a government job w/ Lockheed Martin and gets to travel around the country. One of my other SJSU homeboys is a civil engineer for some company and gets to travel around the world.

In these economic times, you have to go with the situation that will help you the most in the longrun. SJSU is pretty much sitting in your lap, take it.

And yeah, SJSU parties crack. My friends invited me to many a party, and it almost made me consider transfering...almost. Actually no it didn't, my school is the perfect situation for me.

Don't be too concerned with partying or else you're gonna be one of those 12th year seniors that wonders what in the fuck happened.

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
enginering, and colorado school of mines isnt your first choice???? FAIL!
You meant Cal right? Just kidding I am sure that school has a good ass engineering program too.

What type of engineering do you want to do? I graduated from Berkeley with a degree in Civil. I work with a lot of people from Sac State, Davis and right now Chico (just because I am temporarily working in Redding). I would say Sac State doesn't have the best engineering program compared to other schools and most of the state schools don't have as good of programs as the UC's (Cal Poly is an exception). From what I have heard SJ is probably a better school than Sac. Davis has a really good engineering program and it is a real college town as opposed to being a commuter college or an urban college. Either way picking a school depends on how much certain things matter to you because they are all different. Good luck with getting into the other schools though and let us know which you choose.

lopro

Sicc OG
Apr 7, 2006
anyone go to community college? its the only choice i got so i plan on going to DVC. anyone ever attend there?

Jan 1, 2006
You should go Apply for Chico... now that's a party school. I went there last year to float down the river. Off the chain that entire weekend

Depends on if you want to party or get educated

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
anyone go to community college? its the only choice i got so i plan on going to DVC. anyone ever attend there?
There is nothing wrong with the community college I did two years and transferred and I think it was a good decision. I saved a bunch of money and I don't think I would have gotten into the school I did if I tried to go straight form high school. It is a good step too because you can go at a little slower pace if you need to, I don't know about other 4 year colleges but the UC's want you in and out in as little time as possible and you need to take 12 units to stay in good academic standing.

Apr 13, 2007
www.myspace.com
L0L^

MKB, MY 1ST CHOICE IS MECHANICAL ENGINEERING BUT I GOT INTO COMPUTER ENGINEERING SINCE THAT WAS MY ALTERNATIVE. MY DAD ACTUALLY GRADUATED FROM SJSU [ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING] BUT TOLD ME I GOTTA WORK HARD AS HELL AND HAVE AN APTITUDE FOR STUDYING. I MEAN I PROCASTINATE A LITTLE BUT I CAN BUCK DOWN AND STUDY WHEN I HAVE TO. I JUST DONT WANT SHIT TO BE TOO OVERWELMING AND BE STUDYING 100% OF THE TIME WHEN I'M THERE

D-ROSE, WHAT WERE YOUR COURSES LIKE?

ALSO, MY OTHER OPTION IS, IF I DONT GET INTO DAVIS OR SB, IS TO GO TO SIERRA FOR TWO YEARS AND THEN TRANSFER TO SB BUT IM NOT LOOKING TOO FORWARD TO THAT CUZ I DONT REALLY WANT TO LIVE UP HERE FOR ANOTHER 2 YEARS.

Feb 9, 2003
The pentagon shooter was supposedly an SJSU engineering student. Is that why Pak Dan's camel hadji ass wants to go to SJ State? To learn from their Al-Queda cell? Well, I ain't having it you Islamic bastard!

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
I have no problems with privileged kids at all. But come on you can't be a rapper and expect anyone to take you seriously. Its not like you have mega swag either or bring anything new to the table., and not to mention you are a Pakistani stan. Just keeping it real son.

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
LMAO. IM THINKIN 1ST GET A LEGIT JOB AND THEN INVEST A GOOD AMOUNT OF MONEY BEHIND MY MUSIC SHIT...

I HEARD DOWNTOWN SJ IS PRETTY CRACKIN
I would advise you not to invest in anything if this is what you plan on doing...and here is why.

1. San Jose State is not a great school...you'd be better off at one of the other spots.

2. No matter where you go to school, a bachelor's degree is only going to land you a DECENT job at best. If you expect a great engineering job with a Bachelor's, you might want to worry more about where you go to get your graduate degree.

3. Don't invest in music unless you plan on devoting ALL OF YOUR TIME to it. It was hard to make it to begin with, and even more difficult now that people don't buy rap records. If you want to make money on this kind of investment, learn how to produce and find yourself a country singer.

4. Downtown San Jose is overrated and overpriced unless you know people. Also, the scene is crackin' to newbies until you end up face to face with SJ's finest.

With that said, I'd go to Davis or Riverside if I were you.

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
L0L^

MKB, MY 1ST CHOICE IS MECHANICAL ENGINEERING BUT I GOT INTO COMPUTER ENGINEERING SINCE THAT WAS MY ALTERNATIVE. MY DAD ACTUALLY GRADUATED FROM SJSU [ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING] BUT TOLD ME I GOTTA WORK HARD AS HELL AND HAVE AN APTITUDE FOR STUDYING. I MEAN I PROCASTINATE A LITTLE BUT I CAN BUCK DOWN AND STUDY WHEN I HAVE TO. I JUST DONT WANT SHIT TO BE TOO OVERWELMING AND BE STUDYING 100% OF THE TIME WHEN I'M THERE

D-ROSE, WHAT WERE YOUR COURSES LIKE?

ALSO, MY OTHER OPTION IS, IF I DONT GET INTO DAVIS OR SB, IS TO GO TO SIERRA FOR TWO YEARS AND THEN TRANSFER TO SB BUT IM NOT LOOKING TOO FORWARD TO THAT CUZ I DONT REALLY WANT TO LIVE UP HERE FOR ANOTHER 2 YEARS.
I would see if you can get into the Mechanical Engineering program at the other schools but that depends on which major you really want to do. The first two years are going to be almost the exact same classes no mater what engineering major you choose, calculus based physics, all the math classes, chemistry, statics (maybe not for computer or electrical I can't remember), a programing class, and a few major specific classes. They aren't easy classes but if you work hard you will be fine, it also depends on the teachers you get though. And like sydal said a masters helps a lot, I was lucky and found a job doing structural design with only a bachelors but a lot of the companies I talked to wanted you to have a masters to even be considered for a job in design. And going to a good college for you undergrad helps you get into a good masters program.

Mar 13, 2007
I go to SJSU but I couldn't tell you much about the majors you're looking into cuz I don't know much about the programs.