San Francisco Insanity

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 16, 2006
www.reverbnation.com
its 4am and i just got back from the sco!
i was gonna spend the night but they wanted $70 for a room an i said fuck that, i can use that money to buy a quarter.
but anyways fuck bill o'riley and that other square talkin about walkin babies thru parks past people with needles...get the fuck outta here
Frisco gooooes, Im considering moving to check out this 'recording connection' school.

Dec 12, 2006
It aint all complete bullshit what O reilly said, SF use to be a workin class town and much more conservative, now that no one that lives here is from here, barely 1/3 are from cali, and its fucks it all up. I see all these, mostly white, kids from like new hampshire and wisconsin and delaware, from anywhere but the bay, and its like there the next generation.

Aug 3, 2005
look man i lived in the heart of the tenderloin and it really aint THAT bad. it looks bad, bad shit happens now and then, and there are drugs obviously, but its not like u gotta constantly look over ur shoulder walkin around and shit or have to be strapped. theres no gangs and not much violence in your face. most of the fights ive seen are jus drug deals turned verbal spaz outs over some discrepancy in price or some shit. its mostly crackheads who mind their own business and bums, most of whom dont even ask u for shit in the TL, theyd rather walk a couple blocks down to union square if their gonna ask for money.
i understand it wouldnt be the best place to raise kids, but its still not the worst place to live. cheap, great food, most public transportation friendly neighborhood in CA, right in the heart of the city, theres like 3 liquor stores on every block.

i love this city, and ya its more visually grimey than some places, but thats just because its not as segregated and separated, like boston and ny. plus its a much smaller place with a lot of different kinds of people, and with the housing at the price it is, its no wonder some people stay poor forever.
its still the most progressive, collective, and respected cities in the united states.

bill o'reilly can suck a fuckin dick

Dec 12, 2006
look man i lived in the heart of the tenderloin and it really aint THAT bad. it looks bad, bad shit happens now and then, and there are drugs obviously, but its not like u gotta constantly look over ur shoulder walkin around and shit or have to be strapped. theres no gangs and not much violence in your face. most of the fights ive seen are jus drug deals turned verbal spaz outs over some discrepancy in price or some shit. its mostly crackheads who mind their own business and bums, most of whom dont even ask u for shit in the TL, theyd rather walk a couple blocks down to union square if their gonna ask for money.
i understand it wouldnt be the best place to raise kids, but its still not the worst place to live. cheap, great food, most public transportation friendly neighborhood in CA, right in the heart of the city, theres like 3 liquor stores on every block.

i love this city, and ya its more visually grimey than some places, but thats just because its not as segregated and separated, like boston and ny. plus its a much smaller place with a lot of different kinds of people, and with the housing at the price it is, its no wonder some people stay poor forever.
its still the most progressive, collective, and respected cities in the united states.

bill o'reilly can suck a fuckin dick

You sound like your not from here, not to hold that agaisnt you. I only really say that cuz San Francisco is hella segregated i figured that out when i was like 11 i mean cmon now.
Look at a map of san francisco, outside planet filmoe. Where are the hoods at??? In the middle of fuckn no where. Sunnydale?? u kiddin
and no the TL is not bosnia, Buttttttt shitttttt goooooo dowwwn, just look at a crime map shit.
HP hill is the middle of no where, double rock same, PH housin is just kinda in the back of the industrial, best views in the city lookin south i think
Look at Mission, outside the immediate area of the street where else do latinos live. The people that grow up here and those who move in for the most part are on two different tracks, same could be said for any city.

Apr 25, 2002
They aren't lying about SF being a different place. I was born there and raised in SF and the Bay and some of the shit you see today you wouldn't have seen 10 or even five years ago. I think the biggest difference that exists isn't the "liberal values" O'Reilly is talkin about but the influx of people from outside of the city and usually well outside of the Bay Area who have no connection or relationship with their surrounding community. If you look at what has happened in places like Hayes Valley or the Mission most people moving into those neighborhoods are better educated, make more money, and are not the same background as the people that live there. Now this is obviously my point of view but really this isn't the real problem. The real problem is these same people that move in here make no effort to contribute to the community and get to know their neighbors and make the neighborhood a better place. They go on public transportation to the economic centers of the city to work, come home, and shut and lock their doors. These people don't give a fuck about anything but making money and enjoying their Fridays. And they replace single families and working class people who really made the city what it used to be.

I remember when I got evicted looking at ads for a new place to live in the city. When two girls in a three bedroom house where looking to fill the third room and were explaining a bit about themselves they began: "We are two girls. San Francisco is our playground." That's what makes it different and tough for people who didn't grow up or live here to understand.

Dec 12, 2006
^^^^^THANK U BRUH U GET IT A HUNDID
I read shit the comments that people write on SFgate articles, shit kills me.
The most common is rich whiny cats talkn about how dangerous there little mission neighborhood, its like first of all u moved there shut up, second of all as a native I dont think/know u dont belong there, and 3rd U AINT BANGIN SO SHUT THE HELL UP

I really like what u said about people not getting involved in the community, nice disection of the problem

Nov 20, 2005
It aint all complete bullshit what O reilly said, SF use to be a workin class town and much more conservative, now that no one that lives here is from here, barely 1/3 are from cali, and its fucks it all up. I see all these, mostly white, kids from like new hampshire and wisconsin and delaware, from anywhere but the bay, and its like there the next generation.
you aint lyin.

i just checked for apartments in the city that our property management also owns..man they want like $2000+ for a fuckin one bedroom. who can afford that shit? rich white people.

~k.