Sample on 3XKrazy - Keep It On The Real

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 12, 2002
dope.st
Mayne I never new Tone Capone was using a sample on that track, just figured it was an original melody like most everything else.

I was in this classy spot last night and the deejay was playing like Jazz and Funk and shit. I started trippin because it sounded like he threw on 3XKrazy.

Spoke to dude and he showed me this 12" Vinyl for some English soul group from the 80's, the track is the entire music to 3XKrazy - Keep It On The Real.

Group is called 52nd Street, track entitled "Tell Me How It Feels" which I find out now made it to number eight R&B on Billboard's chart in 1986. Anyone got this?

Any other dope samples we should know about? 40 used a lot of Commodores and Con Funk Shun samples but I don't know too many other cats using samples?

May 12, 2002
dope.st
AllCity Cinemas said:
it would be easier to ask, what songs arent sampled, list would be shorter
Nah mayne, you know what I mean tho... y'all see Rick Rock laying down a beat, dude is doing it from scratch, same with Dre when they show him the studio on the 4000. Only some of the older Bay joints used real samples, I mean like four bars of music straight copied and a beat added. There ain't too many like that.

Dec 21, 2005
i used 2 think that was the tightest beat ever till i found out dat nigga stole it i would b like damn look @ all da shit that nigga put in that beat... aint that a bitch

May 12, 2002
dope.st
Mar 18, 2006
Lo-Lo said:
i used 2 think that was the tightest beat ever till i found out dat nigga stole it i would b like damn look @ all da shit that nigga put in that beat... aint that a bitch
im guessin you dont like the whole "dr dre-chronic" or "ice cubes-americas most wanted" album then.

Arson

Long live the KING!!!!
May 7, 2002
Lo-Lo said:
Your a dumb fuck, he didnt steal shit you fucking idiot, sampling is a huge part of rap, go listen to another type of music if you dont like it.

May 5, 2005
Lo-Lo said:
And this stupid fuck has DJ quik in his sig, a man who samples like crazy. Sampling is Hiphop music whether you like it or not you square.

Dec 6, 2005
a lot of music from the east coast is sampled as well, oldish sounding songs with chopped up vocals are used on them

50% of the music you hear today is probably sampled

Jun 30, 2002
yeah, almost all rap songs are sampled from somewhere.

sometimes you can read the insert of the CD and it even tells what songs they origianly sampled it from.