Sacramento Music Awards nomination party is tonight at PRESS CLUB!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 7, 2006
waddup,
here is a show we are rocking for tonight if yall heads want to check it out. Also if you can't make that one, we are doing the official DDAY mixtape show at Capital Garage on Saturday

May 24, 2002
www.sovereign-records.com
i garentee its all backpack rappers.. i learned alot about the snr last year.. its all good.. but they dont even reconize the street rap out here... thats why i said fuck it .. i'll tell you who really should be nominated for a sac award rght now by the way they drop shit consistantly and hustle hard ( not just in downtown sac )

BUENO
T-NUTTY
C-DUBB
LIVE MANIKINS
FLOSSALINI
DO IT MOVIN
SMIGG DIRTEE
& OTHERS

LIVE MANIKINS ARE THE ONLY CONCIOUS HIP HOP GROUP IN SAC I SEE OUTTA TOWN , MOVIN AND DROPPIN SHIT...EVERYONE ELSE IS PLAYIN GAMES SITTIN ON THEYRE HIGH HORSE..

BUT ITS WUTEVER....good luck to whoever gets nominated.. i thought the sammies was a joke and last year proved it to me...

Aug 7, 2006
^^i see what you are saying though, Doey Rock and you were in last years and I think yall should of won somethen. You know what, since Josh Fernandez did that write up on you last time you should talk to him about that. We were never in the sammie shit until i found out where they were meeting, ran up and demanded our name to be in it. good luck in your ventures kid

Apr 7, 2005
www.myspace.com
they dont put street cats in there because they dont want street cats at the function.

when lynch finally got his sammie, he hit the stage like 20 deep. walked up there like Ali to the ring. shit was funny as hell. the looks on the organizers and stage crew's faces was priceless.

to be honest with you.....a sammie doesnt really help street artists because the SNR isnt even circulated in most urban areas, so how can THEIR fans nominate them let alone vote? the downtown/midtown scene gets shine because well.....they're midtown/downtown....like SNR is.

the distillery is the only spot I know midtown/downtown that street cats can get into let alone perform in.

if the backpackers would include street cats in the planning of shows, it would help both sides out ALOT, and probably ease up some of the animosity thats out there.

thats one thing we lack here in Sacra is muthafuckin unity.

Aug 7, 2006
we need to have some kind of unity or something, shit. I got a track for yall that we collabed with some mobb music cats on. I honestly think we are all in the same category on music. This track is on the EA sports game that is called SKATE 2 (that just came out)

Korrupted Hoodlums - S.K.A.T.E.
S.K.A.T.E.

P.S. - When yall say streets cats, that can mean everyone because most of these backpack/concious emcees are street cats just with different music. Shit we all were born in the same area doing the same shit just different angles of hip hop. We shouldn't segregate ourselves and just be all under the term sacramento hip hop

May 24, 2002
www.sovereign-records.com
we need to have some kind of unity or something, shit. I got a track for yall that we collabed with some mobb music cats on. I honestly think we are all in the same category on music. This track is on the EA sports game that is called SKATE 2 (that just came out)

Korrupted Hoodlums - S.K.A.T.E.
S.K.A.T.E.

P.S. - When yall say streets cats, that can mean everyone because most of these backpack/concious emcees are street cats just with different music. Shit we all were born in the same area doing the same shit just different angles of hip hop. We shouldn't segregate ourselves and just be all under the term sacramento hip hop
yea but when it comes to the sammies , then nobody should take it serious as a real award because they dont have a real hip hop/rap catagory... we all need to agree that its fake garbage.. if the snr is afraid to have a real catagory , them they shouldnt have one at all...

Aug 7, 2006
yea but when it comes to the sammies , then nobody should take it serious as a real award because they dont have a real hip hop/rap catagory... we all need to agree that its fake garbage.. if the snr is afraid to have a real catagory , them they shouldnt have one at all...
yea i feel you and agree yo. Just real quik: You, Floss, and doey rock got nominated kid.

Apr 7, 2005
www.myspace.com
The 18th Annual SAMMIES Nominees will be listed in print in the 4/2/09 issue of the Sacramento News & Review.

SN&R will be publishing a SAMMIES nominee guide on May 14 that lists all of the nominees and all of the SAMMIES Showcases that will take place in May and June, leading up to the Awards Show and Music Festival on Saturday, June 27, 2009 in Cesar Chavez Park downtown.

Apr 7, 2005
www.myspace.com
self....I feel what you were saying in that deleted comment.

remember that show we were on with you guys, floss & jozey too??

that shit was fun as hell, and the crowd loved it.

we gotta do more shows like that within the community. even throw storytellers or bands like that in the mix.

we can definately set up a round table discussion and work on getting this scene here truly unified.

Aug 4, 2005
www.flossalini.com
Oh shit... look again, I got nominated in 3 catagories. ok ya'll I think the unity is coming along nice if me and C-dubb got nominated. It's dubbs second year so the voice of the streets is getting recognition. i currently have a CD review in the current SNR now so I aint complaining. It takes tragedy before triumph at times and I'm willing to take a few shots for the team ( No HOMO) and go to bat for the unification. i was just talking to Mahtie bush bout if either of us win we hitting the stage like its the Source awards.

To keep it 100, I dont even battle rap but I entered a battle and I'm going up against Chase Moore who is favored among the back pack rap/ political/ Real Hip-Hop heads. I'm the odd man out the bunch and it's so much speculation surrounding that alone. I'm willing to go out there and get out of my element but also embrace my inner b-boy in order to do so. Congrats to all the nominees and may the bast man/men/ women win. it's a new day Sacramento, and tomorrow is right around the corner and that could be better.