S.L.R QUESTION..

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
www.streetlevelrecords.com
tadou said:

Of course ive heard of it....but there isnt much to recoup when you dont front your artists any money!!!!! (youll have to excuse me, im hyped from the 9ers game, hahahaha!!!)
So.......

Beats are free?
Studio time is free?
Mastering is free?
Features are free?
Graphics are free?
Flyers are free?
Posters are free?
Magazine ads are free?
CD printing is free?
Release parties are free?
Press kits are free?
Mailing shit is free?
Photo shoots are free?
Film processing is free?
Snippet CD's are free?
Premium Artist Mp3.com pages are free?
Websites are free?
T-Shirts are free?
Trips out of town are free?
Office supplies are free?
10,000 more things that I don't feel like listing are free?

ALL OF THAT SHIT I just listed are recoupable costs related to album releases. Get it now dumbfuck Doofy?

Do us all a favor and quit following in Syko's footsteps by making yourself look even fuckin' dumber everytime you open that pathetic mouth of yours. :confused:

May 4, 2002
ohh boy Drama in the street level studio again im sure he got some dope ass flows written
while he was away

and if anybody cares here is my two cents. Yes J-Dub is dope he has always been one of
my favorites but if he dogged you/lefted your lable once he will always be willing to leave again..

DAK iller

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Mr. D-Sane said:

Yeah right. Let me get my Honey Comb Hideout decoder ring out and see if I can decipher all that mumbo jumbo he calls "lyrics." BLAABALABLABABABLABABLABLABAL GREEDY BD BLABALALBALABABALBALABABL GETTIN' GREEDY BLBALBALABABALBALBABLALA

actually.....you can understand everything he says......it's just really fast......it's actually a pretty tight album.....

Apr 25, 2002
Sixxness said:

actually.....you can understand everything he says......it's just really fast......it's actually a pretty tight album.....

thats why i cant wait to get it....everytime i listen to that shit, im gonna smoke, just so what he says comes alittle clear or not at all :cheeky:

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
There's gonna be a lot of sick albums comin out soon.....did self tightld drop yet? i remember someone telling me it did.....??

Apr 25, 2002
^lmao....explained with a picture....good shit

basically, D-Sane is right. when you spend money making an album and all that coems alogn with it, your diggin $ out your hole, so YOU (record label, CEO, manager, artist, whoever PAYS for it to coem together) are breakin bread for it....now once you have a product ready for sale, once it sells enuff and earns back the money (to the correct amount of each individual who broke bread, depending on contracts, etc.) that was speant during the process, then comes the gettin paid.....BUT!!!!! youre only gonna get paid if you sell CDs AFTER you sell the amount needed to recoup what you put in. so you better get out there and hustle/promote your ass off if you wanna see soem decent chedder.

as far as frontin money to the artists.....HAAAAA....thats silly......silly, silly doofy

and shit, id rather have 300 CDs then $0....lets do some math here....300 CDs....$10 a pop..... 3 G's!!!! even $5 a pop....$1500!!!! still damn good for an INDIE ARTIST (key word here people....better be Captain Hustle if you wanna break above that classification)

Apr 25, 2002
oh, but D-Sane....im also lookin foreward to the new BD album...im just wonderin who he'll get mad at if he doesnt recoup or make the cash he thought he would...i personally think hes tight tho, i dig the speed ball rappin

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
www.streetlevelrecords.com
DeluzioN said:
im just wonderin who he'll get mad at if he doesnt recoup or make the cash he thought he would...
I am sooooooooooo lookin' forward to the day when this happens. I WANT him to put out an album.....and we'll see how far he gets with it. And when things don't go like he thought they would......maybe he'll come back and apologize for being a dipshit all these years? Probably not though.....he'll just be more mad because I was right and I told him so! lol