S.L.R QUESTION..

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

tadou

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
Some wanted to invest all profits into the label; Some wanted to get paid. And It didnt add up.

(And nobody whine about my opinion, please. Nobody bitches when other people have their opinions on why the Roman Empire fell!)

May 10, 2002
Everybody thought that you would drop an album...and the week after you would end up bein on "MTV Cribs"...muthafuckas didnt understand the game...and tried to blame someone else for thier pipe-dreams...

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
www.streetlevelrecords.com
The only person that REALLY left is Syko.....and that's because he got brainwashed by all the other people (mainly BD) that got dropped like a bad habit.

Drama & YG Red are in prison....due out next year. Drama will be coming back to SLR when he gets out since everybody tried to pin a snitch jacket on him (EXCEPT me).....but come to find out it was YG Red that snitched. Drama says "fuck everybody since they said fuck me." YG Red is just fucked in the game.

Brazy got dropped....Smoke got dropped.....BD got dropped....J Dub got dropped.....Byrdie got dropped......Madd Dogg is disputable - he says he left....I say he was dropped....either way we don't work together anymore. J Dub wants to come back to SLR and has been calling me......but I haven't decided what I'm gonna do yet.

I have a problem with people who have their priorities fucked up and don't know what loyalty means.

mo-x

Sicc OG
May 4, 2002
www.unknownterritoryrecords.com
Mr. D-Sane said:
the only thing in life that matters when it comes to relationships. if you're loyal you will never try to fuck me over in any way. that's being a real man. it's too bad there aren't alot of loyal down ass people around. i can only think of a few, less than 10 cats who are loyal to me. that's tough.

Apr 25, 2002
thanks for fillin us in D....its just to bad, everything went down the way it did

Mr. D-Sane said:
J Dub wants to come back to SLR and has been calling me......but I haven't decided what I'm gonna do yet

hmmm, i think with him being one of my favorite artists, you'd kno what id say :classic:....but what i say has nothing to do with any decision making

Apr 25, 2002
Devilish Scheme said:
also, ive always been woundering....why did Mr. Villian leave
I know that answer but i've leave him to speak on it, i think people made some false accusations it was just a fucked up situation.

tadou

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
Ok, this loyalty stuff is cool and all....but its all B.S., and you'd hear the same exact thing from the other side.

Again...not trying to start beef...but it seems to me like cats wanted the physical CASH in their hand, no matter HOW much it was (1000, 2000...), to be able to do whatever the fuck THEY wanted with; rather than putting any and every penny behind the next releases...not CD's, but CASH. Tadou's opinion is that the CD's were a way of saying "FUCK YOU, THE CASH IS MINE, SELL THESE CDS AND GET YOURS..."

And if (when?) im wrong...then whats the REAL scoop? Cuz Loyalty aint it...Maybe some of these other "fans" will go for it, but i aint fallin for it......... :confused:

May 10, 2002
tadou said:
Ok, this loyalty stuff is cool and all....but its all B.S., and you'd hear the same exact thing from the other side.

Again...not trying to start beef...but it seems to me like cats wanted the physical CASH in their hand, no matter HOW much it was (1000, 2000...), to be able to do whatever the fuck THEY wanted with; rather than putting any and every penny behind the next releases...not CD's, but CASH. Tadou's opinion is that the CD's were a way of saying "FUCK YOU, THE CASH IS MINE, SELL THESE CDS AND GET YOURS..."

And if (when?) im wrong...then whats the REAL scoop? Cuz Loyalty aint it...Maybe some of these other "fans" will go for it, but i aint fallin for it......... :confused:
Youre kinda right...but have you ever heard of "re-coupment"?Exactly...Artists dont quite understand what that means...can anyone explain what this means?Youll get a gold star if you do!

Nov 30, 2002
Mr. D-Sane said:
The only person that REALLY left is Syko.....and that's because he got brainwashed by all the other people (mainly BD) that got dropped like a bad habit.

Drama & YG Red are in prison....due out next year. Drama will be coming back to SLR when he gets out since everybody tried to pin a snitch jacket on him (EXCEPT me).....but come to find out it was YG Red that snitched. Drama says "fuck everybody since they said fuck me." YG Red is just fucked in the game.

Brazy got dropped....Smoke got dropped.....BD got dropped....J Dub got dropped.....Byrdie got dropped......Madd Dogg is disputable - he says he left....I say he was dropped....either way we don't work together anymore. J Dub wants to come back to SLR and has been calling me......but I haven't decided what I'm gonna do yet.
in my opinion YG Red= whack, B.D.=whack, Smoke Dog=whack... i know my opinion doesnt means hit... but i would've kept Byrdie, J-Dub (get him back!!lol), brazy, and madd dogg... they all have good lyrics/voices... get them back and i think you'd have a strong roster if they keep their goals straight.. and know who to trust.. and not try to take advantage of what you're giving them

be sure to get drama back though...lol he's coo too

pz

tadou

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
Purebred Hogg said:

Youre kinda right...but have you ever heard of "re-coupment"?Exactly...Artists dont quite understand what that means...can anyone explain what this means?Youll get a gold star if you do!
Of course ive heard of it....but there isnt much to recoup when you dont front your artists any money!!!!! (youll have to excuse me, im hyped from the 9ers game, hahahaha!!!)

CEOs take on the burdon of recoupment...and unless your artists each own a share of the company, they aint got SHIT to do with it!!!!!

Artists expect to get paid CASH for their effort....NOT cd's! Bottom line!!! Whether its before, after, or DURING recoupment, PAY THE MEN!!!!

OH YEAH....GIANTS SUCK!!!!!!! :eek:

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
www.streetlevelrecords.com
Doofy........you are next on my list of banishments. Syko is gone......and will soon suffer the same fate.

You don't know JACK SHIT about the business.....so shut your pie hole Howard Cosell.

The business:

If $10,000 is spent on an album.....$10,000 must be made back. NOBODY makes a dime until this happens. Once it happens.....for every dollar that comes in....it's split percentage-wise.

The IK album has not and probably never will recoup......but I gave BD 300 CD's to sell and make some money with. Which would you rather have Doofy? $0.........or 300 CD's to sell?

I think the choice is clear. Now shut the fuck up and get off my nutz acting like you know some shit about the music business.....because the fact is....YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT.

Apr 25, 2002
Mr. D-Sane said:

Yeah right. Let me get my Honey Comb Hideout decoder ring out and see if I can decipher all that mumbo jumbo he calls "lyrics." BLAABALABLABABABLABABLABLABAL GREEDY BD BLABALALBALABABALBALABABL GETTIN' GREEDY BLBALBALABABALBALBABLALA
LMFAO