Royce Da 5'9" - Success Is certain

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 24, 2006
New Album next month, August 9th, just seen this track on youtube, and his post thru twitter/FB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-b6N3mCdwQ

No. Title Producer(s)
1. "Legendary" (featuring Travis Barker) Eminem, Travis Barker
2. "Writer's Block" (featuring Eminem) StreetRunner, Sarom
3. "Merry Go Round"
4. "Where My Money" 3:14
5. "ER" (featuring Kid Vishis)
6. "On The Boulevard" (featuring Nottz & Adonis) Nottz
7. "I Ain't Coming Down"
8. "Security"
9. "Second Place" DJ Premier 3:46
10. "My Own Planet" (featuring Joe Budden) Mr. Porter 3:36
11. "I've Been Up I've Been Down"

Nov 7, 2006
^^^oh it's count's sidekick to chime in just to chime in. i knew you would post. but you seein what this kid's sayin? i've been a true royce fan forever and nothing changes so much, he's always been a lyrical beast and he still is. this kid is hating for no reason. but it's whatever haters gonna hate i guess.

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
^^^oh it's count's sidekick to chime in just to chime in. i knew you would post. but you seein what this kid's sayin? i've been a true royce fan forever and nothing changes so much, he's always been a lyrical beast and he still is. this kid is hating for no reason. but it's whatever haters gonna hate i guess.

His newer material on Shady doesn't sound like Street Hop, or anything before that. It sounds too polished, and less lyrical IMO. I've been listening to Royce since the first Bad Meets Evil track, always liked his style. I personally think Crooked I is the best thing Shady has right now though. He is on another level, past Royce, and Em.

Not gonna lie, I'm definitely gonna check out this album though.

Nov 7, 2006
^^^see your speaking logical so i can dig that and i agree to some point. but that new song sounded like street hop to me. i think Bad Meets Evil cd was just a style for that cd. and yeah Crooked I is the best thing shady's got and the sad thing is he will probably get the least amount of shine out of all of them. but i like them all so i cant wait to hear anything they got coming.

Apr 2, 2010
^^^spoken like a person who doesnt listen to every song lol. we get it count you hate the new shady shit, just move on already.
Whens the last time he made a song with substance and meaning?

He went from

To having lyrics like
"You've been warned if you've been born or if you conform
Slap up a cop and then snatch 'im out of his uniform
Leave him wit' his socks, hard bottoms and bloomers on
And hang him by his balls from the horn of a unicorn"

What the fuck happened to him? smh
Yeah, quite lyrical there. What I said if you were actually taking the time to read was "He is trying TOO HARD to be lyrical" not that he actually is, hes just forcing his rhymes and sounding like a retard.

idc where he goes from here, you can't bounce back after having a line like that. And give me a single dope line from the "Second Place" song..

Then again I didn't listen to the whole thing because I got bored after the first verse when I heard nothing good.

Nov 7, 2006
Whens the last time he made a song with substance and meaning?

He went from

To having lyrics like
"You've been warned if you've been born or if you conform
Slap up a cop and then snatch 'im out of his uniform
Leave him wit' his socks, hard bottoms and bloomers on
And hang him by his balls from the horn of a unicorn"

What the fuck happened to him? smh
Yeah, quite lyrical there. What I said if you were actually taking the time to read was "He is trying TOO HARD to be lyrical" not that he actually is, hes just forcing his rhymes and sounding like a retard.

idc where he goes from here, you can't bounce back after having a line like that. And give me a single dope line from the "Second Place" song..

Then again I didn't listen to the whole thing because I got bored after the first verse when I heard nothing good.
again like i already stated is royce is different on bad meets evil for a reason. he's trying to say crazy shit and granted i like it some may not. but his last album had just as much and if not more substance on it than any other royce album that came before it. like i said, spoken like a person who doesnt even listen to his shit.

oh yeah and since you asked last time he made a song with meaning and substance was actually bad meets evil cd, then after that was street hop so yeah you have no idea what you're talking about.

Apr 2, 2010
I've listened to every Royce album including his mixtapes, what are you talking about? I've been a big fan of his for over 5 years now but hes washed up, it is what it is.

The man had a good run..Hes definitely in a better spot than he was years ago when he was selling verses for 1g to people on myspace lol.

Nov 7, 2006
^^^but he's far from washed up and he still has crazy raps that has substance. i think you're just butthurt cause he's back with eminem. i mean you show a whole song then compare it to one verse royce done recently and you think thats a good comparison? face it your just a hater and nothing i say and prove will change that so it's whatever.

Apr 2, 2010
Your assuming too much, I can care less about Eminem since I didn't even bring him into the conversation with Royce.

I am still waiting on you to post one good line in that song.

Nov 7, 2006
i'll just list some good songs, i tried doing posting videos but dont know how to lol

Gun Harmonizing
Dinner Time
Far Away
Street Hop 2010
On The Run
Murder
Part Of Me

Welcome To Hell
Fastlane
The Reunion
Lighters
Take From Me
Living Proof

i mean all those songs he atleast has good lyrics on and shows he's not washed up by any means. compare those to old royce and it will show that he hasnt changed much at all and still does what he always did. i just dont see what the fuck your talking about but listen to any of those songs and if you dont think it sounds like royce has always sounded like then your lying to yourself.

Jan 24, 2006
yeh there are quite a few tracks he has done with substance recently, and they are usually tracks where he is by himself and doesnt have to try and outshine Em, or Slaughterhouse. I'm not saying he is outshining them when he does but i do appreciate the lyrics he bringing to the table. Either way, this is just a quick release of an album so he fulfills his contract so he can sign to Shady.