ron paul 2008

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2005
VOTE FOR RON PAUL 2008

Congressman Ron Paul, the leading advocate for freedom in our nation's capital, is running for the Republican nomination for president. I'm working to gather support for his campaign. Please consider supporting Congressman Ron Paul.

Here is Ron Paul's stance on the issues in his words. look him up on youtube for his debate footage where he punks guliani and others.

Debt and Taxes
Working Americans like lower taxes. So do I. Lower taxes benefit all of us, creating jobs and allowing us to make more decisions for ourselves about our lives.

Whether a tax cut reduces a single mother’s payroll taxes by $40 a month or allows a business owner to save thousands in capital gains taxes and hire more employees, that tax cut is a good thing. Lower taxes allow more spending, saving, and investing which helps the economy – that means all of us.

Real conservatives have always supported low taxes and low spending.

But today, too many politicians and lobbyists are spending America into ruin. We are nine trillion dollars in debt as a nation. Our mounting government debt endangers the financial future of our children and grandchildren. If we don’t cut spending now, higher taxes and economic disaster will be in their future – and yours.

In addition, the Federal Reserve, our central bank, fosters runaway debt by increasing the money supply – making each dollar in your pocket worth less. The Fed is a private bank run by unelected officials who are not required to be open or accountable to “we the people.”

Worse, our economy and our very independence as a nation is increasingly in the hands of foreign governments such as China and Saudi Arabia, because their central banks also finance our runaway spending.

We cannot continue to allow private banks, wasteful agencies, lobbyists, corporations on welfare, and governments collecting foreign aid to dictate the size of our ballooning budget. We need a new method to prioritize our spending. It’s called the Constitution of the United States.

American Independence and Sovereignty
So called free trade deals and world governmental organizations like the International Criminal Court (ICC), NAFTA, GATT, WTO, and CAFTA are a threat to our
independence as a nation. They transfer power from our government
to unelected foreign elites.

The ICC wants to try our soldiers as war criminals. Both the WTO and CAFTA could force Americans to get a doctor’s prescription to take herbs and vitamins. Alternative treatments could be banned.
The WTO has forced Congress to change our laws, yet we still face trade wars. Today, France is threatening to have U.S. goods taxed throughout Europe. If anything, the WTO makes trade relations worse by giving foreign competitors a new way to attack U.S. jobs.

NAFTA’s superhighway is just one part of a plan to erase the borders between the U.S. and Mexico, called the North American Union. This spawn of powerful special interests, would create a single nation out of Canada, the U.S. and Mexico, with a new unelected bureaucracy and money system. Forget about controlling immigration under this scheme.

And a free America, with limited, constitutional government, would be gone forever.

Let’s not forget the UN. It wants to impose a direct tax on us. I successfully fought this move in Congress last year, but if we are going to stop ongoing attempts of this world government body to tax us, we will need leadership from the White House.

We must withdraw from any organizations and trade deals that infringe upon the freedom and independence of the United States of America.

War and Foreign Policy
The war in Iraq was sold to us with false information. The area is more dangerous now than when we entered it. We destroyed a regime hated by our direct enemies, the jihadists, and created thousands of new recruits for them. This war has cost more than 3,000 American lives, thousands of seriously wounded, and hundreds of billions of dollars. We must have new leadership in the White House to ensure this never happens again.

Both Jefferson and Washington warned us about entangling ourselves in the affairs of other nations. Today, we have troops in 130 countries. We are spread so thin that we have too few troops defending America. And now, there are new calls for a draft of our young men and women.

We can continue to fund and fight no-win police actions around the globe, or we can refocus on securing America and bring the troops home. No war should ever be fought without a declaration of war voted upon by the Congress, as required by the Constitution.

Under no circumstances should the U.S. again go to war as the result of a resolution that comes from an unelected, foreign body, such as the United Nations.

Too often we give foreign aid and intervene on behalf of governments that are despised. Then, we become despised. Too often we have supported those who turn on us, like the Kosovars who aid Islamic terrorists, or the Afghan jihads themselves, and their friend Osama bin Laden. We armed and trained them, and now we’re paying the price.

At the same time, we must not isolate ourselves. The generosity of the American people has been felt around the globe. Many have thanked God for it, in many languages. Let us have a strong America, conducting open trade, travel, communication, and diplomacy with other nations.

Border Security and Immigration Reform

The talk must stop. We must secure our borders now. A nation without secure borders is no nation at all. It makes no sense to fight terrorists abroad when our own front door is left unlocked. This is my six point plan:

1. Physically secure our borders and coastlines. We must do whatever it takes to control entry into our country before we undertake complicated immigration reform proposals.
2. Enforce visa rules. Immigration officials must track visa holders and deport anyone who overstays their visa or otherwise violates U.S. law. This is especially important when we recall that a number of 9/11 terrorists had expired visas.
3. No amnesty. Estimates suggest that 10 to 20 million people are in our country illegally. That’s a lot of people to reward for breaking our laws.
4. No welfare for illegal aliens. Americans have welcomed immigrants who seek opportunity, work hard, and play by the rules. But taxpayers should not pay for illegal immigrants who use hospitals, clinics, schools, roads, and social services.
5. End birthright citizenship. As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be citizens, the incentive to enter the U.S. illegally will remain strong.
6. Pass true immigration reform. The current system is incoherent and unfair. But current reform proposals would allow up to 60 million more immigrants into our country, according to the Heritage Foundation. This is insanity. Legal immigrants from all countries should face the same rules and waiting periods.

Privacy and Personal Liberty
The biggest threat to your privacy is the government. We must drastically limit the ability of government to collect and store data regarding citizens’ personal matters.

We must stop the move toward a national ID card system. All states are preparing to issue new driver’s licenses embedded with “standard identifier” data – a national ID. A national ID with new tracking technologies means we’re heading into an Orwellian world of no privacy. I voted against the Real ID Act in March of 2005.

To date, the privacy focus has been on identity theft. It was Congress
that created this danger by mandating use of the standard identifier (currently your SSN) in the private sector. For example, banks use SSNs as customer account identifiers because the government requires it.

We must also protect medical privacy. Right now, you’re vulnerable. Under so-called "medical privacy protection" rules, insurance companies and other entities have access to your personal medical information.

Financial privacy? Right now depositing $10,000 in your local bank will generate a “suspicious activity report” to the federal government.

And then there’s the so-called Patriot Act. As originally proposed,

* Expanded the federal government's ability to use wiretaps without judicial oversight;
* Allowed nationwide search warrants non-specific to any given location, nor subject to any local judicial oversight;
* Made it far easier for the government to monitor private internet usage;
* Authorized “sneak and peek” warrants enabling federal authorities to search a person’s home, office, or personal property without that person’s knowledge; and
* Required libraries and bookstores to turn over records of books read by their patrons.

I have fought this fight for many years. I sponsored a bill to overturn the Patriot Act and have won some victories, but today the threat to your liberty and privacy is very real. We need leadership at the top that will prevent Washington from centralizing power and private data about our lives.

Property Rights and Eminent Domain
We must stop special interests from violating property rights and literally driving families from their homes, farms and ranches.

Our country’s founders would roll over in their graves if they saw the takings clause in the Fifth Amendment used to justify booting people out of their homes for the profit of private developers and tax-hungry local governments. The Supreme Court’s Kelo decision said government power could be used to condemn private homes and churches to benefit a huge pharmaceutical corporation and a large property developer.

Today, we face a new threat of widespread eminent domain actions as a result of powerful interests who want to build a NAFTA superhighway through the United States from Mexico to Canada.

We also face another danger in regulatory takings: Through excess regulation, governments deprive property owners of significant value and use of their properties – all without paying “just compensation.”

Property rights are the foundation of all rights in a free society. Without the right to own a printing press, for example, freedom of the press becomes meaningless. The next president must get federal agencies out of these schemes to deny property owners their constitutional rights to life, liberty, and property.

Sep 25, 2005
I agree with most of his ideas except for the immigration stance and "lower taxes all-around". It seems like he doesn't really understand economy.

Apr 25, 2002
I'm bored so I'll touch on a bit of this crap:

Lower taxes benefit all of us, creating jobs and allowing us to make more decisions for ourselves about our lives.
Not necessarily. Usually the opposite is true.

business owner to save thousands in capital gains taxes and hire more employees
Doesn’t happen often.

Lower taxes allow more spending, saving, and investing which helps the economy
Not necessarily.

– that means all of us.
No it doesn’t.

But today, too many politicians and lobbyists are spending America into ruin. We are nine trillion dollars in debt as a nation. Our mounting government debt endangers the financial future of our children and grandchildren. If we don’t cut spending now, higher taxes and economic disaster will be in their future – and yours.
Cutting spending and cutting taxes does not pay down the debt.

NAFTA’s superhighway is just one part of a plan to erase the borders between the U.S. and Mexico, called the North American Union.
No it isn’t. NAFTA’s existence depends on and its intended goal is to keep the countries quite separate. Xenophobia anyone?

Let’s not forget the UN. It wants to impose a direct tax on us. I successfully fought this move in Congress last year, but if we are going to stop ongoing attempts of this world government body to tax us, we will need leadership from the White House.
The U.S. reaps the benefits of UN membership/leadership/ownership every day, yet we pay less than our fare share.

Both Jefferson and Washington warned us about entangling ourselves in the affairs of other nations.
Barbary War anyone? I’d prefer a president that didn’t overly glorify our past and had at least some understanding of it.

No war should ever be fought without a declaration of war voted upon by the Congress, as required by the Constitution.
Congress abdicated that power years ago. Congress had their chance again this time around and instead they let Bush have his war.

Too often we have supported those who turn on us, like the Kosovars who aid Islamic terrorists
again: I’d prefer a president that didn’t overly glorify our past and had at least some understanding of it.

At the same time, we must not isolate ourselves.
Someone needs to make up their mind and develop a cohesive platform. This dude is either an isolationist or he’s not, but he doesn’t seem to be concerned with making up his mind.

Through excess regulation
He spends paragraphs talking about the need for regulation on businesses then contradicts himself saying regulation is bad.

Property rights are the foundation of all rights in a free society.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

May 9, 2002
ColdBlooded said:
No it isn’t. NAFTA’s existence depends on and its intended goal is to keep the countries quite separate. Xenophobia anyone?
I think the whole point of the "superhighway" is to bend NAFTA. The US wants what Europe has going: All one union with one currency and open borders.

NAFTA Super-Highways
"What is objectionable is the plan to form a European Union-style North American Super-Highway system whose primary goal is to establish trilateral links for the open passage of freight transportation and the virtually unrestrained 'migration' of people among the three countries. Building NAFTA Super-Highways that effectively erase the U.S. borders with Mexico and Canada is a concern, especially if the NAFTA Super-Highways contribute to accomplishing in a de facto manner the integration of the United States into a North American Union, thereby threatening the currently established sovereignty of the United States," Corsi wrote June 30, 2006.

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=North_American_Union

I used to have a link showing the map of what they want the superhighway to look like and what cities they ran through, but I deleted the link from My Favroties becuase I didnt think I needed it anymore...I guess I should have kept it.

Will this ever happen? Maybe. But it has been presented as a "plan" in 2005, or a rendition of a "union" between US, Canada, and Mexcio.

Apr 25, 2002
Jesse fuckin' Rice said:
I think the whole point of the "superhighway" is to bend NAFTA. The US wants what Europe has going: All one union with one currency and open borders.

What would make you think the U.S. would realistically want this (political union, unified currency, etc)? Why would a highway system for transit of goods constitute a political union or currency union? Why would such a system require unrestricted migration of people? Does our interstate system erase state borders? Do our current transportation systems between Canada and Mexico erase our national borders?

May 9, 2002
ColdBlooded said:
What would make you think the U.S. would realistically want this (political union, unified currency, etc)?
Do I look like a congressmen? A president? Ask them, they are the ones that had the idea..not me.

Why would a highway system for transit of goods constitute a political union or currency union?
See above.

Why would such a system require unrestricted migration of people?
Who says its a requirement? All it says is that it would open borders.

Does our interstate system erase state borders?
You can stil have states in a union.

Do our current transportation systems between Canada and Mexico erase our national borders?
Define erase.

Feb 8, 2006
North American Union is real, and those elite fucks are pushing day by day on the issue with the media turning a blind eye. Obviously that would piss people off so they don't report about it.

Feb 8, 2006
ColdBlooded said:
Break out the tin foil fellas.
Milwaukee must suck to live in. Hey at least the Brewers are doing well. So integrating with other countries is no problem for you? Changing the currency if that happens is of no concern for you? Spiderman 3 sucking pissed you off didn't it?

Apr 25, 2002
The U.S isn't changing its currency. There is no North American Union. There isn't a one continent political system. And there isn't any realistic proposition of any of this happening soon. It must be hard for you to see people openly point out how foolish your baseless conspiracies are. Put down the pipe and come back to the real world.

Nov 21, 2005
www.revver.com
Yes Ron Paul for President in 08.

And I hope you all know Bush already signed Agreements with Canada and Mexico for a North American Union. This is a fact.
Its called the SPP.

Also They do want open borders. And their goal is to change the dollar to the Amero. This has already been admited.

They also want give control of the NAU to the Banks and Corporations to set up a dictatorship. The New World Order.

The good thing is states have already passed resolutions to block the North American Union. As well as states who have declared independence of the REAL ID act.

The REAL ID ACT is real. They want to issue National Id Cards to control people in the North American Union.

Ron Paul Must be elected. Because all other candidates are for the North American Union. If this happens all freedoms and rights (what we have left of them) In the US will be gone.

HERE IS THE INFO: Reported on the NEWS!

This is not, and was never a conspiracy. If you read CFR documents you would know all this 10 years ago.

North American Union Reports:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T74VA3xU0EA

Here is a report on the Amero Currency Plan:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hiPrsc9g98

North American NightMare:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tg8suvwS3o

They have this planned to have this done by
2010!

You all need to learn about this.

Ron Paul is the only that will stop this.

May 9, 2002
ColdBlooded said:
The U.S isn't changing its currency. There is no North American Union. There isn't a one continent political system. And there isn't any realistic proposition of any of this happening soon. It must be hard for you to see people openly point out how foolish your baseless conspiracies are. Put down the pipe and come back to the real world.
Europe did it, why cant North America?

May 9, 2002
ColdBlooded said:
When was the last time "Europe did it" was cause for Americans to do anything but the opposite of what Europe did?
You act like Britain and the US aint buddies...cmon man, seriously...

THe point is...it HAS been done and CAN happen again. You make it sound like this union thing is from some cheap B sci-fi movie on at 4 am in the morning. It HAS happened and CAN happen again. Do you get it now?

Apr 25, 2002
The brits have a matriarchal monarchy too. "Oh shit, it has happened before, watch out everyone the U.S. is going to have a Queen soon! Seriously, Bush approved it! "

I don't think a North American Union is going to happen in the next 25+ years because the U.S. has no need (now or in the near future) for it to happen. What's good for Europe (debatable if EU is good) is not always good for the U.S. and vice versa.