Rock the Bells lineup

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Sony

Sicc OG
Nov 3, 2005
LA Times said:
Public Enemy added to Rock the Bells fest lineup
The hip hop group will join Rage Against the Machine and Wu Tang Clan at the August event.
By Geoff Boucher, Times Staff Writer
March 26, 2007

Rock the Bells, the hip-hop festival scheduled for Aug. 11 in San Bernardino, already had a head for history with Rage Against the Machine and Wu Tang Clan leading the bill, and now organizers say that the rap pioneers of Public Enemy will also be on stage, celebrating their 20th anniversary of recording their rhymes with a reason.

The festival, at the National Orange Show Events Center, is shaping up as one of most staggering rap rosters in memory with two stages that will also feature Cypress Hill, the Roots, Mos Def, EPMD, the Coup, MF DOOM, Jedi Mind Trick, Murs and Sage Francis.

"It's a historic lineup," said Chang Weisberg, founder of Guerilla Union, the festival organizers. "To have Rage come back right now, where the country is politically, and be on the same bill with the Wu Tang Clan, it's a moment that represents the possibilities of hip-hop."

The festival will also hit Randall's Island in New York City on July 28 and McCovey's Parking Lot (near AT&T Park) in San Francisco on Aug. 18. That San Francisco show will have Nas as an added headliner; he will join Wu Tang on 15 more Rock the Bells dates in other cities to be announced soon, but Rage will not be part of that extended run.

For Rage, the Rock the Bells bookings extends their limited reunion run (they will close the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival on April 29) and stokes fans' hope of new music and future touring. The signature L.A. band split in 2000 after creating a bracing and political blend of metal, funk and rap.

The Clan, meanwhile, will be performing off of "8 Diagrams," the upcoming album that is the first new music from the esteemed New York rap collective since "Iron Flag" in 2001. By all accounts, it was the Wu Tang reunion at Rock the Bells last year that set the stage for that album.

In the 1990s, Wu Tang elevated hip-hop artistry and personality and Rage added political charge to the music scene — Public Enemy did both and did it first. The group formed early in the 1980s in Long Island, N.Y., and their 1987 album debut, "Yo! Bum Rush the Show," began a searing presence on the rap scene.

Tickets for all shows go on sale March 31. For details check www.rockthebells.net.

[email protected]
I read this on the RTB board. The OP also posted this:

t00lband525 said:
Nas, Wu, Rage, Roots, DOOM & Mos to Rock The Bells

March 24th, 2007 | Author: J-23

Last year Guerilla Union blew peoples minds with a Wu-Tang reunion at Rock The Bells, this year the massive 3 city festival will feature a reuniting Rage Against The Machine and a line up of rappers of epic proportions.

Adding a New York City show to the annual California festival, the shows will take place on July 28th in at Randall's Island in NYC, August 11st at NOS Center in San Bernadino and August 18th in San Francisco at McCovey's Parking Lot.

So check the line up...deep breath...Rage Against The Machine, Wu-Tang Clan, Nas, The Roots, EPMD, Cypress Hill, Mos Def, Pharoahe Monch, MF DOOM, Sage Francis, Immortal Technique, The Coup, Jedi Mind Tricks. Oh, entand can't forget special guests Public Enemy.

That's not it though, on the Independent Stage is Slug and Murs, Brother Ali, Living Legends, Cage, Mr. Lif, Grouch and Eligh, Blueprint, Hanger 18, and Lucky I Am.

Hosting the day will be Supernatural, Rahzel, and Hi-Tek

As always, the good people at Guerilla Union have a few surprises up their sleeve.
So it looks like it will be hosted on two stages, which will kinda suck since if you get up front and want to see someone on the other stage you lose your spot.

I wonder if Jus Allah will rock with Paz and Stoupe?

Nov 7, 2006
i got my tickets in today for the NY show. shits gonna be nice. cant wait to see Rage live. never seen them. i already seen everybody else thats there i wanted to see

Nov 27, 2006
andrizzaayy said:
damn. i heard it was HELLA hot last year at the concord show.
yea dogg for real, it was fuckin bakin out there. A bottle of water was like 4 bucks too. im tellin yall the shit is not worth how much it costs

Dec 2, 2005
Well it's in the McCovey Cove (or however u spell it) lot in SF...so i think it'll be a lil cooler...cuz concord forever burns in the summer...

Nov 7, 2006
All i know instead of nas performin at the new york show it will be Pharoahe Monch and nas will be at the rest. WTF is this shit. hes from new york and he wont be at that shizzle. kinda makes me upset but it dont really matter cuz im seein him april 14th and 15th