Robbie Williams bitin' Tech

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 8, 2002
www.techn9nehq.com
difference between Robbie Williams and Tech is.....he can say that and people can download his music......but he will still have $120 Million dollars for making shitty pop albums.....Tech on the otherhand depends on album sales. He can talk all he wants about supporting file sharing....but i doubt he really cares about it. Not like Tech.

Nick

Aug 8, 2002
www.techn9nehq.com
haha.....i know right? I was downloading shit and sharing it waaaaaaay before Chuck D and them put their shit up for download.......BUT didn't Public Enemy try and CHARGE people for the mp3s? Like 5 bucks for the album or something? You would pay for it then get a code to input and get the album.

Either way.....i've been downloading music since circa 1997.

Nov 20, 2002
www.mp3.com.au
.. Tech might not have been the first to support it.. but he's the first to be so vocal about it and make a demonstration as strong as he is/has..

.. Tech's obviously getting media coverage at the moment and the others are seeing it and doing the same.. what's new?.. it's how the entertainment industry works..

Jan 16, 2003
the reason why....

the reason why the industry is always tryin to stop file sharing is because they rich greedy bastards. They won't admit that they already puttin out overpriced shitty albums and they blame it on file-sharing programs like kazaa.

First of all, file sharing is legal. It's not illegal unless you sell it for profit. Bottom line, end of story. Second of all, these bandz who also complain, like metallica did, what's the fuckin point. Metallica said once in an interview that music is their life and they just want to put music out for the fans. They lied, if everything was done for the fans, as they said, they would look at all these downloads and realize it means they don't suck. Metallica lost a shitload of fans because of what they did and lots of other artists did also. The industry is startin to go down and the only way they can get back up again is if they admit they mistakes, correct they mistakes and lower the prices. Just like tech n9ne, i've said it for madd long, fuck the industry

there's been more than enough bands that gives out free music on the websites. Tech n9ne is obvious, robbie williams is already said, then there's Ice-T, Twiztid, Coolio, Snoop Dogg, lotz of them, some of the bigger names too. I think that Tech N9ne got the most recognition for it but yo, even if Robbie Williams did bite it off Tech N9ne, isn't that what we want? We want people to realize how it should be, we want file sharing, we want the ability to download music what's the best way to promote it. If only Tech N9ne does that? nah it helps but just 1 musician ain't enough. We need more. A lot more the fact that robbie williams and others is promotin it now just means what tech n9ne is doin just may be workin

i'm out peace

skeptik

Aug 26, 2002
www.missouri.edu
Re: the reason why....

skeptikaltruth said:
First of all, file sharing is legal. It's not illegal unless you sell it for profit. Bottom line, end of story.
word, i did a report for my Speech class on Napster my freshman year in college

look up "Home Recording Act"....says you cannot record copywritten tapes and sell the for profit

it says NOTHING about recording tapes and GIVING them away. how's that any different from file sharing?

in the unlikely event that file sharing IS banned, I'll just do how I did it in the old days. borrow all my friends CD's and dub them. of course you could always buy CDs, take them home and dub them, then take it back saying it wouldn't play on any of your CD players :classic:

Jan 16, 2003
so true identity-x i'm constantly on the lookout for new websitez on the internet just in case it does happen seemz like the only place where you'll find almost any song you want and album you want (along with movies, video games and madd other shit) is those ftp networkz but you gotta do wayy too much work they want you to give them like 20 songz in order to get 1 or 2 back it'z messed up

this guy had the tech n9ne presentz the hooligans album i wanted it so i offerred the tech n9ne celcius album he's like ok, but then he expected me to wait 2 and a half hours for that shit to upload then another 2 hours to download now i wanted that shit but that'z pushin it you know?

anyway i'm out
one luv peace