RIP

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 9, 2002
Re: the YAY is dead?

goldthangs21 said:
die yourself off this board then. it would be the only logical thing to do.

Hope this isn't directed towards me. If it is then hope chulajuana isn't chula vista for your sake. Ol Lando Calrecian ass nigga.

Aug 9, 2002
Ma bad if I came at you fowl. Of course I got love for the bay. The bay set trends and fucked up the whole rap game which is tight. I know niggas that didn't know that the Luniz got niggas from other coast saying I got 5 on it. and that the word hatin came from that nor cal.

Aug 27, 2003
no sweat

i was just basically saying to whoever in general ~ it makes no sense to be wasting your time on a bay board if you do not like the bay.

i got love for all cali. i got fam all over.

peace.

Feb 19, 2003
CityDog said:
The problem with the bay is everybody talkin about the bay is dead over and over. It's bad enough wit main stream but when people from our own back yard talk that shit man it's sad. I think the bay will always be tight fuck that mutha fuckin bullshit.
Agreed. To those who cry about the Bay being "dead"--Think about this: if you hate the state of today's Bay Rap so much, what are you doing on this board? It seems to me that you're just wasting your time. Adjust to the changing times or find another form of music to get into. Maybe you're just getting old...

You say that YOU don't like the direction Bay Rap is going in because it doesn't sound like '92-'96 or whatever other reason you have. That's fine, but here's a newsflash: some people who are teenagers right now and, also, some intelligent adults who are able to adjust to changing times DO like the direction it's going in, even if it's not getting air/video play like some of the '92/'96 stuff did. Nothing personal against anyone here, just my view.

PEACE!

Apr 25, 2002
^^^Why should anyone adjust to the "changing times" when it is no where as good as the past.

Its like trading in your 1969 Camaro SS for a 2004 Hundai Accent

Just cause its current dont mean its tight.

Aug 20, 2003
www.myspace.com
Re: You want a dozen? I'll give you a dozen (or more)!

sav-man said:

Too Short--MARRIED TO THE GAME (not real Bay-ish, but still cool)

E-40--BREAKING NEWS (let it grow on you--you may be surprised)

Mac Dre--AL BOO BOO (his flow's better than it's been lately. Funny guy...)

Yukmouth--GODZILLA (Yuk shows that he can do it all here...)

JT--PROJECT POETRY (JT raps from his heart and not his wallet...)

The Done Deal Fam--MIXTAPE #1 (can't wait for more)

DEM CDS TIGHT? C'MON HOMIE U HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME.....DA BY PUTS OUT LIKE 2 TIGHT CDS A MONTH DATS BOUT IT AND DATS IF WE LUCKY ....AND DEM CD'S U JUST NAMED...HELLA BOO BOO

Oct 28, 2003
Funny shit, but the Bay ain't dead it's just in a deep ass sleep. It's new cats comin out now that don't sound like the goast of rappers past. Honestly I think that if the Bay will rise again then the old rappers that ain't tryin to revamp there style got to FUCKIN GO!! Let the new cats bring the Bay back.

Feb 19, 2003
Psilo707 said:
VSTXDJ
All of those Cd's he named are tight... lol... anyone who doesnt think Godzilla is tight just CANT like rap. And Al Boo Boo is straight quality shit..
Thank you. And again, like I said in my post, the key to liking the CDs I mentioned is NOT being stuck in the '92/'96 era. This goes for ANY era of music that you'd care to name.

For instance, the key to liking '92/'96 Bay Rap (if you were around then) would involve not being stuck in, say, the '87/'92 L.A. Rap period, because those two sounds are not the same.

And for another example, the key to liking '87/'92 L.A. Rap involves not being stuck in the early/middle '80s New York/Old School Rap period, because THOSE two sounds are not the same.

You could apply this rule to ANY period/genre of music. You can't judge '80s Hair Metal by the same standards that you would use for '70's Heavy Metal. You can't judge Chicago Blues by the standards on which you'd judge Mississippi Delta Blues...Nothing personal against anyone here, just being straightforward...

PEACE!

Aug 20, 2003
www.myspace.com
mang im sorry but i just didnt like godzilla..just cus its yuk dont mean i have to like it mang..shiet mah bad if yall gettin mad but thats just my opinion and dats what forums are for right? ...and sav so what would standards be nowadays since we are not in 96 no more...dey need to start havin platinum beats? some ol korg keyboard shiet?

Psilo707

Complete O.G.
Jun 25, 2002
Gimcheon, South Korea
www.seoulhunter.com
nah its not like that, im just saying that all of the cd's you named were liked by most of the bay area population. at least 80% liked each of those... maybe less for godzilla cause some didnt like the mainstream-ness... but overall if you dont like those cd's, then you shouldnt listen to bay area rap. i mean those cd's ARE what bay area rap is about.

Aug 18, 2002
I'm not feelin all those bigger named new releases either but check some others like NBD, Game Insane, Apt. 3, Lou-E-Lou, Papertrail Production, Pervelous P Camp, Gangsta Reese, etc......that'll let you know the scene is still true.

Jun 30, 2002
Any1 in the music industry - from majors to independents and all around - will tell you music trends fluctuate. Different styles and and tastes come in with a bang and die off slowly - many people say 95-96 was the bay's time, and perhaps it was, but it's due for another great era - mark my words.

Aug 20, 2003
www.myspace.com
mang i love bay shiet if i didnt i wouldnt be on here right?...i like da shiet L wood posted....bay shiet is all i listen to just dat dem cds dat were named werent all dat...it's coo tho eveyrbody has dey own opinion ..be safe

Jun 30, 2002
In marketing, this phenomena is called anchoring and adjusting - most people had no expectations so when 96 era came out, most of us were like ahh shit. After that, we form opinions from our perception of what we think music should sound like.

Sav-man hit it right on the nail.

with all this said, i am grateful for being able to live throught that 95-96 era

Mar 8, 2003
the bay is in a coma...just that the rest of the rap industry using our brainwaves sayin its they own...but

~~~RIP to Bay Area RAP~~

enter bay area revolution