RIP Magnolia Shorty

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Des504

destructCo.
Oct 13, 2002
louisiana
etsy.com
Former Cash Money artist Magnolia Shorty was found dead earlier today after being shot 26 times.

Former Cash Money Records artist Magnolia Shorty, né Renetta Lowe, was recently shot and killed in her native New Orleans neighborhood.

Although few details have been revealed as of yet, AllHipHop revealed that the 28-year-old rapper was found shot 26 times in a New Orleans housing projects. Q93.3 FM's DJ Wild Wayne broke the story earlier this afternoon following wild speculation on Twitter.

"If y'all haven't heard, Magnolia Shorty was killed today," he said over the airwaves. "I'm just astonished. I need to get my head together for a minute." (Spinner.com)

Magnolia Shorty, who was given her name by the late Magnolia Slim, was first featured on Juvenile's "3rd Ward Solja" off 1997's Solja Rags. Most recently, she was featured in SXSW's 2010 line-up, where she discussed her origins in rap with Spinner.

"I wanted to be a rapper. I've been rapping since I was 12 years old," said Lowe. "I was working on mix tapes and my verse while rapping at block parties. I eventually got introduced to Cash Money Records and we just went from there." (Spinner.com)
that's sad.

Aug 31, 2003
www.ebay.com
well, basically it was a "wrong place, wrong time" type of deal for her.
they was goin for her nigga who she was riding with..

there was like 55 shots.. "several armed men with automatic weapons"
This is true. They blasted her so bad they had to pay to get her face reconstructed for the funeral. Shame she was in the car..

RIP