RIP Creative Music in Frisco

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 5, 2002
www.creativemusicsf.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/CREATIVE-MUSIC-EMPORIUM/334063546550

Was planning for one last trip there before they closed at the end of the year, but never made it. Anybody on this board stop by?

All of their prices were really high when I was in there earlier this year and the selection was beyond slim. Even 50% off regular price on certain things the last two months is a markup compared to what you would pay elsewhere. Oh well, they were one of the first mom & pop record stores here in Frisco and it's a sign of the times.

Nov 20, 2007
Creative and Jones and Harris, some of my favorite spots. Iconic mom and pop stores. Just about everybody and they mamas mainstream to underground stepped foot in them. I'm definitely gonna miss these spots. Joe said he was gonna start selling online at places like eBay so he wouldn't have to worry about dealing with the high rent.

Apr 25, 2006
I caught on to creative music last year only but was glad to have at least been in that spot...you can feel the bay history in their...not too mention they had some cool tapes...IMP records on the shelf like they just came out...old school pictures of frisco rappers hangin up...sad to see it go.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Sad to see this place close but I knew it was gonna happen at some point. Loved all the pictures in there, including one of Jason Blaine (my ex's dad) with Cellski and Cougnut. Most recently I bought a few copies on tape of IMP Dogs, Joe had hella old tapes in the back.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
Thats too bad, i have alot of great memories taking the trip up there rifling through their tape cases looking for shit no one else knew about