Ring of Honor & HDNet Part Ways

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 4, 2004
RING OF HONOR, HDNET PART WAYS; ROH ON HDNET TO END THIS JANUARY
by Mike Johnson @ 10:10 PM on 1/11/2011

Ring of Honor's series with HDNet will end with the promotion's January tapings in Philadelphia,PA at the ECW Arena, PWInsider.com has confirmed. Those tapings will carry episodes on the network through April.

ROH sources categorized the split as simply the promotion's two year contract with the network ending and in an exclusive statement to PWInsider.com, ROH commented, "Ring of Honor Wrestling would like to thank HDNet for the last two years, especially those behind the scenes that made it possible every single TV taping.

While everyone had high hopes for the series, the reality seemed to be that HDNet, as a network, didn't have the brand awareness or clearances needed to really make a difference for ROH as a promotional partner. While the series produced the most in-ring wrestling per hour of any nationally televised wrestling show, it wasn't an entity that was bringing in huge numbers for either side.

That said, ROH The promotion and HDNet have not ended their business relationship, however, as they are currently in negotiations for the network to carry a potential live ROH special in 2011.

ROH sources noted that they are already free and clear to pursue a new television deal and are currently looking at least one potential new TV partner.

Following the final TV tapings in January, the promotion intends to take some time off from the Philadelphia market before returning to running regular events.

ROH on HDNet debuted in March 2009.

Dec 4, 2004
Official statement from ROH:

Ring of Honor completed its 2 year TV contract with HDNet. During this time "ROH on HDNet" fans witnessed many great matches, the introduction of the ROH Television Title, and the crowning of new tag champions, among other historical moments. HDNet will air new episodes of ROH until 4/4/11. Please continue to support ROH and watch these new shows on HDNet.

Negotiations are underway for HDNet to broadcast a live special in 2011, and we will bring you more information on that as it becomes available. Ring of Honor Wrestling would like to thank HDNet for the last two years, especially those behind the scenes that made it possible every single TV taping.

The final ROH on HDNet TV tapings are scheduled for January 21st & 22nd in Philadelphia, so come out and support ROH as we close out our weekly run on HDNet. Tickets are available here: http://www.rohstore.com/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=3.

May 4, 2002
Looks like they're setting up the KOW and ANX to feud, and the WGTT and the Briscoes will be chasing the belts still. I think that the Kings will be getting hit from all angles, but will be the champs for a few more months.

Premo

Face Scrunched Lookn Rude
Aug 1, 2004
NASWIPP. A subdivision of IKSRTFO
that dude kyle o'reilly and i forget his partners name , they had a match vs the bravados last nite .. hes pretty dope , he reminds me of a little davey richards.. they look generic as fuck as of now but theyll be sick later .

Premo

Aug 1, 2004
Looks like they're setting up the KOW and ANX to feud, and the WGTT and the Briscoes will be chasing the belts still. I think that the Kings will be getting hit from all angles, but will be the champs for a few more months.
i can see wgtt being the ones to eventually dethrone hero and claudio .

ANX will get it eventually .

the winner of briscoe/wgtt gets a title shot , it might happen then , i dont see them having a long drawn out kow/anx feud because somebody would have to turn face , and where is austin aries ..

May 4, 2002
Kyle O'Reilly is Davey Richard's protege, so the comparison is definitely warranted. I agree that O'Reilly and Cole will be a good team in the future, but they're still 23 and 21(I think) so they have some growing to do.
Austin Aries is gone from ROH. He's working for Dragon Gate USA now.

Premo

Aug 1, 2004
well their top singles wrestlers always get taken by wwe/tna . and they dont give a shit about tag teams [i dont care what tna says , they dont give a shit .] so thats smart for roh to focus on that

no offense to roderick strong but he sucks as champion , hes great in the ring but he cant talk , and that sucks for a champ seeing as how the entire show should revolve around the champ , thats why they had to add truth martini before he got the strap but you already knew all that . tyler black and austin aries held it the fuck down . when they were champ the singles division was off the hook . i think theyre gonna give the belt to homicide . davey richards is overdue but i think theyre doing this thing where he always comes so close but will never win the belt . theyre saving his title reign for some reason

May 4, 2002
The new version of the Embassy debuted at the final HDNet tapings, with Nana's new crown jewel, Tommaso Ciampa. Nana also has a new valet, and a "lawyer" in his entourage.