Richard Gere gropes Bollywood Starlet!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 4, 2003
webmedia.bcit.ca
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21566465-2,00.html

Gere, Shetty stage meeting angers Indian audienceFrom correspondents in New Delhi

SHE won hearts for her classy weathering of the racism storm that marred her stint on UK reality show Celebrity Big Brother.

But Bollywood star Shilpa Shetty yesterday faced a much greater challenge - a marauding Richard Gere.

At a New Delhi function to promote an ongoing campaign to reduce unsafe sexual practices among India's truck drivers, Gere gave her a huge on-stage hug and a kiss.

The display of affection did not go down well in India, with both stars now facing calls to apologise.

"Since truck drivers stay out of home for nearly 25 days a month, they succumb to their desires, which finally ends up in spreading HIV," said the Hollywood actor, who has been working with the campaign for the last nine years.

"This event aims at fostering partnership among diverse groups, and strengthening the commitment in the fight against AIDS."

As a result of the truck drivers' behaviour, UN agencies warn that Inida will become the centre of an AIDS pandemic within the next decade, with more than 10 million people infected.

"Write about this in papers that are read by people on the highways," said Shetty.

Some Indian officials branded the display of affection between Shetty and Gere as "obscene", which probably missed the point of the AIDS function.

C

CcytzO_Loc

lol...shit id a done more than grope her....they would a permanently banned me from New Delhi!

Feb 9, 2003
So their country is full of rampant AID's infested horny truck drivers and they got mad at a kiss and a hug? Haha.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
2-0-Sixx said:
Oh my Vishnu! Hindu's need to chill. He kissed her on the cheek, big fuckin deal. Like you wouldn't do the same the bitch is hot like curry.

True that...he didn't stick his dick in her mouth...he gave her a friendly hug and kiss on the cheek from what i gather...people are too stupid to know the different between a hug and a kiss and a suck and a fuck....at least, that's what the report makes people sound like....appologize? he's been on the campaign for 9 years, i bet most haven't been there that long...they should shut the fuck up.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
^^They top Africa? got damn....don't be fuckin nobody then until you get tested with them, see their results, and have them locked up in a room so they can't fuck anyone else and get hiv/aids...

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
2-0-Sixx said:
Yeah, well they got over a billion people living in India. Crazy, 1/6th of our total population is located there :confused:
Holy fuck...thanks for droppin the knowledge...i didn't know that. why is it that when populations get really high, there's always a problem with hiv/aids? is it really people being irresponsible, or is it something else? my thoughts tend to go towards the something else side...as in...man made diseases created for population control.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
i'm guessing the main issue is when he dipped her down and then kept kissing her while she couldn't really do anything. otherwise i don't see what the big deal is...

keep in mind, THEIR CULTURE IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than ours.