RIAA goin' after people in England (IE me)????

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
I got an IM last night on AIM from someone claimin' to be from the RIAA (yes, on AIM, weird huh?) sayin' that they been monitorin' my actions and apparently I'm a regular user of Kazaa, and they're gonna sue me. Usually I'd just laugh that off and assume it's someone havin' a laugh, but part of the IM was "we've also detected your attempts to remove KaZaa from your system" which is weird cuz I'd uninstalled it about half an hour before. So maybe it really was the RIAA.....
I'd only downloaded about 7 songs max. from there, what they goin' after me for???? Ironic ain't it, yall know how opposed I am to people downloadin' music....all the songs I downloaded were from OOP albums & albums not available in this country.
I read somewhere they wanna sue $30,000 per fuckin' song. That's $210,000. I don't have $210 let alone $210,000.

What yall reckon....RIAA bein' bitches, or some faggot kid hackin' into my shit???

Jun 13, 2002
siccness.net
Steve said:
"we've also detected your attempts to remove KaZaa from your system" which is weird cuz I'd uninstalled it about half an hour before. So maybe it really was the RIAA.....
prolly says that to every1 he tries to prank, and youre in touble when you share your files, and yea they looking 4 ppl with 1000s of files

Apr 25, 2002
sumbody played a joke on your ass fool. there'z no way in hell anyone would rely on AIM to get at it's offenders. i could IM sumone and say i've been monitoring their activities and that they've tried to remove Kazaa, that applies to a lot of people lately.

ive got Kazaa Lite, which claimz to block your IP so tha bitch ass RIAA cant track your ass down, but i dont know if that'z true or not. besidez, i dont download music anyway so fuck those fagz. i hope this causez a major decline in record salez.

RIX

Sicc OG
Dec 6, 2002
FUCK YO, MY DAD DELETED MY ENTIRE KAZAA CUZ HE AINT TRYIN TO BE FINED N SHIT, THIS SHIT SUCKS MAN, I HAD LIKE 800 SONGS ON MY SHIT, HELLA UNRELEASED SHIT TOO, WTF DO I DO NOW? WINMX IS HELLA HARD TO USE, WHO GOT SUM SUGGESTIONS FO ME?

May 14, 2003
Steve said:
I got an IM last night on AIM from someone claimin' to be from the RIAA (yes, on AIM, weird huh?) sayin' that they been monitorin' my actions and apparently I'm a regular user of Kazaa, and they're gonna sue me. Usually I'd just laugh that off and assume it's someone havin' a laugh, but part of the IM was "we've also detected your attempts to remove KaZaa from your system" which is weird cuz I'd uninstalled it about half an hour before. So maybe it really was the RIAA.....
I'd only downloaded about 7 songs max. from there, what they goin' after me for???? Ironic ain't it, yall know how opposed I am to people downloadin' music....all the songs I downloaded were from OOP albums & albums not available in this country.
I read somewhere they wanna sue $30,000 per fuckin' song. That's $210,000. I don't have $210 let alone $210,000.

What yall reckon....RIAA bein' bitches, or some faggot kid hackin' into my shit???
WELL WHEN YOU REGISTER TO KAZAA YOU REGISTER WITH AN EMAIL. IF ITS THE EMAIL YOU REGISTERED AIM WITH ALL THEY HAVE TO DO IS RUN THAT EMAIL THROUGH AIM AND YOUR SCREEN NAME COMES UP, AS FOR THEM KNOWING YOUR SONGS, KAZAA ALLOWS OTHER KAZAA USERS TO VIEW THE SONGS AND FILES (MEANING THEY WOULD KNOW YOU HAVE AIM CAUSE IT WOULD LIST IT AS ONE OF YOUR SOFTWARE FIELS) ON YOUR COMPUTER. THAT MIGHT HELP YOU, MY OPINION, IT WAS A FAKE!

balheadrix said:
FUCK YO, MY DAD DELETED MY ENTIRE KAZAA CUZ HE AINT TRYIN TO BE FINED N SHIT, THIS SHIT SUCKS MAN, I HAD LIKE 800 SONGS ON MY SHIT, HELLA UNRELEASED SHIT TOO, WTF DO I DO NOW? WINMX IS HELLA HARD TO USE, WHO GOT SUM SUGGESTIONS FO ME?
ey homie WinMX kicks the livin shit outta Kaaza, hella more userz n no leagle Bullshit 2 get caught up with....trust me just learn how 2 use it n it will work better than kaaza

----------------->>> WinMX.com

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
the thing is, they are looking for people that have downloaded over a 1000 songs, i will not begin to say how many i have dl'd. there was an article on yahoo, about a 12 year old honor student that is being sued by the RIAA. they said that they are looking to get 150,000 for each song. like looter said, i have numerous songs that people have never heard. a big thing with the songs i have dl'd too is, i have the cd's already, but i dl them to listen to them on my comp, and i have a mp3 player in my car, so it's just easier and more practical to make mp3 cd's for that reason. another thing too, if y'all get busted for dl'ing well known songs, use this excuse, i think it could work......what's the problem with downloading a song, that has a video and radio play? what's the diff. between requesting that shit on a radio station, and just pushing play. if a million people hear the song a day, what diff. does it make if you dl it? big songs with big radio play, is just a commercial for the album, why should it be a crime to dl it? that's just my take on it. it's bullshit what they are doing i think. also, if you dl'd the newer version, you are more likely to be busted by the monitoring of the RIAA. dont' worry tho steve. i think most of this is a scare tactic, and it is working. they will make a few examples, but in reality, this shit ain't gonna help the economy breaking people off for million dollar court cases, especially when most are working class doods like me and you

Apr 25, 2002
they went after a little girl who down loaded childrens songs and she didnt have thousands of songs either , the price is 20000 dollers a song , somone said in GOM forum that kazaalite++ they hide your ip adress n all that from them knowing you down load stuff or finding out who you are.

Nov 25, 2002
Well when you first installed kazaa you are an idiot if you actually registered with a real email address.....when i download somethin i move it out of my shared folder and into another one on my drive or burn it to cd...third i disable sharing of files....so i dont see any way that they could even find me unless they trace me while im in the middle of a download or somethin.....i think they prolly are bustin a few people but they mainly tryin ta scare off everybody.....