Review for The Game's 3rd Album LAX

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 19, 2005
1. L.A.X

Produced by JR Rotem

Big intro, he spits some BARS on this track talks about being gangster, very west coast bouncy production!

2. State Of Emergency feat Ice Cube

Produced by JR Rotem

Crazy beat again, very west coast, another big tune, the only thing I could have asked more for was a verse from Ice Cube - he was only on the chorus ‘California ain‘t a state it‘s an army‘(they didn’t play the whole track so he might have a verse at the end hopefully). Game has stepped his lyrics up even more so far on this album.

3. Dope Boys

Produced by 15 or Nothin’

I’m not gonna lie when I first heard this track I wasn’t impressed, but I think I must have gone mad cos this track is a BANGER! Most people would have heard this track already it’s got a very rocky feel with Travis Barker on the drums.

4. House Of Pain

Produced by Dj Toomp

This was one of the standouts for me, guitar rocky beat again. Game has definitely stepped up lyrically on this album. Another bouncy track with a load of quotables. Dj Toomp done his job with the beat!

5. Heaven

Produced by Jelly Roll

Another standout this track is serious, Game does some singing on the chorus. This could be a single for me a more introspective track than what’s been heard so far.

6. My Life feat: Lil Wayne

Produced by Cool & Dre

This is the next single, another introspective track. Talks about The Game’s struggles in his life. Very serious. Lil Wayne’s singing on the hook ‘Dear lord you took so many of my people but why havn’t you taken my life’. Beats serious as well very dark piano beat

7. Bullet Proof Diaries feat Raekwon

Produced by Jell Roll

Very funky westcoast beat. Another standout. Raekwon does his thing on this. The chorus reminds me of the Ruff Ryders ’World War 3’ track - ‘Where you from, New York’…………BIG TUNE

8. Cali Sunshine

Produce by Nottz

This track is ok, I think I might have to hear it again The Game`s talking about 50 getting robbed, Suge Knight getting punched up. For me Nottz is a serious producer but I wasn’t really feeling this track it might be a grower though.

9. Never Say Goodbye

Produced EP

Another highlight. At the start Biggie’s talking about his shock of hearing Eazy E death. Then it cut’s to the radio talking about the death of Biggie and Tupac. First verse The Game raps with Tupac’s flow and second verse he spits like Biggie, he SMASHES it! They faded out the track after the second chorus so I’m not sure if he does another verse.

10. Ye Heard feat Ludacris

Produced by Nottz

This track is SERIOUS! The beat is stupid, probably the best beat on the album for me. Very Funky bouncy beat. The Game does his thing lyrically, he talks about being looked over and being too gangster to win a grammy but Ludacris SMASHES IT, one of the verses of the year for me, too many quotable ‘So many flags I thought I was in Russia…….’

11. Gentlemans’ Affair feat Neyo

Produced by JR Rotem

To be honest I thought this was the weakest track for me, it’s got a mellowy summery vibe. It’ll probably do well on radio but I wasn’t really feeling it compared to the tracks I heard before.

12. Angel feat Common

Produced by Kanye West

When I saw the line-up for this I thought this track would be SERIOUS but at first it didn’t grab me, the beat didn’t sound like a Kanye West beat at all, it followed the west coast bouncy production of the rest of the tracks. Common and The Game done their thing lyrically and I think it was john Legend on the chorus. Everyone else in the room was feeling this track though to be fair, it’ll probably grow on me(still a big tune though I was just expecting a classic)

13. Camera Phone feat Neyo

Produced by Cool & Dre

This sounds like it could definitely be a single, I could imagine this being huge, double time beat.

14. Money

Produced by Cool & Dre

This one is definitely for the streets, similar vibe to Rick Ross ‘Push It’, talks about money. This will be BIG another highlight! I could imagine rappers freestyling over this beat on mixtapes for years!

15. Breaking Rules feat Busta Rhymes

Produced by Scott Storch

Minimalist beat, everyone in the room was feeling this track. Got a similar vibe to ‘Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See’. Good track

16. Letter To The King feat Nas

Produced by Hi-Tek

One of my favourite tracks. The track is an ode to Martin Luther King and the civil rights movement. Very introspective, they both talk about when they were younger overlooking the struggle but now realising the power. The beat is crazy, Hi Tek does his job. Nas and The Game make great tracks together, they both have featured on each others current and previous albums and each track for me has been a standout!

Pain - they didn’t play Pain because everyone’s heard it all ready

Big Dreams - The people at Universal said this maybe a bonus track their not sure at the moment

L.A.X is in stores August 25th in the Uk. August 26th in US

man never say goodbye is going to be nuts heres more info on that song
he raps like easy in the 3rd verse i believe

Never gonna say goodbye - Produced by BWS’ EP - This was my favorite track of the night. This is a song that Game made as if he were in the body of 3 hip hop hall of famers 10 minutes before they passed. Game has 3 verses in which he is 2pac, Biggie and Ease-E. I thought it was a creative idea which worked. The beat is also crazy.

Sep 10, 2005
If its anything like this review the album is going to be crazy tight! Sounds like its going to be the best album for 08 from the review, but I'm waiting to hear more. I've liked what I heard so far though.

Jun 27, 2003
that review makes it seem like the album finna be slappin, aint gonna lie tho, prolly not finna pick that album up. Might dl it tho and see if it's really that good.

Nov 19, 2005
heres a different review

RealTalkNY was in the building last night at The Game’s LAX listening session. Thanks Sowmya! Below is a quick recap of what I heard… BTW LAX GOT PUSHED BACK TO AUGUST 26TH…SMH

After security was done acting like pricks… I made it inside and allowed my ears to go to work. Unfortunately, I missed the first 6 tracks, which, other media that were there told me were the best tracks on the album. I missed both lil Wayne tracks and one neyo track SMH… On to the tracks I did hear, I have a recap as it was hard to take notes with so many females around (very unprofessional, I agree) Enjoy the notes below:

1. Touchdown ft. Raheem Devaugh- The song came on and all the girls in the club went crazy. The dance floor was packed and the beat was banging. This might turn out to be that club song that girls be screaming when it comes on…

2. Camera Girl (phone) ft Ne-Yo - This Cool and Dre produced track (they have many tracks on the album) is more of a cool vibe track that you might just have playing in the back ground when a shorty is coming over. Ne-Yo does his thing of course and Game is on point.

3. Never gonna say goodbye - Produced by BWS’ EP - This was my favorite track of the night. This is a song that Game made as if he were in the body of 3 hip hop all of famers 10 minutes before they passed. Game has 3 verses in which he is 2pac, Biggie and Ease-E. I thought it was a creative idea which worked. The beat is also crazy.

4. Money - Yet another Cool and Dre track has that “Miami, rick Ross” feel to it. Game spits that shit on the track as he takes another shot at 50 in the song. This song was interrupted by Steve Berman who hugged Game and they acting like 2 long lost friends. For those that don’t know Steve Berman, pop in any 1 of Eminem’s first 3 albums. (side note: I thought em killed Berman in that last skit… lol)

5. Heaven - Produced by Jelly Roll - This was more of a Game spitting hard on a west coast beat.

6. I aint fucking w/ you ft. Busta Rhymes - Produced by The Trackmasters, this is most definitely the “strip club” joint as described by Game. You should hear this song as your favorite stripper is getting ready for her grand entrance.

7. Game’s Pain - You’ve seen and heard enough of this track…

The rest of the album was cut short due to time restraints and the party headed to another party JD was throwing…

Last note: Cool from Cool and Dre is one of the realest and most humble “industry” people I’ve ever met.

May 25, 2005
your review makes it seem like a good album...but who knows if we have the same perception of things...some beats you thought were dope, could very well suck through my eyes. we'll see.

Sicc OG
Apr 21, 2008
WHAT JAYECEON NEEDS TO STOP DOING,

1. DROPPING NAMES
2. MIMICKING STYLES THAT HE CAN'T GET WITH
3. STOP COMING AROUND MAIN ST OLE MARK ASS NIGGA.

Nov 19, 2005
Then ur talking about every hip hop publication ie Source, Murderdog, XXL etc. out there.

3 years ago this kind of thread on Game would of been 13 pages long by now. This nigga is finished.
naw more like these boards are dead and people tend to reply morew about the underground LA artists than the mainstream artists.

and i didn't review these lol but game always picks good beats he has an ear for music

Nov 19, 2005
Not ''finished'' because, like it or not, this will go platinum.

LOL @ 2 different reviews, same "EASE E" reference.

LOL
naw i just copied and pasted that part twice because on the first review they cut off the song b4 the 3rd verse so i thought i'd let you know the 3rd verse was easy haha

Jan 18, 2006
GAME AINT GOING PLATINUM, HE DIDNT GO PLATINUM WITH HIS SECOND ALBUM I DONT THINK, I KNOW IT WAS IN THE 900,000's LAST I SAW. I WILL BE SURPRISED IF HE GOES GOLD

Dec 9, 2005
^ If I'm not mistaken I believe Doctor's Advocate is around 2 Million worldwide.

Anyways...good review man...that producer lineup is filthy ! I liked his first two albums so I'm definitely gonna go out and support. The few tracks that I've heard were banging...and Game seems to be getting better as an Emcee every time.

Nov 19, 2005
GAME AINT GOING PLATINUM, HE DIDNT GO PLATINUM WITH HIS SECOND ALBUM I DONT THINK, I KNOW IT WAS IN THE 900,000's LAST I SAW. I WILL BE SURPRISED IF HE GOES GOLD
he definitely will he was around 950,000 in the US which would mean he definitely shipped a million which would make him platinum. He claims he's 3 times platinum world wide on that album but i think its like 2.4 mill worldwide

My first week prediction= 416,762 haha