Retire 23 from basketball?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Retire #42 from football as well.
lott was a savage but polamalu will retire at lotts level at the least. we cant retire everybodys number. i dont think theres a number in the nfl worthy of permanent retirement like jordans but if i had to say one it would be jerry rice. maybe babe ruth for baseball. gretzky for hockey. thats about it. i dont think theres one all time greatest football player hands down. jordan ruth and gretzky hold those titles.

Dec 4, 2005
im not against retiring his number but aside from jackie robinson i dont think anyones number should be retired from any league. Jordan is one of the best if not the best who hooped but thats all he was, is a hooper. look what jackie did for the whole game of baseball.

Sep 25, 2005
why, what was so special about MJ that they would have to retire his jersey. just being the best player or up there among the best palyers ever shouldnt be enough.

i dont know shit about basketball......but i mean Babe Ruths number isnt retired.........so why should MJ # be retired?

Jackie on the other hand changed the game. he was a game changing persnality that changed the lives of many people not just on the field but in life...................

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
WHILE WERE AT IT RETIRE THIS ONE TOO!!! LOL @ RETIRING #23!! BWAHAHAHA

what a bitch. this is a basketball thread about a basketball player from Cleveland admiring a basketball player from Chicago and here you come with your hater ass bitch shit. it's like you don't even care about no sport, you just hate the Raiders like everyone who ever played for the team fucked your bitch. you're worse than a bandwagon fan, at least we know who they root for. it's a cold day in hell when contribute anything meaningful to any thread. I'd talk shit about your team, but I forgot who you root for, I just know who you root against. :eyecross:

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
why, what was so special about MJ that they would have to retire his jersey. just being the best player or up there among the best palyers ever shouldnt be enough.

i dont know shit about basketball......but i mean Babe Ruths number isnt retired.........so why should MJ # be retired?

Jackie on the other hand changed the game. he was a game changing persnality that changed the lives of many people not just on the field but in life...................

Babe Ruth was a fat slob. Dude said he would never play with black players and when the Yankees went to Japan for a game he was a prick. What did Babe Ruth do for baseball that Josh Gibson didnt do? I dont think MJ should have his # retired right now because frankly, since hes alive, young and has his name on a worldwide product it would be prematurely immortalizing him. For now his image is enough.

Oct 30, 2008
I AM A BIG TIME JORDAN-BULLS FAN BUT I DON'T THINK THEY SHOULD RETIRE HIS NUMBER THRU THE WHOLE NBA-IF THAT'S THE CASE LEBRON SHOULD OF BEEN ON THE JORDAN TEAM INSTEAD OF HIS WEAK ASS LEBRON SHOES, WADE GOT SMART AND JOINED THE JORDAN SQUAD/ PLUS LETS RETIRE 32-MAGIC JOHNSON,33-LARRY BIRD, IT'S A NO- LEBRON IS FRONTIN

Sep 25, 2005
Babe Ruth was a fat slob. Dude said he would never play with black players and when the Yankees went to Japan for a game he was a prick. What did Babe Ruth do for baseball that Josh Gibson didnt do?.
thanks for making my point....about how great Ruth was AT BASEBALL......my memory is bad on this but did Gibson ever play MLB?

Jackie had his number retired because he changed the game and the country by setting the tone for the following years to come in which such Civil Rights leaders as MLK, Rosa PArks, ect....... would build on the road that Jackie started

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
I know why Jackie's number was retired, and it should be. Babe Ruth, however, didnt do anything more than be a good baseball player. He didnt speak for the game in any way, help it branch out or be a good role model. Ruth was one of the greatest players of all time, but thats it. There are plenty of guys who's number could be retired along with his.

As for Josh Gibson-
Baseball historians consider Gibson to be among the very best catchers and power hitters in the history of any league, including the Major Leagues, and he was elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1972. Gibson was known as the "black Babe Ruth."[2] (In fact, some fans at the time who saw both Gibson and Ruth play called Ruth "the white Josh Gibson.") [3] He never played in Major League Baseball because, under their unwritten "gentleman's agreement" policy, they excluded non-whites during his lifetime.

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
Robinson's number wasn't retired as much for what he did on the field but for what he did for people, this country, and life in general. Sure, he was a great player, but so was Henry Aaron, Mickey Mantle, etc.

Michael Jordan was the greatest basketball player the NBA ever had, and the most recognized. He changed the image of the league, and became a global icon. With that said, keep his jersey retired in the United Center, and let CJ Watson ''be like Mike".

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Oh shit, CJ Watson shoulda known better than to wear 23.

C.J. Watson announced on his Twitter page Sunday that he may have the H1N1 virus.
While he does not say whether he has it or not, he has been wearing a mask when he's around people, and if has a fever (or H1N1) it is the NBA's policy that he sits out. At this point he should be considered questionable for Tuesday's game.