REPORTS: Favre to retire...again.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
Brett Favre has informed the Vikings that he will not return for another season in Minnesota, the Star-Tribune reported Tuesday.

Favre has sent text messages to teammates saying, "This is it," league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Neither Favre nor the Vikings have confirmed the news but a press release is expected Tuesday, the sources said.

The Associated Press also reported that Favre is saying that he's not returning this season.

The Vikings' ownership is holding its annual meeting at training camp Tuesday morning.

This would be the third retirement for Favre, who also retired after 16 seasons with the Green Bay Packers after the 2007 season and one season with the New York Jets after the 2008 season.

The 40-year-old Favre has been working out at his home in Hattiesburg, Miss., still rehabbing a surgically repaired ankle that was injured in Minnesota's overtime loss to the New Orleans Saints in the NFC title game. He has yet to inform the team if he will honor the second year of his contract and come back for another run at the Super Bowl.

With Favre, of course, nothing is ever necessarily final. Last year Favre told the Vikings he was not going to play shortly before camp opened. But he changed his mind a few weeks later, and went on to record one of the best seasons of his career despite having less than three weeks to prepare.

If Favre doesn't return, the Vikings' starting quarterback job likely will be decided in a training camp battle between Sage Rosenfels and Tarvaris Jackson.

The 32-year-old Rosenfels, acquired by the Vikings last year in a trade with the Houston Texans, has a career quarterback rating of 81.2. In 32 games, he has 30 touchdowns and 29 interceptions and has passed for 4,156 yards.

The 27-year-old Jackson, drafted in the second round of the 2006 draft, has a 77.9 rating and has 21 touchdowns and 18 interceptions, passing for 3,643 yards in 33 career games.

Favre threw for over 4,200 yards with 33 touchdowns and just seven interceptions to lead the Vikings (12-4) to the NFC North title and their first NFC title game since 2001.

Information from the Associated Press was used in this report.

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
Brett Favre has informed the Vikings that he will not return for another season in Minnesota, the Star-Tribune reported Tuesday.

Favre has sent text messages to teammates saying, "This is it," league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Neither Favre nor the Vikings have confirmed the news but a press release is expected Tuesday, the sources said.

The Associated Press also reported that Favre is saying that he's not returning this season.

The Vikings' ownership is holding its annual meeting at training camp Tuesday morning.

This would be the third retirement for Favre, who also retired after 16 seasons with the Green Bay Packers after the 2007 season and one season with the New York Jets after the 2008 season.

The 40-year-old Favre has been working out at his home in Hattiesburg, Miss., still rehabbing a surgically repaired ankle that was injured in Minnesota's overtime loss to the New Orleans Saints in the NFC title game. He has yet to inform the team if he will honor the second year of his contract and come back for another run at the Super Bowl.

With Favre, of course, nothing is ever necessarily final. Last year Favre told the Vikings he was not going to play shortly before camp opened. But he changed his mind a few weeks later, and went on to record one of the best seasons of his career despite having less than three weeks to prepare.

If Favre doesn't return, the Vikings' starting quarterback job likely will be decided in a training camp battle between Sage Rosenfels and Tarvaris Jackson.

The 32-year-old Rosenfels, acquired by the Vikings last year in a trade with the Houston Texans, has a career quarterback rating of 81.2. In 32 games, he has 30 touchdowns and 29 interceptions and has passed for 4,156 yards.

The 27-year-old Jackson, drafted in the second round of the 2006 draft, has a 77.9 rating and has 21 touchdowns and 18 interceptions, passing for 3,643 yards in 33 career games.

Favre threw for over 4,200 yards with 33 touchdowns and just seven interceptions to lead the Vikings (12-4) to the NFC North title and their first NFC title game since 2001.

Information from the Associated Press was used in this report.
I don't know if "THIS IS IT" means he's retiring...it could mean he found a great burger joint, or maybe he found a great new hair coloring for his beard. Who knows?

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Probably means he's retiring for good. I guess we gotta hear it from the horses mouth. But if it's true, then look out for the Bears who'll battle the Packers for tops in the NFC North.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Mmmmmmm, probably not. I'm sticking with the Bears in the NFC as long as Lovie Smith is head coach and Mike Martz is running the offense. The Bears are going to be deep. Lovie can put most of his focus on the defense now.

I run with the cheeseheads on Madden. I gotta try the Bears (because of Martz' playbook) and Raiders (now that we have an accurate qb who doesn't throw curve balls)

Nov 5, 2004
I don't know if "THIS IS IT" means he's retiring...it could mean he found a great burger joint, or maybe he found a great new hair coloring for his beard. Who knows?
Or maybe just texted his buddies, urging them to watch the recent Michael Jackson documentary.

Feb 17, 2006
Childress denied the report on our local news. Said he hasn't heard it from the horse's mouth... Although one of our largest newspapers published he was retiring... I think Favre is done. And Packers will take it before the bears...

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
"This is it" doesn't necessarily mean he's retiring

and even if he is saying he's retiring, he could just be saying that now, then once training camp is over he'll be back... he did it last year

and if he really does retire... Da Bears are NOT winning the division... did you guys forget about Green Bay? they have a shot to win the division even with Favre coming back

they have Peyton Manning with Jesus legs behind center

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
"This is it" doesn't necessarily mean he's retiring

and even if he is saying he's retiring, he could just be saying that now, then once training camp is over he'll be back... he did it last year

and if he really does retire... Da Bears are NOT winning the division... did you guys forget about Green Bay? they have a shot to win the division even with Favre coming back
Yeah you never really know with Favre. One day his bicep isn't responding and then the next he's rifling passes.

We'll see how the Bears do now that Lovie can focus on D. Mike Martz's offense has always put points on the board. He always finds a receiver that nobody has heard before and turns him into something. Don't underestimate Mike when it comes to offense.

Green Bay has a good shot too but they're not guarenteed. We gotta see how the season plays out.

Dec 12, 2006
If i read this is it from Farve, I would assume hes talkin about winning the Super Bowl not that he is done with the team, although more people will prolly read the story if it says Farve is retiring, anyway Im just pissed cuz I took Sidney Rice in my FF drat yesterday

I wanna see one more season of Farve in Mini soda

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
^ I think they're still possibly a playoff team without Favre, they were a couple years ago

I just don't think they're a Super Bowl contender... or will win the division, because Green Bay is gonna be dope

Aug 9, 2002
Don't see why people on the bears nuts. THEY ARE GARBAGE!!! Also don't sleep on the vikings. Year before favre got there they won 10 games with Tavaris Jackson(willie beamin) at Qb. Also Jackson is a fantasy football sleeper

Stealth

May 8, 2002
Haha I dunno if I can go that far. I got Ray Rice and he plays the Steelers twice a year and it kills me inside. The most I can hope is that he puts up 300 yards and still loses. That's why I never bet on my team either.

But I'm in a keeper league and the top 36 players have been taken. So Sidney Rice is in the top 10 and Favre is the 3rd best QB left. I'm passing on both of them.