Redskins Vs. Raiders

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I think the rest of our games are winable. The chargers are gonna be tough though. I must say im really pleased with Gradkowski. I dont see how Jamarcus Russell could still be in the NFL next year. I think its safe to say his legacy as one of the TOP 5 worst 1st pick/QB in NFL history is cemented. Im also sad to say DHB is following him closely on the road to Bustville!!! Go Raiders!!!
we don't play the Chargers again this season...

we got Washington, Cleveland, Denver, and Baltimore

Jan 18, 2006
^^^ Crazy if that happened cuz that was my prediction at the beginning of the season unfortunately we had set backs cuz of jamarkass bustell

Jun 24, 2005
www.MYSPACE.COM
Ya'll wanna talk about the Niners theres a whole seperate thread for that thanks.

The reason I think they don't win this one is cuz they dont do to good against below average teams, but they excel against top teams. weird. but true.

Jan 18, 2006
Ya'll wanna talk about the Niners theres a whole seperate thread for that thanks.

The reason I think they don't win this one is cuz they dont do to good against below average teams, but they excel against top teams. weird. but true.
normally id say that is true but i think they finally found a formula that is some what working and i think the Raiders are becoming a much better team because of it.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Here is what some of the redskins players think about raider fans...

Click under the recent posts....

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...ls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&sa=N&um=1
http://blog.redskins.com/2009/12/11/could-raiders-fans-be-worse-than-eagles-fans/

Could Raiders Fans Be Worse Than Eagles Fans?

Posted Dec 11th 2009 3:00PM by Matt Terl (author feed)

Call it East Coast bias, call it NFC East pride, call it ignorance, call it whatever you want. Fact is, when I think of terrifying NFL fans, it's the Philadelphia Eagles who jump to mind. The stories about them are so famous -- and so ubiquitous -- that they've degenerated into a sort of shorthand. All you need are a couple of keywords -- booing Santa, say, or cheering paralyzed Michael Irvin -- and you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Raiders fans, meanwhile, have always seemed somewhat clownish to me, with their elaborate "scary" costumes and spikes and shoulder pads and what-not. Raiders fans seemed scary like ... like an old-school slasher movie, a Friday The 13th; Eagles fans seemed scary like getting punched in a back alley.

After talking to some of the Redskins players who have California ties, I'm beginning to rethink that, though.

Lorenzo Alexander has friends who actually sit the legendary Black Hole, although none of the more recognizable guys, and also has Raiders fans in his family. He's having more than fifteen people attend Sunday's game, but isn't interested in having them all wear his number 79.

"I don't know if they're gonna wear it to the Raider game," he says. "It's like going to Philly. I mean, there's some stuff you just don't do. You'll cause a problem, get beat up."

He thinks about the Raiders fan/Eagles fan comparison for a few seconds, then adds, "The Raider fans are definitely grimy. If you remember a few years back when they went to the Super Bowl, they rioted the city. That's the type of fans they have."

Tackle Will Robinson (recently signed from the pratice squad) grew up in Pomona, and he doesn't think or hesitate before answering. "Raider fans are worse," he says immediately. "I've heard some stories about the Black Hole, about some stabbings goin' down. When I was in San Diego [for college], I went to the Chargers - Raiders game, and let me tell you: I've never seen so many fights in a football game in my life."

Robinson has one friend who's a Raiders fan who will be actively rooting against Robinson. "What am I supposed to do," Robinson asks, "tell him he has to root against his team?"

New starting running back Quinton Ganther, from Richmond, California, faces a similar problem: his father is a die-hard Raiders fan. But Ganther says there's no doubt what his dad will do on Sunday. "C'mon now," he says. "That's an easy question. You know who he BETTER root for. The guy who got his last name."

Andre Carter is another one who claims lots of Raider fan friends. "They're wild, man," he says. "They've got the costumes, the black paint ... I mean, no matter what their record is, they're gonna be out there supporting their team."

And he also doesn't hesitate at the which-fans-are-tougher question. "Raiders fans," he says -- and, from the locker behind him, Phillip Daniels echoes, "Raider fans."

Carter explains, "Raiders fans, they'll fight you. Eagles fan'll fight you, but this year they weren't as bad as in previous years. But Raiders? If you have a different jersey on in that Black Hole? Forget about it. They're gonna fight you."

So it's not an act? All the costumes and face paint and that kind of stuff? "Naw," Carter says. "Raiders fans, they're really hostile."

Despite his stint in the NFC North, Fred Smoot considers himself an NFC East guy through and through, so there was little doubt which way he was going to lean. "I'm gonna go with the Eagles," he says, "'Cause they really got a physical violence."

He acknowledged Carter's opinion, but mostly shrugs it off. "He's a West Coast guy," Smoot says. "What you're around is what you get, but I think the only reason the Philadelphia fans are a little worse is 'cause they beleive in hurtin' you. And they'll hurt your family members -- they treat it like Mafia-style, almost."

Casey Rabach has spent time in the AFC (with Baltimore) as well as the NFC East, but found it difficult to explain the difference between the two fan bases. "Philly, you just have [big jerks], you know," he explains. "But in Oakland, yeah, you've got characters, but ... it's pretty crazy. Not as [big of jerks], but it's crazy in a different way."

Albert Haynesworth had a similar take. "Raiders fans," he says. "Those people are nuts. They paint their face...." He stops for a second, then shakes his head. "Those people are crazy."

Still, even after all of that, I still find myself suspecting that Eagles fans are worse. Since I'll be walking around in my standard gameday uniform of Redskins polo shirt on Sunday, I expect I'll find out one way or another. Assuming I'm not pelted to death with batteries, I'll let you know what I discover.

Feb 10, 2009
South Sacramento
i predict this game will be blacked out......

u be suprised how many redskins fans there are,because i seen alotta people in Cali with redskins gear......but thier fans have gotta be one of the gayest,why do they wear woman's clothes with a pig mask????

Jun 1, 2002

TRUE, BUT I THINK WE'RE GOING TO BREAK THAT TREND TOMORROW.

I'LL BE THERE.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
i predict this game will be blacked out......

u be suprised how many redskins fans there are,because i seen alotta people in Cali with redskins gear......but thier fans have gotta be one of the gayest,why do they wear woman's clothes with a pig mask????
that's a good prediction... because they already said it will be blacked out, lol